“Fun place to relax!”

Ranked #80 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Dunedin, Florida
“Fun place to relax!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel two times so far. This hotel is a bit old but most hotels in Daytona are older and need of an update. Having said that, I have been extremely happy with both my stays, upon check in our room wasn’t ready but the lady at the front desk took my phone number and said they would call me when my room was ready which I thought was great since I didn’t have to worry about checking back with them, they gave us our parking and pool pass and we went to the pool. They have a nice Tiki bar by the pool which I think the bar tender said they were going to remodel at the end of September. There is a DJ by the pool that will play music well into the night. The rooms are a pretty good size and clean. The staff has always been very accommodating. Overall we will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quite night I would recommend a room not facing the pool since you can hear...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the worst place I've ever stayed in. I booked it online after looking at the deceiving pictures and amenities. I booked the ocean view room with the hope that my room would have the ocean view as the title said only to find out that i have to pay extra $11.25 for "ocean front". They have deceiving verbage and dont clearly state the actual location of the room. They also asked for extra parking and locker deposit which i believe no hotel in daytona does (at least the other ones i went to after checking out next day immediately). Room doors and windows were that of a deserted barn. It needed two people to push the door hard to close/open it. Our AC/heater wasnt working so i called and technician showed up after 30 mins and changed the heater coil and turned on the heating only to diffuse smell of rotten rodents in our room. It seemed nobody had stayed at that hotel for last 100 years because when i ran the bathtub tap i could see the black muddy water for first few seconds. Staff was RUDE!!! We requested to checkout at 12pm since we checked in very late (11pm previous night) and were tired, normally any hotel would entertain this request EXCEPT this one. STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY!!!! The walkway looks like a dungeon and i felt very unsafe at this place! If you're on budget goto other cheap places like Rodeway Inn or something where they dont lie and arent rude.

Room Tip: No good rooms in this dungeon!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Abe M

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We met another couple at Daytona beach, and they booked this hotel by a mistake. The day we checked in, I already felt sick. There was strange smell when I walked into the room. The carpet was dirty, the bed was small and uncomfortable. I couldn't sleep the whole night that I felt bugs all over me. I totally agreed all bad reviews here, this place need to be condemned. We checked out after two nights which we booked for a week. This is the lowest hotel I've ever stay at, even Days Inn better than this one. This is not the place you are looking for when you on vacation even you are on a budget. You can find more clean and cheap place around!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lovesunshinepei
Orange Lake, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

we looked forward to coming here for some r n r my wife and i, but the swimming pools, hot tubs and jacuzzi that was promised were ALL closed, as was the on site restaurant for the room service we were going to experience for the first time. i was also appalled that they charged me 5 dollars a night to park in the parking lot that was empty to begin with. the room was very clean and nice and we were comfortable but the rest was disapointing....i will NOT go back there!! oh yeah..there was one pool open, the outside pool and it was 55 degrees out!

Room Tip: ask LOTS of questions and dont pay till you check it out
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Derek R
GeneralManager36, General Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for staying with us back in Nov'12. During that time, our swimming pool was open. At that current time, we did not advertise whirl pools nor hot tubs. We recently installed two (2) brand new hot tubs back in January. I would like to know how you booked your room. Our content on all booking sites is up to date with correct info. Our restaurant does have hours of operation and we do not do Room Service. Our hotel policies and amenities are clearly stated in the content; daily parking fee. We will be going through some upgrades in the next couple of months... Lets get you back to the hotel and see if we can get your initial thoughts of the property changed.

GM
Mulliken, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

we go every year in Oct for my friends birthday and have a great time! the staff are very friendly and I would like to thank Kara,Eli& Kyle for making us feel like we are part of the family. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManager36, General Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great comments! I will be sure to share with the bar staff.
See you again this October.
Portland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Each year for my birthday I (and a couple of friends) choose to leave the cooling temperatures of Michigan and head for LaPlaya in Daytona beach. We always have a great time. We meet new, and interesting people, and we always look forward to seeing people we met previously, like the staff members. They always make our stay enjoyable. Thanks to Kara, Eli, Kyle, Christie, Mary, Richie and all at the front desk and housekeeping for making our stay the best. Hope to see you all next year.

Room Tip: The corner 2 room suites with a kitchen are great for a longer stay and at a great price.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Pam,

Thanks for your comments. We love to hear from repeat guests. It is always great when you can meet new people during your stay and to see the same great staff members year after year. I will be sure to let the bar staff of your post. See you again next year.

Dan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel looks like it was built in 1920. The parking fee and safe fee was ridiculous. The rooms look like old prison cells. The doors are broke and look like they have been broken into. The tiles were black and dirty. The ice machines were even broke on the third floor. They tell you about amenities that are not available to you....tiki bar, indoor pool, etc...They were slow to bring clean towels. The carpet is dirty and starting to roll up. The rails on the balcony, Oceanview, look like you are going to go over and lose your life if you grab the rail. Just a terrible hotel. They seem to paint over everything and the paint job is terrible, cracks everywhere, mold and mildew everywhere. Just blow the building up. I paid a pretty penny for this room and I literally feel like I paid to stay in a shelter. Please stay away from this spot. Don't pay for something to get nothing, lesson learned.

• Stayed October 2012
8 Thank trisriffic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Daytona Beach Resort and Confere...
#20 of 103 in Daytona Beach
Atlantic Cove
Atlantic Cove
#19 of 28 in Ormond Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach ...
#11 of 103 in Daytona Beach
Grand Seas Resort
Grand Seas Resort
#52 of 103 in Daytona Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,208 reviews

Been to La Playa Resorts & Suites? Share your experiences!