“DONT BOTHER”
Review of Mayan Inn

Mayan Inn
Ranked #53 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The desk clerk keeps you talking while you check in and sticks you with an $8 hotel fee. Ask him about it and he just says its the tax. Once you discover it, too late. Rooms are tired, cheaply refurbished. Like putting perfume on a pig. Has a musky odor.
The "continental breakfast " was a joke, coffee that didnt even resemble what coffee is supposed to taste like. No milk or cream even. so forget the cereal. Juice was missing. The toast was warmed up bread.
Sooooooooooo to sum it all up................RUN. Dont look back..My first clue should have been when they ask you to wear an ID bracelet for security???? WTF

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. Our daily $8 fee is not something we ever try to hide, it is actually mentioned on the registration card you sign upon checking in. It covers parking, wifi, breakfast, in room safe useage and phone calls from the room. I will be sure to go over with the front desk the importance of mentioning all fees appropriately at check in so that there is no confusion in the future, thank you for bringing that to my attention. Our breakfast is restocked frequently and I have not been made aware of anytime recently when an item was completely absent from the options. We have 4 flavors of juice offered and again, all 4 flavors are instock and have been. The toast you place in the toaster yourself and can make it as crisp or light as you choose. With the transient nature of Daytona Beach, we have begun utilizing wrist bands as a way to assist our staff and security in recognizing any person that may not be a guest of ours. This is something new that was recently implemented and is still in its beginning stages. We certainly do not expect you to wear it through out your entire stay, and even suggest to make it loose enough so you may remove it when not utilizing the common areas of the hotel like the lounge, breakfast area and pool deck. I am sorry that you felt this to be an inconvenience. I appreciate your comments and will certainly look into the areas you mentioned to ensure that any issues are addressed in a timely manner.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

The Mayan Inn Daytona leaves a lot to be desired. From the desk clerk who, even after pronouncing my last name for him 4 times still couldn't get it right, to the continental breakfast that didn't have milk for cereal or cream for my coffee, we had to look for reasons to stay. The tiki bartender was very knowledgeable and entertaining. The Ocean Deck bar and restaurant next door was a BIG PLUS! Our rooms were simply mediocre. The elevator which was one of the slowest and unsafe feeling I have EVER BEEN ON smelled like someone had gotten sick on it only moments ago. I called down to the front desk for a restaurant referral and the answer I received was quite scary. The woman working the desk replied "I understand Burger King make a good sandwich". REALLY??? BURGER KING??? If I had not payed for our reservation in advance I most certainly would have left and not looked back! Thankfully, with plenty of alcoholic lubrication we lasted until checkout the following day. The Mayan Inn may have been a wonderful place to stay when it originally opened WAY BACK WHEN, but it is no longer a desirable local. The staff in general were quite uncaring. Not only did it seem as though their job did not matter, it appeared as though the guests did not either. If you are still wondering how we feel about the Mayan Inn, lets hope that when the Mayan calendar runs out, the Mayan inn is the FIRST THING TO GO!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I drove down to Daytona Beach all night from Greenville South Carolina enroute to Orlando, Fla. When the sun came up the next morning and still no sleep, I took an exit towards Ormond beach in hopes of finding a place to eat and stay overnight. Turned south A1A towards Daytona Beach and worn out from the trip. Stopped at a couple of hotels that looked inviting. After inquiring about the room rates we continued our journey up and down the A1A strip until we happened to look off toward the ocean and saw the Myan Inn. I probably looked like the "Walking Dead" at this point, I am sure that I felt like it. The staff was real friendly and the price was better than expected. I got the Military discount rate and with an ocean view...Life is Good ! I had stayed at hotels around the world and this one is one of my favorites on my list. We arrived early so we had to wait for a room which was fine with us. We wanted something to eat anyway. The staff directed us to the bar and grill next door "Ocean Deck". We were within walking distance from the boardwalk and Capt Joe's seafood restaurant, which BTW is on the pier. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and quite. We will make reservations the next time bc We will be back.

Room Tip: Get the Ocean view..It is well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us and for leaving such a lovely review. We certainly appreciate you sharing your positive experience with others, as so many people go to past reviews to get an idea of where to stay. I am sorry that we were not able to get you into your room early, but am glad you found our neighbor's establishment and were able to have a nice lunch while you waited. We are in one of the best locations in Daytona Beach, with so much near by that you can easily walk to. I am also glad to see you were able to take advantage of our great military discount and want to thank you for your service to our country. I hope you are able to make it back to see us soon, thanks again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had read so many negative reviews on here about this hotel and was a little worried about staying there. We booked a cheap last minute air/hotel package through Allegiant Air. We arrived early in the day on Thu and checked in with no problems to find we had been upgraded to a king ocean front room. The lobby area was bright, and clean the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was on the 6th floor with a balcony and beautiful view of the beach and water. It had a king bed, flat screen Tv, pull out couch, mini fridge, and microwave. The bathroom had a shower/tub and toilet in a very small room. The small sink area was separate. It was also very clean and the cleaning staff does an excellent job. The hotel is a bit dated but the room was nice and certainly worth the great price we got. Also the location is great and close to the boardwalk, lots of good restaurants, and the Ocean Deck next door. The elevators are dirty, and they are very slow. The lounge is nice and was a great place to hang out and watch the college football games and meet other guests. The bartender was great. For the price, the location, and the great service we would stay at the Mayan Inn again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MaryBeth40
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I went to Daytona Beach on Oct.26th thru the 28th and stayed at the Mayan Inn. I went for the Richard Petty ride-along. We have stayed there 4 times and were very pleased. The staff are friendly and very helpful, and we liked the rooms we stayed in. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants to get away.Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We enjoyed each room. The last 2 times we stayed on the 8th floor. It was a side view, but you can s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The staff is amazingly sweet. Don't be discouraged by bad reviews. You most definitely get what you pay for. They bumped us up to Ocean view no charge. We left a Hilton hotel to stay here and didn't regret it for one second.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hislitlprincess
Reviewed October 25, 2012

stayed in this hotel 3 different occassions and when i was going again this year I almost blew the whole vacation by reading some aweful reviews that this hotel does not deserve. Just returned from 4 days it was as clean and comfortable as always. The service aone the pool great and the room as clean and roomy as always. The price is great and so is the location. Please if you need a great place with great service this is it. One note: breakfast could use some up grading.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo