A friend and I (both 25 year old female college students) recently visited Mayan Inn this past weekend and I strongly recommend staying at another property. When we first walked in, I had to kill 2 bugs inside the room. On top of that, the sheets had stains, the carpets had stains, the bathtub didn't look like it had been cleaned in years. Our TV didn't work and when we called the front desk about this problem, we were told "well, its late so maybe call back tomorrow and we will see what we can do". It was around 10:30p.m. Our toilet wouldn't flush properly and when I called the front desk about that, we were told "just hold the handle longer and it should work", which this did not work and nobody ever came up to fix this problem. The "continental breakfast" included individual cereal bowls, a gallon of milk and stale bread. We tried to spend the day at the pool and found it was full of unsupervised kids (about 20-30), also one of these kids pooped on the pool deck. When we informed the front desk about this, the maintenance guy came out with a garden hose and squirted it away. No cleaner or bleach was ever applied to the pool deck. We were just trying to have a relaxing get away for a reasonable price but next time we will be spending the extra money to stay at the Hilton next door. It was only about $60 more and clearly would have been worth the extra money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 2 blocks from Main Street Pier and walking distance to Ocean Center, Peabody Auditorium, Boardwalk, Daytona Lagoon and various other restaurants and attractions. Private balconies with beautiful ocean views. Oceanfront pool deck w/ seasonal Tiki Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Mayan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Hotel Daytona Beach
- Best Western Daytona Beach