“Pool and Tiki Bar are the only redeeming qualities.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawaiian Inn

Hawaiian Inn
Ranked #59 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Cudjoe Key, Florida
“Pool and Tiki Bar are the only redeeming qualities.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Good points: View from balcony was perfect. Pool was very nice and Tiki Bar was convenient and had good food. Location was good.
Bad points: Hallways stunk. Room was not what we were told we were going to get. We reserved a king suite with full kitchen/couch/etc. We got a standard hotel room with two queens and a small kitchenette that was completely unequipped to do anything. Not a single paper towel, coffee filter or soap to watch what minimal dishes we were provided. The fridge also ran intermittently throughout the night and was so loud it woke us from our sleep more than once. The towels were paper thin and scratchy to the touch. It was impossible to shower b/c the water went from scalding hot to iceberg cold about seven times during one shower without any warning. Also, we are in Florida can you put some REAL plants around the jacuzzi and not fake dusty crap. Disappointing for sure.

Room Tip: We were told they are all individually owned so finding one that suits your needs it a crapshoot sin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and will certainly relay your comments to management for improvement. However, we are glad that you enjoyed the view from your room and our tiki bar. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

our experience was absolutely horrible. we go there every year atleast twice and stay the weekend for the both or our birthdays. we always get the king suite ocean front. first of all the lady named brenda who I made the reservations with was in a very bad mood and ended up giving us a king studio when I asked for the king suite. throughout our telephone conversation I kept asking her are you sure my total amount I just paid for is the king suite. she insisted soI believed her. once we got to the hotel the front desk was very rude. we got to our room and realized it wasnt what I reserved. I called the fro desk and they said there was nothi they could do for us because they were full. I found out that the guy just didnt want to give us a new room even after I offered to pay more money so we could be more comfortable. the second day we were there I went down to the front desk and tried getting our visitors a wrist band so they could hangout with us. the older beer belly grey haired guy told me we could only have two guests not four. I was furious. they weren't staying the night. they were just visiting us for my birthday. that night the elevator wasnt working and our refrigerator was all rusty. this trip we took ruined our vacation and my birthday. we will never stay at the hawaiin inn again. mostly because the staff was so rude and inconsiderate. I am very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and so sorry that we failed to do so on your most recent visit. However, we appreciate your comments, and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to earn back your trust.

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Amesbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

for trips on a budget this is a good value. beautiful ocean view rooms. great pools and deck area. tiki bar. luau show in evenings which are a bit pricey. souvenir shop and cafe. direct access to beach and indoor pool as well. rooms arw spacious ours had a kitchenette. outdated equipment. bathroom terrible watet pressure. tile on floor uneven so table and chairs rock. beds suck no other way to put it. mattresses are so soft you cant get out of the damn bed. need new beds. updated unbroken furniture. not crazy about the wall to wall mirror behind the beds.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We certainly appreciate your comments and feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed our fabulous location, and hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Romeo, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel has a great location right on the ocean. The kids loved the heated indoor pool and the free mini golf right on site. However, our suite (408) was terrible. The carpets had several gross stains and sticky spots. The vents in the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen were rusty and there was a moldy spot of crumbling drywall behind the toilet near the shower. Housekeeping was not the best. They came everyday and replaced the towels and took the garbage but never vacuumed any further than the front door. We were there for five nights with four young kids and really needed the floor vacuumed around the table where we ate most of our meals. My son found a beer can and ping pong balls under the couch from the previous visitors. We were also only given one bar of soap for the six of us to use for the sink and the shower. It was never even replaced when it was crumbling. They say the kitchens are fully stocked, but we had to buy our own dish soap and cookie sheet to use in the kitchen and had to use the washcloths and towels from the bathroom to do the dishes. One of the convertible sofas was broken and the arm wouldn't stay up. When we were checking out around 5 am, the lady at the front desk was asleep and never even woke up as our family walked out the front door.

We were told by a long term resident of a condo on site that each room is owned by someone different so each and every room is different. The rooms are nothing like what you see on the website. We made the most of our vacation since it was prepaid, but I don't recommend this hotel to anyone and we will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We’re pleased to hear that your children loved our on-site amenities. However, we are sorry that our resort did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to pass along your review as we are always looking to make future improvements. Thanks again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stay here most of our trips to Daytona. We like the fact that is has an indoor and outdoor pool. We also like that it is located on the part of the beach you can drive on. The pool bar is nice but it does not stay open long enough. We have never done the dinner show so I can't say anything about that. They have been remodeling which it's making it look so much better but there is still some improvements that could be made to the inside of the rooms. In the peek season the pool area can get a little roudy but all and all a pretty good place to stay. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank JLT5969
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, once again. We’re glad you could take advantage of our onsite amenities as well as our easy access to the beach. You’ll have to join us for the dinner show next time! You’ll love it. Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to see you soon
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

After doing a lot of research on hotels in Daytona Beach I decided to book this one. We were skeptical because we read some bad reviews before we left but continued on with an 18 hour drive. Upon arriving at the hotel, were were 4 hours early for check in. They had our room ready within 1/2 hour of arriving. We were so surprised!!! The room was 340...King Bedroom with a separate area and a full kitchen! We can't say enough good things! It's not a 5 star but the service is!!! Any issues that we had were resolved quickly and without incident! We will definitely book this hotel again! The staff is friendly and the hotel is great!

Room Tip: Room 340 was fabulous!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing. We are pleased that you enjoyed your Easter vacation with us! We are delighted that you enjoyed your room and our accommodating team members. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Out stay at Hawaiian Inn was bittersweet. My husband, sister and brother-in-law and I had gone to Miami Heat game and we bought some souvenirs. When we arrived in Daytona I took the bag of souvenirs in our room for safekeeping. We stayed in room 103. My sister and her husband stayed in 104.

When we checked out, I was packing our things and I noticed my bag of souvenirs was missing. I checked the room thoroughly and my husband checked our vehicle. We never found them. I went to the front desk to report it. They took me in a room to talk to the manager. When I told him what had happened he more or less insisted that we left our door open at some point and tried to make it sound like it was my fault. He told me that if housekeeping thought it was garbage when they cleaned the room and threw the bag away then housekeeping was not guilty of anything. The souvenirs were in a new Miami Heat bag with two basketballs, a t-shirt, and two foam fingers sticking out the top of the bag. The manager said that didn’t matter, they still could have thought it was garbage.

He was very unreasonable and only wanted to resolve the problem by blaming me. He told me I could file a police report. I told him I would like to do so. The police came and he, my husband and I went to our room, room 103. While my husband and I were filling out the report the policeman left the room for about five minutes. When he returned he told us he wanted to check out the surveillance cameras but the motel didn’t have surveillance on rooms 101 through 105. I know I will never get my souvenirs back. Just please, if anyone is considering staying at Hawaiian Inn, don’t stay in room 101-105. If you have anything taken from your room it will definitely be your fault according to the manager.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Garry E
Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Your feedback is appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for further review.