“Terrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Mayan Inn
Ranked #78 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I rented it was called ocean front efficiency. Well to start off their was only one front desk person we had to wait to check in for like 1hour..the room was next to where they drop the trash so the smell was horrible.the other thing when I went to the room the room service didn't provide shampoo,toothpaste I had to keep calling the front desk.also when we went to the pool we had to wait for someone to come out so they can provide us with towels they didn't have any outside it was a group of 5 of us and they only gave us 2 towels..I was mad!!another thing the noise at night from the ocean deck was so loud we couldn't even sleep...the kitchen deffinetly was outdated didn't want to cook their and they only provided one pack of coffee.. I would definetly not stay their again...

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank terrido21
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Let me start by thanking you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. I am sorry that your experience was unacceptable and we always appreciate any and all feed back, good and bad, as we work toward improving quality standards in all areas of our hotel. I am sorry that you received a room by the trash chute, unfortunately every floor has one and has a room that is right next to it. I can understand how that may be displeasing to whom ever receives one of those rooms. Unfortunately that is the way the building was designed and there is no way for us to change it. If you checked in on a Friday or Saturday then I can see how check in could take a little longer than usual as they are very busy days for us. We do typically have 2 people on during these times, it is possible that the second person was assisting in some other way, phone calls or other guest related circumstances. Towels for the pool are located at the front desk, we do not keep them outside, and we would always provide as many as you request. I apologize again for your inconveniences and as always we appreciate your time in filling out a review so we may continue to improve the areas which matter most to our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Grovetown, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

To begin with the front desk staff is very nice but....the hotel is old and could really use some fixing up...It's on the beach but don't let oceanview fool you...Our view was of the Ocean Deck restaurant and to see ocean you had to lean across the balcony. At check in although we had paid for our stay in full and in the description of the hotel it stated free continental breakfast,free wi-fi, in-room safe and free parking well it wasn't they charge you an additional 8.00 per day for what they call incidentals. The rooms are ok for a few night stay but again could use some work. Our bathtub was alittle scary because it caved in alittle when you stepped in. Also the water pressure was very low. Had a little Tiki bar that was priced reasonable and Barbara,older lady, is nice and friendly. They also do not have anyone manning the parking lot so good luck in the evening finding a spot because everyone going to the Ocean Deck restaurant thats all the parking. The day after we checked in a housekeeper was caught stealing. Like I said mixed feelings because for the price and being right on the beach and the staff being nice it's hard to give a bad rating. Would I stay here again probably not if I could find something else but if I had to I would not take my kids here.

Room Tip: Make sure it says oceanfront
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cindy p
, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to write a review. Our housekeeper was not caught stealing, I am sorry if you were misinformed. Our guests safety and security is very important to us, which is why we provide safes in every room for guest usage and we have security on property 8-14 hours every day. It happens at times that a guest chooses not to use the safe and leaves their room without ensuring that their door is secure. This opens the opportunity for anyone passing by to enter their room. We do our best to decrease the chances of this happening, by having our staff walk the hallways and check for open doors and inform people of the risks involved with not securing their room. We try very hard to be proactive, but things of this nature could still happen at any hotel. You are correct that Ocean View is not Ocean front and I am sorry that you must have received a lower floor which made viewing the ocean more difficult. The higher your room is the better the view. I hope that you give us another chance to improve your experience. Thank you again for leaving a review and letting us know of areas that we may need to improve upon in the future.
New Bern, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Dirty, run down beach hotel.from lobby to elevators to rooms...all in disrepair n needing a makeover...badly. This isnt one id visit again at all.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I am so sorry you found our accomodations less than satisfactory. There are areas of the hotel that do need to be renovated but cleanliness is always something we focus on. I will certainly take your review to heart and find out what areas we fell short on during your time with us to ensure we do not fall short again. Even negative reviews are helpful since it allows to know what areas or projects we need to focus on. We appreciate your business and hope that you will change your mind and give us another chance to improve your experience. Please call us back and ask for me and I will assist you in a return guest booking so we can try to do a better job for you. Thank you again for staying with us and helping us to do better.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

