“Great Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Delbarton, West Virginia
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

we originally had reservations at the laplaya, because we couldn't get a room here for our entire stay, but after a few bad nights at the laplaya we called the Acapulco where we always stay and they had rooms available for our remaining stay. so we left the laplaya and the lady at the desk took care of us really fast and let us check in our room as soon as we could get there since we had a bad few nights at the laplaya. the Acapulco is a real nice place to stay and very clean and the staff is real friendly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
631Associates631, General Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank your for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Ilyse Queen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Plant City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

even though we were on the side of the hotel still had a perfect view of the beach. the elevators were creepy so used the stairs. the hallway smelled of smoke but the room didn't. they had entertainment for kids and i loved the fact it was really close to the beach but not that close to the pier. but it didn't stop us from going! the lady at the front desk had bad service but the maids were really awesome. overall it was worth it:)!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
631Associates631, General Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always like to hear about our guest visits. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service to all of our guests and am disappointed to hear that you encountered someone that did not. We will continue to coach our team to ensure that all of our guests are treated excellent. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our view of the ocean was beautiful. However, the rugs are getting old and the place needs updated. It was not as nice as when we started here before. The manager was rude when we told her about a few problems with the room. All the other people working at the hotel were really nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed the great ocean views and your stay. Thank you for the valuable feedback as we are continuing to make updates to the property. We continue to work with our staff to make sure that they are providing excellent customer service to all of our guests. The Acapulco Resort hopes to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

To begin with, the area was incredibly amazing. The scenery was gorgeous; my wife and I truly enjoyed it. If you're one who looks for photo perfect places, this is one to behold. In addition, my children had a lot of fun during our stay. We stayed during Fourth of July weekend. Although it was busy, my family and I did not seem to mind the surroundings (that of which was how busy it was). It was not an issue. Also, the room was beautiful and had been cleansed to the fullest. Staff was friendly from the moment of check-in.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Edgewood, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel staff has been very friendly from the time we have arrived. The front desk has been helpful even letting us in our room earlier than check in time when we arrived. Beautiful view of the ocean. Last night they had a movie for the kids playing while the adults had drinks or enjoyed the hot tub. The building is an older building, but everything in the room is working. For the price, you aren't going to find a better deal. My only complaint is there are only 2 luggage carts in the whole building, a couple more would be helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for the a room on the left side (or north) of the building. The view seems to be better here.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent customer service and doing whatever they can to ensure our guests have a great time while they are here. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Lake City, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Haven't been to the Acapulco Hotel yet but my experience with my reservation did not start off well. Booked and paid thru Livingsocial for a Saturday-Wednesday stay. After I paid found out the Saturday night we booked for was not available and had to go with Sunday-Thursday. So I called the hotel as my voucher said to see what other Saturday-Wednesday dates were available. I spoke with Bianca who was rude and not helpful. Told me to go back to the web site to change my reservation and see what else was available. Which you cannot do with out paying again. So we decided to go with what we had. Then I found out the company I work for is being sold and all vacations were put on hold till August 1st. a situation I have no control over.So I called the hotel again and who do I get but Bianca . Once again she was rude and not helpful. She refers me back to Livingsocial. Call Livingsocial and speak with a customer service rep who refers me back to the hotel. Thankfully this time I get Brittany who was more than willing to help, understood my problem and changed the reservation. She did what Bianca said was impossible. I am still having to stay Sunday-Thursday even though I paid for Saturday-Wednesday but at least Brittany understood my plight offered a upgrade and was very professional, courteous and helpful. You need more like her. Bless you Brittany. This trip is for my grandson's 13th birthday and you made it happen. I will update my review after our trip.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I am disappointed to hear that your first interaction with us was not a positive one and truly apologize for that. We are working on making sure our team is properly trained on handling these special promotions. I am happy to hear that you were able to speak with another associate that was able to assist you. We look forward to hosting you on your vacation and making sure you have an excellent stay with us!

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

this was my first time in daytona i thought this hotel was a let down . at first site it looked like it needed some updateing done .i did like that it was on the beach .besides that not much made the grade with me i stay two day with a half ocean yew .it was hard to find a spot to park .and i will never stay there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the limited parking available. We take great pride in doing everything we can so our guests have a great experience. We hope that you will come back in the future and give us another opportunity to gain your business.