“absolutely amazing”

Ranked #76 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Florida
“absolutely amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

we stayed at the Daytona Beach Oceanside Inn and was very pleased with everything... Originaly we had planned to get a single room, however, we upgraded to the 2 BR Penthouse Suite... due to additional people staying with us... we were amazed when we walked into the suite.. it was very well decorated, and the staff was friendly when we checked in. The day of our departure, the staff accomodated us after vacating the room and allowed us to stay at the pool for as long as we wanted after the check out time... you read negative posts, and all I can say is, I am so glad that I did not listen to what others wrote.. by far this was the BEST hotel we have stayed in, and we travel for 4 months for cheer competitions. The value of the room was very well worth it... we had others stay at a high end hotel near the boardwalk, and their room did not come close to ours, and we paid the same price....

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

When we got there the front desk people did not even acknowledge us and were very rude. We were supposed to have an Ocean view room but got a street and another hotels view. When we enquired about that we were told that if we tried looking at the far left side of our window we would see the ocean! There were other two parties complaining about the same issue as as. The room was DIRTY and smelly......

The hotel should invest in good quality customer service.....smiling front desk faces instead of those grumpy agents (evening shift) will go a long way.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

There during college spring break to meet daughter - crowded with kids but had tight security night and day, breakfast only cereal and donuts, service wonderful for anything we needed/asked for, didn't like paying extra for mandatory dvd rental. Ocean view from room, had microwave and fridge, love the pillows! Has a breakfast restaurant, not expensive, and also small evening club/restaurant. Free parking.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 2kayak
Princeton, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

Worst hotel stay ever! Looked good on internet, should have listened to the bad reviews. I don't know who would give this place a good review, except smelly trailer trash smokers. First off, it's old and broken down, lobby stinks, rooms stink like, not sure what, old stale coffee mixed with smoke maybe. We were totally paranoid of roaches and tore the beds down to look but none were found at night. In the morning I saw one on the wall just above the bed. I took a picture and showed the front desk while trying to escape this pit and they gave me a whole $17 discount, but after adding several hidden charges I still paid over $110. They did let me out of my second night and I went to the Holiday Inn next door and had the best hotel I've ever stayed at for $130.

Run away, right next door to the Holiday Inn, you won't regret it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Warwick, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

The trip there was nice. When we arrived the desk clerk was nice. We were suppose to get an efficiency but when we got to the room, lets just say it was far from appealing. For the difference in price we elected to stay in the regular room. We walked into the room and when I turned on the air, this moldy smell came out. Now, my three grandchildren have asthma.( 11,10 and 8) I figured it may be because the air hasn't been turned on for awhile and the smell would go away so we notified the desk clerk and we went to the pool It was slimey so I slipped and hurt my toe going down the stairs of the pool.Now I should of reported it but I'm not like that. If I had known what I know now I would have.
The room also was far from clean. I told the children to make sure they wore their slippers because the rugs were sssssssoooooo dirty.
The internet is not free. There was a charge of 5.95 and that was for internet and movies for the two nights we were there. OK no biggie
.The big problem came when we left. We checked out and went to breakfast (somewhere else because the breakfast there was a joke)and I thought I left some toiletrys there so we went back within 1 1/2 hrs. We went up to the room and it had already been cleaned. The maid and head maid said they found nothing in the room. OK no big thing. I ended up finding them in another bag later on. We arrived home and the next day I checked my credit card and there was a charge of $266.25 that I could not figure out from the hotel. I called the booking agent. She called me back and said it was because of smoking in the room. OK BUT I DON'T SMOKE !!!!!! My grendchildren don't smoke either. I called the manager several times (Scott Hendricks) and when I finally got ahold of him he said he had to check with the head maid. OK. No call back so I called again several times and when I talked to him he said there was a heavy smell of smoke reported by the maid and he wasn't 100% sure but he thinks there was cigarette packs found in the garbage. Again I don't smoke !!! I explained that to Scott and he said "This happens all the time". I tried to explain to him that I don't smoke (again) My grandchildren don't smoke either so how could that of happened.I told Scott I returned to the hotel 11/2 hours later to see if I left some things and the room was already cleaned and NO-ONE mentioned anything like that to me.

So here it is months later and I never seen my $266.25. Amagine charging that much money for nothing.

So whether or not you smoke if your number is drawn for the smoking charge YOU WILL get hit with it. Unless you can go back to take them to small claims court, you will never see that money again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY booking agent will never use them again, she knows I don't smoke

I will NEVER set foot in that establishment again even if it was for free. I don't want to be in their lottery

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

The staff was ridiculously rude. The "complimentary breakfast" consisted of stale cereal and orange juice. The website advertises free dvd rentals and free wifi, but when you check out you have to pay for those services whether you used them or not. If you want a towel you have to pay $25 FOR A TOWEL*. They didn't have room service; we called to ask if they could bring up some extra towels and they rudely told us to come down and get it ourselves. Also our keys never worked we had to go get new keys multiple times a day.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank taylor718
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

They had great service, the place was very clean and big. I would def stay here again and most likely will!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family