A gf and i stayed here a week and not knowing what this hotel was about decided to book tt as it was a great deal on expedia..
Will have to tell you it a perfect spot ! You are right next door to the ocean club with great music.
Now if u dont like any noise at all then maybe not your place but the music coming from ocean club wasnt a big deal t uss i mean u r on vocation nothing wrong with music :) and food right on the beach where its a party every night!
There is a store next door open 24 hrs hours if u need something,
There is a bar also few feet away from this hotel called tailgators where they have music and food also. and is next to a pier
The staff at this hotel was extremely kind !! And front desk who please forgive me for not remembering her name but she was originally from PA was so helpfull and so good at her job of making us feel welcomed and to accomadate anything we needed help on.
The rooms r not a 4 or 5 star but it was clean with fridges and microwave!
There is a new huge place to eat that was to be done in May 2012 out on the pier that lights up at night and i heard its going to be fabulous and its just few feet away so there are so many options while staying at this hotel!!
They have a bar inside this hotel and outside on the deck area and they do offer continental breakfast!

Room Tip: take one closer to front of building as th band next door plays towards back of hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sonyacm
, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to see that our staff was able to make your stay more enjoyable. We try very hard to assist every one with their needs and do our very best to make sure every one leaves happy. We have one of the best locations in town and there is always something to do just steps away from the hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and hope you are able to come and stay with us again soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had a good visit. Was a good hotel and will stay there again. Only issue was small elevators made it hard during the weekend to get down stairs when people was checking out.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
I am so appreciative for your review, and happy to know you will be returning. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you for the taking the time to write a review, your time and business is appreciated by everyone here at the Mayan Inn.
Monroe, Ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at the Mayan Inn June 26-30 and had a great time, the motel was clean, everyone was friendly from check in/out to cleaning. We did have to ask for a frying pan and pot for the kitchen but they had this in the there by the time we got back to our rooms. We have found a new tradition! Will be back next year!!

Room Tip: If you don't care for the music from the Ocean Deck ask for rooms on the North side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience with us. We appreciate your positive feed back and I am so happy to hear you will be making a return visit. We have so many regular customers and I am glad that you will join them as part of our extended family. We enjoy seeing familiar faces and love the friendships we have built with people from accross the states. Thank you again for your time and positive review, it means so much to us here as we continue to work hard to improve our level of customer service and guest experience. See you again soon!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was worried about booking this hotel because of the negative reviews but I'm so glad I chose this hotel. I booked a room for 5 nights at a very reasonable rate and my mother did also. We booked separately and when we got there, they offered us connecting rooms. We were in ocean view rooms with balconies and I think the ocean view is just as good as ocean front at this hotel. The rooms are big and clean and the staff made our stay even better. They are so friendly and our housekeeping man was so helpful and friendly. He cleaned our room very well and always provided us with plenty of towels. Our towel rack broke off the wall and they fixed it within 5 minutes of us reporting it.I LOVED this hotel and we plan to make the Mayan Inn a yearly tradition for our family. Anyone giving bad reviews must be paid by other hotels. The only complaint my husband had was the slow elevators, but I didn't mind them. We were on 7th floor and I never had to wait more than 3 or so minutes for one.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
I am so happy to hear that you will be joining the many travelers that call the Mayan Inn home when they come to Daytona Beach. Thank you so much for your kind words and I will be sure to share your praises with the housekeeper that took care of you during your stay. They work very hard and always love when they are mentioned by guests who appreciated their hard work. Yes it is unfortunate that we have some not so favorable reviews, but we use those to help us improve the areas people found unsatisfactory. Far too many people leave having enjoyed their stay but decide not to share their experience or are not aware how to. We are so happy and thankful that you chose to share yours with others looking to spend their vacation with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you and your family next time you visit Daytona.