“Love this hotel and the staff are excellent!”

La Playa Resorts & Suites
Ranked #56 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have been coming to the LaPlaya for many years and absolutely love it! The staff is excellent and very caring especially at the tiki bar where Crissy, Mary, Kyle the DJ, Dane and of course Joe, make sure we are happy! I hated to leave after our 2 week stay...they are like family! This year we brought our friends who absolutely loved their experience there and will be back next year. I have never seen a bug, the rooms are clean, and the staff is great! We had new carpet in our room and they are continually doing upgrades. We could stay at a more expensive hotel, but we live the LaPlaya!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are the best.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Let me begin by saying the pictures of this so called resort are EXTREMELY deceiving. It looks like a great beavh front hotel in pictures. In reality this is not a place to being a family and as a single woman felt wvwn more uncomfortable and unsafe. I checked in and checked right back out. The set up is like a motel where each room has an external door. Paint chipping everywhere in the external corridors and very dirty. The people staying at this place seemed "shaddy" with questionable intentions. If I had to describe it in a few sentence I would tell you to imagine a scene from a movie about drugs and hookers. They could use this hotel. The only thing missing would be hypodermic needles in the stairwells and pushers at each entrance. Scary and dirty. Couldnt even get our sliding glass door to latch shut and the door into our room didnt shut without extreme force. Our so called ocean view room was on the side of the hotel over looking a construction site for a hotel renovations next door. If you dare go out on the balcony and lean way over and look toward the ocean you see a small glimpse. DO NOT RISK YOUR SAFETY IT IS NOT WORTH IT!! I checked my family out and secured a room at the Plaza down the street for $120. Beautiful there and a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank DMS1970
Reviewed July 10, 2014

First the good - friendly staff & many local amenities
Then the bad - what we were led to believe & paid for an ocean front room, was actually a construction front room with jackhammers & dump trucks beginning promptly at 7:00 a.m., the paint in the room was peeling, carpet was musty, door to room and bathroom would not open or close without extreme force (our 6 & 10 year old were not able to open the doors themselves), tiny fridge was rusty, deck chairs outside had scary brown stains
The ugly - army of ants & one lone roach! eww! Motel seems to attract many rowdy guests who are up all night with questionable intentions as there were remains of another type of roach left near where my children were playing in the pool.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank JasonNTeri
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The name "Resort" is extremely deceiving as are the photos online. I would not recommend this "motel" to anyone. The walls in the room look like they haven't been painted in 20 years - the door would barely open and close, and the very first thing I see when I walk into the room is a roach. Not a palmetto but - but an actual roach. The towels feel like a brillow pad - the pillows are hard as a rock and the clientel yelling in the corridors will definitely keep you up all night. You have to sleep with the TV on and the AC on full blast. I was actually concerned for the families with small children that were checking in. NEVER AGAIN

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
2  Thank Travelinfool5
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This resort is in definite need of attention. The picture used for advertising was likely taken at least 20 years ago. In our room, the ceiling tile grids were rusty, the table leg ready to break, the cabinet doors only shut when both were closed at the same time, extremely low water pressure to shower or flush with, and was rather dirty overall. There were garbage bags of trash by the ice machine. Yuck. Parking was also limited. If their lots were full, people had to park on the streets or in the adjoining construction lot. I realize it was the weekend of July 4th and the Nascar races, but this "resort" was certainly not worth the $200 per night we were charged. We didn't use the tiki bar, restaurant, or pools, so I can't comment on them. Definitely needs updates!

2  Thank sharricky
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the La Playa this past week on the first floor. My 82 year old mother was sleeping and she said she woke up and someone was in her room. She had a stroke about three months ago which affected her vision. She said the person had a dark shirt on with light colored pants. The cleaning staff wears dark shirts and tan pants. She noticed her purse was thrown on the floor between the night stand and the bed . Her wallet was missing . I have been spending the last three months collecting information so that my mother could get some help paying her medical bills and now everything is gone and I have. To get it all over again thanks to a thief. So this is fair warning. Don't let the cleaning staff out of your sight. My grand daughters pouch with all her money also went missing. We had reason to believe she may have just lost her pouch because she had been shopping but then after the incident with my mother's wallet , we now believe it was stolen too.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Wanda P
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and 2 young children stayed here for 6 days last week, 6/22/14-6/28/14. Upon entering the room, it was clean with cute towels shaped into doves situated on the beds, akin to what they do on cruise ships. We upgraded to an ocean front room with no problems. We had a relaxing time! The resort was actively renovating on the side of the bldg but it was non-intrusive. Go and ENJOY! We sure did!
Lastly, the staff were professional. No complaints!

• Stayed: June 2014