We've stayed at this hotel about six times now, at various times of the year. Each time we are not disappointed - the room is always kept clean, the breakfast buffet is always well stocked, and we always feel safe and comfortable. The rooms are fairly large, and even the basic rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave. (We've found the cheapest rates directly on the hotel's website rather than Expedia, etc.). We love this hotel enough to bring friends with us this time, and they also enjoyed it and are anxious to return.
There seems to be plenty of parking, both underground and ground level. The pool is kept clean, as is the hot tub. The breakfast buffet is standard - croissants, cereal, coffee, etc. - but is always plentiful. We don't usually make the cocktail hour that is served every night (it runs from 5:30-6:30 or so, which is when we are often at dinner) so I can't comment on that. Unlike some other hotels, the ocean view rooms have a pretty good view of the beach but obviously aren't a direct view like the ocean front ones.
There didn't seem to be anywhere to walk to for food or shopping, although some other reviewers have commented on nearby hotels with restaurants that they have visited. It is pretty easy to drive to restaurants in both directions, as well as shopping, movies, etc.
A word of caution for travelers with very young children - Daytona Beach allows cars on the beach and they don't seem to look out for beachgoers. It's not like crossing a highway to get from the beach to the water, but kids do have to be alert and not just run back and forth without looking. This hotel has a lifeguard station right by it, and a lot of deck chairs on the boardwalk overlooking the beach. You can also rent chairs and an umbrella from a vendor on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are the perfect location for your Daytona Beach vacation. Located directly on the ocean and built with our guests in mind, we offer all the amenities you need for a perfect beach getaway. All over sized rooms have fantastic ocean views, most include full kitchens. Great value rates always include daily deluxe continental breakfast, cocktail reception, newspaper and fresh-baked cookies. Wi-fi Internet access and parking are always free and we never charge Resort Fees. Families love our Oceanfront pool,Jacuzzi and sun deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Bahama House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama House Hotel Daytona Beach
- Bahama Hotel Daytona Beach
- Bahama Daytona Beach