“Great Place”

Ranked #55 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
daytona Beach
“Great Place”
Reviewed February 23, 2007

Stayed at the Beach Club in Early Jan and our stay was just great! Rooms were clean, and the Staff very helpful in locating places to eat and visit Will stay there again in July and looking forward to it Thanks again for a nice experience

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank skip69

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Danbury CT
Reviewed February 22, 2007

My boyfriend and I are Northeastern Nascar fans and decided to take a trip to the Daytona 500!!! This is my first Daytona 500 and it is also the week of valentines day :)
We stayed from 02/13/07-02/19/07 and I was so dissapointed I cried the entire first night we were there. We had spent over 200.00 a night on this hotel and the pool was out of service, the hot tub was out of service and I was pratically allergic to my room. It was so miserable we tried to stay out of our room. I have never been so dissapointed.
Then the second night we are there we see on the hotel billboard outside rooms available for 99.00 a night! I am only 26 years old and last I checked I had not won the lotto so a savings of 109.00 dollars a night would have almost made this place worth it. This is not the place for couples and my boyfriend and I wish we would have never stayed here. It wasn't the absolutely worst I have ever stayed in but is in my top 3 for the worst hotels I have ever stayed in and I have done my share of traveling.
The hotel itself is extremely run down the hallways and doorhandles are disgustingly dirty. This hotel looks like a spring back factory not a 209.00 a night place to sleep. I don't know if it was the dust in our room or what but my boyfriend (who has never had allergies) and I were up half the night sneezing and miserable and wound up sleeping with the patio door open during the one time in FL when it was in the 30's!!!!
If I were you I would not stay here but that is just my opinion!
Meghan From CT

Stayed February 2007
Southern Indiana
Reviewed December 12, 2006

We stayed two different times and enjoyed it.m All of u who gave it a 1 2 or 3 must have champaigne taste. We went for the beach and sight seeing. We stayed in two diffrent rooms and for the price was great!!! And the rooms we were in were clean. But we clean up after ourselves too. The club was having trouble with people that was staying there. They were putting their trash and Pizza boxes in the hallways. That might be where the roaches were going though we didn't see any. We are planning a return visit this summer! : )

Stayed July 2006
Rochester, MN
Reviewed October 18, 2006

I grew up in Florida and am familar with the climate and the tourist season.

I now live in Rochester, Minnesota were the average temperature this time of year is 32 degrees, need I say more..
I wanted to get away for an extended weekend for some low maintenance "RR". So I booked this hotel but was groaning after I read the travel advisory... expecting the worst.

But I got what I expected and was Very Satisfied... for these reasons:

This time of year the crowds are pleasantly non-existant
I didn't travel with small children which always makes vacationing a bit high maintenance all be it enjoyable.

The room # 618 was a bargain at 53.00 per night (3 nights) for 2 adults. It was clean but no frills. The room itself was an extended double bed kitchenette style room-perfect for 2 ladies on vacation. But certainly not suite size for small children. It was clean and orderly-No bugs or odors to be found. However the cleaning staff only changed towels daily. No bed change or vacuum.. but hey I don't do that everyday at home either. I would have been more obliged to tip the staff had those things been done.

The location of the hotel "right on the beach" is the best. If you wanted something quick to eat for breakfast or lunch the hotel had "mimi's cafe" which served easy breakfast or lunch with specials at 3.00 per meal and nothing that exceeded 5.00 was a steal. The dishes were simple and yummy what I would expect at home.

Things that will make your stay comfortable:
Off season: lots of city construction and building maintenance going on. I always travel with ear plugs and an extra blanket. For this trip these were life savers. Our room cornered the busy street and beachview. There was no hotel hall noise but the street was pretty busy (earplugs work great for restful nights).
For some reason the rooms had no blankets, I typically bring my own with me so that wasn't a problem either.

Pool side was noisey because the hotel was redoing the balconies, strange seeing the ocean but not being able to hear it. Fix: rent the lawn chairs and umbrella rentals on the beach (already set up by rental company literally two steps from the pool) at 20.00 all day it's worth every penny.

If your disappointed with the boring off season night life drive to St. Augustine (40 minute drive) and enjoy the drink and music of one of the oldest historical cities in the U.S.

