“Great Location and Value”

Acapulco Hotel & Resort
Ranked #67 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Pattaya, Thailand
“Great Location and Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We have stayed at the Acapulco multiple times over the years. This used to be a big hotel until all of the condos moved in, but still for the money it is a good deal and great quiet location. For all of those who complain about it, you are paying less than $100 night for on the ocean and yes it is not an Iberostar or Dreams, but it does the job. The pool is good, maid service was good / had my room cleaned by 11am every day and the breakfast is good (nice people working there and really friendly). I enjoy the area and on the beach there is a rental vendor and food vendor right near the hotel. I would stay again and had a great time there with no problems.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RichDA70
acapulco1, General Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for choosing the Acapulco. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please check us out on facebook or our website for special promotions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Georgetown, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

The hotel was great and we met alot of great people while on vacation. The only complaint I have is that my daughter got injured the first night we were there. The stones in front fall on her foot and sliced her toe wide open I should of got stitches in her toe but she didnt want to go to hospital but I got home Sunday night and her toe is horrible and has a doctor appointment today. I would just advise that the rocks,stones arent so loose where they fall on guest feet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear of your daughter's mishap. I will personally inspect with my engineer the rock/stone pavers in the front of our building to ensure their safety and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I greatly appreciate your patronage and we look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future. Please check us out on our website or facebook for special promotions.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel has a great location with direct access to the beach. The room was dark and small for two double beds. The two elevators are really slow and small for the luggage carts. The door to our room was misaligned; could not close completely unless you lifted the door. Because of that, we didn't feel safe. The bathroom was very small. The tub drain was clogged and management did not fix the problem after we complained. Breakfast food was OK; the gentlemen working the breakfast bar was great and friendly.

Room Tip: Farther from the elevators would be better. Make sure the room is ocean FRONT or VIEW.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We take our uest's comments to heart and we are currently working to upgrade the lighting in our guest rooms. Thank you for staying at the Acapulco Hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

Just returned from a great weekend at the Acapulco. We had 2 adjoining rooms with a kitchenette, very nicely decorated and clean, with a balcony and beach view. Morgan and Paul were wonderful and very welcoming. Paul also had us laughing throughout our stay. I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
South Haven, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We had a room on the 3rd floor so we were lucky enough to not have to use the elevator. The room had a full sized refrigarator, two burrner stove top,microwave, pots,pans,ect. Like a mini kitchen. The view was nice and the beach was wonderful. Also soaps shampoo were not the average crappy kind. The pool was unclean & full of sand, but it's right on the beach so thats kinda expected. The hot tubs were gross. A teen pulled the fire alarm at after 3am so I was bolted awake by a piercing siren. I grabbed up my two daughters & went flying down the stairs, as my husband helped two older women down the stairs. When I reached the lobby the front desk was screaming everything was OK (false alarm) but we went outside anyway because the alarm was still going off and it was Loud. Outside there where teens & staff laughing about the situation that I did not at all find the least bit funny. On a good note if there was a fire there the alarm could raise the dead. Oh, and wonderful sunrises.

Room Tip: Get a room on a lower floor to avoid the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank luvthesun33
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

I must say that I am highly disappointed by my stay at this place for my birthday weekend. We planned to stay in Daytona for two days at this place then drive to another part of Florida for the remaining vacation. We knew the hotel was cheap but it was like being stick in the twilight zone of the 1970's. This place needs immediate upgrades and is infested with bugs. You have to pay to park each night in the tiny parking lot although there may not be enough space available to park. Morgan the manager is horrible and lacks professionalism. I had a problem where the air conditioner leaked on all of my things and caused mildew. Morgan did not care and got smart with me when I asked for her supervisor. Let my photos speak for themselves, this place is terrible and not worth one penny.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
acapulco1, Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
I apologize if you felt my suggestions of solutions to your problem were unproffesional. I addressed your issue as soon as I was made aware of it and my superior also responded immediatly to resolve the matter, which to our knowledge satisfied you. Thank you for your comments as I am always looking for ways to improve. Have a wonderful day.

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

We had an ocean front room that was a bit small to be considered a suite, but it did have a kitchenette which was nice. The room was a bit outdated, but very clean. The beach was nice, not very crowded near the hotel. The pool was nice and the baby pool was clean, but the gates near the pools didn't lock so our little ones could run right in before us. Although the room was well kept, the grounds were not. There was trash under the steps by the pool and under the steps leading to the beach. The free breakfast that was included was well stocked although it had minimal options. The man in charge of that was very nice and would get anything that was missing for you.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again. My staff has already corrected the problem with the pool gate and is currently working on the underside of the stairways. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention. We hope to see you again.