First of all we booked this hotel for a Valentines and Anniversary trip during speed week, then saw the reviews and were a little worried about the hotel. We were pleasently surprised with our room when we arrived, it was clean, comfortable, and what a view. Yes it is an older hotel but other than the door being hard to close and the noise from the garbage truck at 8 am we had no problems. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable, and we didnt see any bugs at all during our 4 day stay. We spent a lot of time on the balcony and had no issues with the club next door, matter of fact we had to play our own music because we didnt hear theirs. All the personnel we dealt with were professional and nice. So if you want 5 star go up the street and pay 3 times as much. (we do travel alot and have many hotels to compare it too, it is an average Beach hotel). Parking was a negative issue, where there was plenty of spaces they do charge a daily parking fee of $5.00.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 2 blocks from Main Street Pier and walking distance to Ocean Center, Peabody Auditorium, Boardwalk, Daytona Lagoon and various other restaurants and attractions. Private balconies with beautiful ocean views. Oceanfront pool deck w/ seasonal Tiki Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mayan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Hotel Daytona Beach
- Best Western Daytona Beach