Mayan Inn
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$107
$137
$119
  • Beachfront
Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
Plaza Resort & Spa(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$120
$103
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$146
$99
  • Pool
Best Western International Speedway Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$79
$67
BestWestern.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
$108
Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
All reviewsan older hotelwould stay againfree breakfastprivate balconysunrise
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at the expensive hotel last year. Paid a fortune to be by the boardwalk. This year we flew into Orlando. Two one way tickets for my wife and I was $110 each way from Indy. Rented a car onsite with Thrifty for $197 for 7 days. Drove to Daytona (About an hour). Stayed on the south side of the pier at the Mayan inn for $420 for 5 nights. Just showered and slept there. On the beach all day. Walked to Joes Crab Shack for supper. Ate at Aunt Catfish and Carribean Jacks in Daytona. We also went to the Harbor Inlet and then Down the hatch in Ponce Inlet. Loved all of them. Then we rented a motel for $65 at the Baymont in Kissimmee right by the Florida Mall. We stayed and ate at the mall. It's huge and has everything. Very close to the airport. I saved about $1,400 dollars from last year and had more fun and got to see everything we wanted to this time. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view room. The oceanfront rooms are more. Who stays in their motel? Has the ocean club next door. Music didn't bother us and my wife and I had one drink there and enjoyed the atmosphere. Has a good lunch menu. Mostly ate on the beach though.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1hoosier
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the worst motel to stay and a rip off. The cleaning lady stole our camera out of our room, and when confronted about it, she said why would she take that little camera when she could have taken my brother's bigger camera in the room next door admitting that she's gone through our stuff. They told us they have problems with pizza delivery guys breaking into rooms. They broke into my daughter's room and ransacked it and stole money. Also, I booked this room direct through the website. They quoted me a price of $80.00 per night not including tax, but charged me $95.00-$105.00 before tax. So that was a rip off. They have safes in the room. I strongly encourage everyone to use them. Our safe kept freezing up. This is the first motel I've ever had to use the safe in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie C
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Julie, we appreciate your business as I know you were here for a wedding and had multiple rooms. I was involved in the situation that occurred along with our security staff and I know that your camera was found and a gentleman came down and appologized for the misunderstanding. I understand the housekeeper involved was upset having been accused of such a thing and was surely defensive when approached. If she did make a comment like that I can agree it was inappropriate and unnecessary and I do apologize for that. At the same time your camera was found and it infact was not her that took it. Guest safety is always a priority, which is why we installed cameras, added a 3rd party security company for additional coverage, and always recommend to every guest to use the inroom safe to store their valuables. I am sorry for the confusion regarding your rate, your reservation comes to use through an automated system and the rate was predetermined at the time of booking, we do not modify them in any way. Thank you again for leaving your comment and for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I frequent Daytona Beach often. The Mayan Inn is the best bang for your buck in the area. The staff is really awesome to deal with including Rachelle at the front desk. The rooms are kept up and the location of the hotel is great. The Tiki Bar out back is really good with some of the best drink specials in all of Daytona Beach. I'm a big race fan and would choose no other place to stay in Daytona Beach besides the Mayan Inn.

J- Ocala

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you 99jake for your business and your kind words. We most definitely appreciate your decision to be so loyal to our hotel and our team of excellent people. Rachelle is wonderful and I am so glad to hear she has made your experience commendable. Come back soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here Friday and Sat. night, I think it's kind of a "you get what you pay for" kinda place. But, in daylight hours we noticed a large part of the support structure of the building is missing, and the foundation is held up by metal poles and jack stands. It just doesn't seem right. Is this place about to fall into the ocean? We chose this place due to pricing when we researched hotels a couple of months ago. At the time it seemed like a good deal relative to nicer properties nearby (Hilton, Wyndham) but oddly enough using Trip Advisor, I noticed these nicer properties were completely competitive in price when you are flexible and don't make your reservations months in advance. Go figure, could've stayed in a luxury resort for the same price, low $100's per night. So, lesson learned, booking online and early is not the best deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are preparing to start some exterior concrete restoration, which the jack stands are a part of. In order to make the needed improvements to the pillars which support that area of the building we must place these to relieve the pressure which rests on them. This area is normally one which you could drive under the building and park in the small parking lot behind the area by the beach. There is nothing missing, we have just added the stands as we prepare to begin restoration. This is a process that includes engineering and inspections to ensure that what we are doing does not jeopardize the safety of our guests and the integrity of the structure. While it is not visually appealing and does not help our parking dilemma by forcing us to lose 12 parking spots, it is necessary for the future success of the Mayan Inn. I hope this helps in offering a better understanding of the circumstance. Thank you

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is an older property, but don't let that scare you away. The service is excellent! The front desk staff was exceptional when we checked in, and just now Phil helped us book a return visit. Housekeeping is friendly and efficient! This is an older hotel, but clean and the service is what you would expect at a 5 star!

Room Tip: South side fronts a popular restaurant/bar with live music that you can enjoy from your balcony, but was not loud enough to keep us up when we decided to turn in!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review and for your recent stay with us. You are correct that our building is older, but we take pride in our ability to focus on a positive experience through excellent customer service. I am very happy to see that you found our team members friendly and efficient. Your comments mean a lot to us, thank you. I hope you are able to return again soon.