“Beautiful Property”

Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
“Beautiful Property”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was beautiful. We were a late check in and on our way there we got lost. We called the hotel and the girl gave us directions. She was very sweet and personable. When we got there she was great getting us and the other family we were travelling with checked in. The property was beautiful and we spent an entire day by the pool and on the beach just enjoying the location. We were close to everything and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were a little smaller than I usually like but we had enough room for everything and the breakfast was great. I would recommend.

Room Tip: Although we could see the beach from our room it would have been nicer to be facing the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jen L
Wendy T, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Aku Tiki Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thanks for your comments. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the pool and the beach while you were here. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Polish first
Leesburg, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is our 2nd. stay at this hotel. We come here to enjoy the beach which is steps from the pool. This is a great value and location. Most rooms have a beach view and the sunrise is great. Pricing is value for expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Robert L
Thanks for coming back to stay with us again. We appreciate the business. Thanks for your comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and got value for your money. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our fourth time to stay here. This time our son and family came with us. Rooms very clean, beds very comfortable. The biggest pool I have ever seen at a motel. Fantastic free breakfast, eggs sausage biscuit gravy cereal juice milk french toast pancakes etc. They furnish you towels for the pool. Games include shuffleboard, ping pong, corn hole. The on site restaurant(where breakfast is served) has great food at good prices. Make sure you try the pizza. Yes, they have a exercise room, to work off all the good food you eat. To top it off the staff at motel and restaurant are the best. We stayed 6 nights. Hope to be there again next year. One more thing, and this was important to one who hates elevators theirs was fast and smooth.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JJean711
Wendy T, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Aku Tiki Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We love to have repeat visitors! So glad that you enjoyed your breakfast, the pool games, the restaurant, and the exercise room. It sounds like you had a fantastic time. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us again. Thanks!
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had been searching for a place for our first family vacation in 6 years and was getting very discouraged. A friend had just got home from here and told me it was nice and inexpensive. I checked it out and my husband and I decided to book. The staff is great and the restaurant was exceptional but the rooms had much to be desired. They were musky, damp, decor out of date, the comforters had stains on them, and humid. I have thick long hair and when I went to dry it the hair dryer quit after just a few moments on high. After letting it cool I tried again on MED setting and it lasted longer but I never could finish my hair.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank KPoole1966
We are sorry to hear that our rooms did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your positive feedback on our staff and restaurant. We appreciate your comments.
Smithfield
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed from the 14th-19th and had a great time. The staff was very friendly. I stayed in a room with 2 queenbeds and a bunch of pillows which made my sleep fantastic (I LOVE pillows!!) There was a small fridge, microwave and a coffee pot with bags of coffee. Also the room was cleaned every morning and if the DO NOT DISTURB sign was on the door, room service would actually NOT knock, which was awesome and they would later return to clean after the sign was removed :) Thank you BW Aku Tiki staff for making my vacation, a great vacation and see you all next year!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank fannyperez
Wendy T, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Aku Tiki Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you visit again.
Wauseon, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My family stumbled across this hotel in the early 90's and returned there every year for several years. We had issues with inaccurate billing back then and still recently. The hotel is in need of upgrades. The rooms are very dated. It's nice that it's on the beach, but so are several others that are nicer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Micheal M
Wendy T, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Aku Tiki Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Please call me directly regarding your stay. Thank you!
Bob Hietala
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I had written a review earlier in the year about how much I liked this hotel and then I wrote that I couldn't get a room. WELL, that all changed when Lisa called me at home in May before my June vacation to let me know that they had plenty of rooms and booked me in right away. Someone in customer service had read my review and looked up my last years room to get my phone number at home and cared enough to call me to make sure I had a reservation. Thats what I call service! I just wanted to thank everyone again for showing my family a great time everything was excellent! See you next year!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank velda a
Wendy T, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Aku Tiki Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so glad that we were able to locate a room for you for your vacation. We appreciate your business and are glad that you were able to stay with us. We look forward to your return visit with us. Thanks again!