Using the star rating system of most reputable travel publications, the Bahama House would be a solid 3-star hotel on an outstanding beach with a very friendly staff that makes your stay extremely pleasant without being intrusive. I rank it four stars at TripAdvisor in comparison to similar properties, but this rating should not make anyone believe that this is a 4-star hotel under a standard rating system. This is a boutique hotel, a bit aging, but a great value and probably better than many in this city. There are not many luxury hotels in Daytona and many properties are older than what you'd find in other Florida beach destinations.
The rooms are large and comfortable with balconies facing the ocean. The hotel is very clean, although they need to closely monitor and better control the unauthorized smoking by some guests. On our floor, there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke permeating the hallway the entire weekend, but the smell was not noticeable inside the room. Not upsetting to us, but may be bothersome to others.
The hotel management and staff do the little things that make you feel welcome, like offering a free happy hour every afternoon, cookies at the front desk, free continental breakfast and lots of smiles. And, what an ocean view from each and every room. It's simply fantastic.
When it comes to Florida travel, Daytona Beach does not rank as a top destination for nightlife, fine dining, shopping or cultural events. The city seems content with catering to race fans, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, except that it limits its economic potential as a travel destination when racing is not taking place. But, if you want to relax and enjoy the beach without breaking the bank, Daytona is a good place to visit. Unfortunately, the city leaders and the tourism board have done a poor job of attracting new investment and they don't seem to realize what a gold mine of a destination this place could be even when there is no racing.
Drive 7 to 8 miles north to Ormond Beach where the sand has a golden color and experience a different beach scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are the perfect location for your Daytona Beach vacation. Located directly on the ocean and built with our guests in mind, we offer all the amenities you need for a perfect beach getaway. All over sized rooms have fantastic ocean views, most include full kitchens. Great value rates always include daily deluxe continental breakfast, cocktail reception, newspaper and fresh-baked cookies. Wi-fi Internet access and parking are always free and we never charge Resort Fees. Families love our Oceanfront pool,Jacuzzi and sun deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Bahama House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama House Hotel Daytona Beach
- Bahama Hotel Daytona Beach
- Bahama Daytona Beach