• Liked — Location of hotel right on beachfront
  • Disliked — Tight parking
  • Tips/Secrets — bring earplugs and extra blankets
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Minnestoasnowbird
Georgia
Reviewed October 18, 2006

Absolutely one of the worst hotels I have ever seen. The appearance of the lobby and hallways was ok but that is as far as it goes. We looked at the room.It seemed ok.We had the doors open and air was blowing thru, went out on the balcony and it was still daylight.There were some odors but we thought they would go away after we were there for a little while. We rented the room and then went out for dinner and to pick up a few items.When we came back, we turned on the lights, some of them didn't work. The odor was worse. We bought candles and febreeze.That would not even cover up the odor of what seemed to be urine.We moved the coffee table to pull out the sofa beds and immediately noticed how filthy the carpets were.The front desk knew that we had 3 adults and a child.There was only 1 bed and that was ok because there were 2 sleeper sofa's.The front desk knew that we would be using the sleeper sofas.When we opened up the sofa beds there were no linens.There were none folded up in the sofas, in the closets or anything.My husband went back to the front desk (approx. 11 p.m.) but it was closed and no one there. He tracked down the security guard who gave him sheets (dirty) off of a rollaway and said that was all he had.At that point we left to go find another motel even though we knew there was a chance we would not be refunded the money we had paid for 3 nights.Nevertheless we chose to stay at the Best Western Aku Tiki and the next morning went back to see if we could get a refund.The refunded the other 2 nights but not for the first night even though we could not stay there without linens. We did not even want our son to sit on the floor and we used beach towels to cover the sofa's for us to sit on them. There was a broken table down behind the t.v. and the odor was overbearing.I haved asthma and I was having trouble breathing after being in that room for as long as I was. The hotel has the potential of being a really nice place. The walls were filthy, the comforter on the bed was filthy and the rooms appeared to have has parties thrown in it.You could see where ash trays had been spilled in the carpet and it looked like someone had just rubbed it down in the carpet. I felt so dirty and after we left we could still smell the odor on our clothes. The Best Western was beautiful and we stayed there for 7 days. I will never go back to the Daytona Beach Club. I would rather sleep in my car. It has to be pretty bad for us to have left and pay for another motel for the same night. We are not wealthy people and it was a big risk we took not knowing if we would get a refund but we knew we could not stay there. I don't think it would have been healthy. The front desk clerk was not very friendly either. Also about the covered parking, we had to park in the lower level and it was filthy as well. It was worse than filthy. I hope no one that reads this ever stays at this motel. Take a little extra time and find a clean place to stay that at least has linens and is clean. If it had of been clean, we would have stayed. You can overlook alot of things as long as it is clean.

• Liked — Ocean View
  • Disliked — Filthiness and lack of linens and odor
  • Tips/Secrets — Alwalys read reviews
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
7 Thank robintrk3
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 8, 2006

OK when we booked this hotel the price was pretty low, so we were a bit skeptical at first, but when we realized it was a 3 star hotel we knew it wouldnt be a dump or anything. WE WERE WRONG. That's exactly what it was a dump! The floors were nasty the TV was like a 13" and the stand it was on was broken. The lamp in the room was like in 3 pieces but still provided light so im assuming that's why it wasn't replaced. (but it definetely needed to be). The bed was riduclulously hard, and my back is STILL hurting from it. As far as the staff was concerned... friendly isn't the word, rude is more like what I was thinking. I asked for some towels and the guy rudely asked how many and I said "four please" then he said said I'll give you only two". On top of that, it was the first hotel where i'd ever been and they didn't even provide anytime of shampoo or shower caps. Whatever good things you read about this place is a lie, and dont believe it. It's a ONE star hotel, at the most.

• Liked — Cable TV
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — There is no tolitries available such as shampoo, soap, shower cap, etc.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank PeggyinGA
New York
Reviewed September 29, 2006

Our room was on 7th floor facing ocean. View from balcony was great. Room contained fridge, micro, range. Beds comfortable. BUT..Carpet stained, hallways dirty, couch and chaise stained, blinds broken. I wouldn't return.

• Liked — ocean view
  • Disliked — stained carpets, furniture
  • Stayed September 2006