“Good value and first class service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront

Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront
Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
connecticut
“Good value and first class service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

Stayed here several times at various times of the year. Always a warm welcome, clean and comfortable rooms and good value.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ronaldfrancis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

Hampton Inn's are my choice so I stayed at the Daytona Shores property. The manager (Donna) and her staff are fantastic. I had a conference in Daytona, this hotel was less than 10 minutes from the Hilton, great free breakfast, free parking, free wireless, great cable with HBO, pool overlooking the ocean. Other hotels charge extra for most of these amenities. Oh, and Donna knew I was working late and asked me what kind of cookies they should set aside for me. Can you imagine? How nice is that.

The hotel was extremely clean and my Ocean front room had a walk out balcony with table and chairs for a price much less than hotels in Dayton. In fact many of those hotels don't even have a balcony.

And, if you are in the area for work or don't want to listen to motorcycles cruising the loop in Daytona, this place is very quite with the exception of the ocean. I left my private balcony door open all night. If you stay above the 5th or 6th floor, people on the beach can't hardly see into the room.

Day one I was in a crunch to get materials for a conference. They gave me direction to a copy location and gave me a coupon for the place too-Amazing. The second day they were power washing, waxing, and vacuuming the lobby floors and elevators. Day three there was a guy scrubbing the brass railings.

I've stayed at Hotels all over the states and if you are like me and don't care about a fancy lobby and just want good service, clean rooms, decent price, and great extras this hotel is it. Not to mention you are right on the beach. Sun came up in my room every morning. Stop looking at book it. Thanks Donna!

P.S. Good grocery store nearby and don't forget to drive down and check out the Ponce de Leon lighthouse.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Explorer2020
plano, texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

wonderful time-ocean front with private balcony, queen beds with 3 pillows per bed(one of them has to fit your taste),fan folded towels, continental breakfast is truly "hot breakfast" (beats anyone-different hot item each day, cheese omlets,sausage biscuits, sausage and french toast, ham and cheese scrambled eggs- all excellent) with all other things-yogurt,pastries, hot and cold cereal,fresh and peeled tropical fruits, bagels, muffins, etc.)If you eat this for breakfast, you're going to want to try the local rest for dinner, what would you need a kitchen for anyway. They have refrig and microwave if you want to eat in, anything is microwavable now. wifi and temp membership to Golds Gym (1 block away), as well as on site rec room. Staff super helpful. Fresh apples and hot baked cookies at night a plus.Heated pool and hot tub. For the beach: lounge chairs, pails with shovels for kids, boogy boards, "floaties", towels. Beach is nice, saw schools of sting rays (way cool) 2 evenings and dolphins from our balcony every morning.ample free parking, clean rooms, wonderful staff. I'm told through the summer they have free cookout every Saturday night (hot dogs,hamburgers etc.) 7 minutes north to board walk.Just south are wonderful oceanfront restaurants.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Plano_TexasDad
cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

I booked this hotel via a popular websit, travelo.city.com....
the hotel was extemely clean, the staff were extremely competent and polite....the floors glissened all day long as well as the outdoor pool and hot tub. The breakfast was very good and the late night "cookies" were a special touch. The hotel was a bit far away from the Pier of Daytona, however, the distance from the Daytona Beach Pier was well worth the walk!
I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bbissonnette
Dearborn, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

Yesterday we returned home from a fabulous eight-day stay the Hampton Inn, Daytona Beach Shores. It was our fifth visit and as always we found everything to be five-star. In my professional life I have come to know and appreciate the value of being treated with courtesy and warmly. Most important, when dealing with people. At the Hampton we were treated warmly and with courtesy, most especially by the front desk people, all the way down to the young man washing down the pool area in the early morning hours and the young lady caring for our breakfast meals. Our room was on the seventh floor and though our room gave us a side view of the ocean, the view was superb. Kudos to those at the front desk. We were made to feel welcome and the welcome came with smiles and an eagerness to be of service. We heartily recommend the Hampton Inn Oceanfront to all those looking for that extra special touch away from home.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GRD78
Wichita, KS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

The hotel is located right on the beach, at the quiet end of Daytona Beach Shores. The location couldn't have been any better. My room was spacious with two queen beds and a table with two chairs. The bed was very comfortable. The balcony also had a table with two chairs. The bathroom was average at best, however very clean. The room was very clean as well. Now for the not so good: Upon entering the hotel, a guest was in the middle of a beating from the front desk clerk while trying to use his Hilton points to pay for the room. After that (and 15 minutes of waiting), it was no surprise that the front desk clerk was no friendlier when I checked in either. A couple of hours later when I turned my television on, the channels were so fuzzy I could not see anything. I called the front desk to ask about it and he said maintenance was right there and would send him right up. 30 minutes later, maintenance finally arrived. To make a long story short, I had to keep wiggling the cable in the back of the television until the channel was clear again. The internet connection was pretty slow - bordering on dial up speeds. When I left the next morning, I said good-bye to the front desk clerk who responded with nothing. Normally, I would have given this hotel a 4 out of 5 or even a 5 out of 5 for their location and cleanliness. However, with this type of service, I just couldn't. Based on the location and cleanliness I would probably stay here again. Just understand that the service will be lacking.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GT6
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

My husband and I rented a beachfront condo on the Gulf side for six weeks. We are now heading back to Canada the slow way, up the Atlantic coast. This is our first hotel stay and we found it an easy transition. Our room is on the top floor facing the ocean. The balcony is sheltered from the wind and very comfortable, even in the unseasonably cool weather Florida is having. The weather was warm on our first day and we made good use of the large heated pool. It is surrounded by lots of chairs, so you don't have to "stake your claim". And the beach is only a few feet away. The hotel is older but clean and in good repair. The rooms are decorated nicely. We didn't have any problems with the parking lot. Although the internet is free, we did find it a bit slow. It would have been nice to have a screen door on the balcony as the bugs were attracted to the lights in our room. And finally, we did tell the desk about how long it took for the water to get hot in the shower and about the variable water pressure. P.S. We were here during Bike Week. What a fabulous experience. Yes, it gets noisy and crowded, but it's worth it to see the beautiful bikes and to people watch. We didn't have any trouble getting into the restaurants we wanted, or in driving around town sightseeing. Go, it's worth it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple