“My experience at the Dream Inn Daytona Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Inn

Dream Inn
Ranked #40 of 104 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Margate, Florida
“My experience at the Dream Inn Daytona Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I visited for one day and was very pleased being right on the beach. I liked the grounds in between the hotel and the beach as it had an area to sit or lounge on a hill above the pool. My room and the hotel itself was nice, but a little dated. I did have a good, restful night. Jody, who manned the front desk, was pleasant and helpful also informing me of a discount at three areas eatery's, which I took advantage of. Yes, I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa B
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, Lisa. Giving our guests a peaceful place to stay while enjoying the charms of Daytona Beach is our mission, and it sounds like we did just that. I'm glad you were able to out that restaurant discount tip to good use, too. If you're ever back in the area, I hope we'll have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Best wishes,

Jody Kinberger, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Okay....first thing first. The photos on the site are like 20 years old. The outside is ok. Lots of construction next door. The staff(one guy) is not friendly at all. He couldn't even help us figure out what we should do as we were tourists. The king size room we stayed in was terrible. Mold all in the bathroom! If u want to take a shower too bad! The drains clogged so you get a bath as well. Water was not clear ...it was like a milky yellow. Smelled like sewer water. And I felt more dirty after I showered. Bed sheets were damp so we woke up damp. Very dirty feeling. No one came to clean our room,offer us towels, or even smiled as we walked by. And we stayed 3 nights. The pool is filthy dirty with stuff skimming the entire top of the pool. Only 2 of the big chairs and 2 regular chairs by the pool. We saw other guest pullin the lawn chairs to sit by the pool. This is not somewhere you want to stay. We tried to get our money back but were told no cancellations would result in a refund.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Yackyme
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience. When did you stay with us? We recently underwent major renovations, which our website reflects. (Our photos were taken in July 2012.) I can't imagine that your bathroom or our pool were the way you described; cleanliness is a huge priority for us. In addition, we have more than enough pool chairs and no lawn furniture.

Regardless, did you bring any of your complaints to our attention at the time? Did you request new sheets or extra towels? If we had known there was a problem, we would have gladly done everything in our power to make your stay more enjoyable. We also would have been happy to give you a refund had you asked earlier.

If you can offer any additional information about your visit, please call me at (386) 767-2821. I would appreciate the opportunity to get to the bottom of this.

BeccaSmith_79
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I will absolutely stay here again. For the low price of $60 we got a comfy, clean room steps from the beach. It is an old Florida style motel - one story except for the ocean view rooms...small little place, but very clean. It is not fancy at all- but plenty of seating and tables by the pool and on the patios for enjoying the view. The pool was nice and warm (heated) and they had chairs, boogie boards, etc that you could rent. It is located across the street from the 7-11, which is pretty convenient. I also like the fact that there is a full kitchenette. We will be back for a long weekend this summer!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BeccaSmith_79
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay. You're right—we're not fancy. We aim to impress our guests with our clean rooms, ample amenities, and beautiful views, and it sounds like we hit the mark with you. I appreciate the kind words and look forward to having you back this summer!

Fishkill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Dream Inn is a refreshing departure from the sterile highrise hotels and dives in Daytona, lending the feel of a private, tropical getaway and relaxation among the hub-bub. It fits perfectly with classic cars, if that makes sense. By that, I mean it doesn't have that new car smell or the latest gadgetry (despite having Wifi and many amenities), but you wouldn't pass up the experience and couldn't duplicate the sense of history and satisfaction from cruising in one. It's on the beach, has a wonderful pool, and surprisingly intimate outdoor spaces. The rooms are clean and the service, genuinely friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the rooms above the front office, which is as far from the beach as you can get at the Dream Inn. However, the elevated, semi-private attached deck compensates and offers a completely unexpected place to enjoy an ocean view AND a view of the main drag while enjoying the sun.

The room had two sinks, one in the bathroom and one in the room, making for quicker morning routines.

Room Tip: The waterfront rooms looked amazing, but be prepared for availability issues. The two rooms above t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Docbny
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks for the great review. I'm glad we were able to be your "private, tropical getaway"; we strive to give all our guests a relaxing, personalized experience. Your classic car analogy is perfect, too—our charm lies in our warmth and retro feel. It sounds like we really hit the mark with you, and I couldn't be happier to hear it.

Thanks again. If you're ever back in town, I hope we get the opportunity to host you a second time!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

As most, I do tons of research before choosing a location. This place kept popping up over and over, so I gave it a chance.
The stay was wonderful. The location is perfect for beach access, a quick trip to Daytona, Ormond and I-95.
The room was nice. The bed, pillows and linens were great and comfortable. The bathroom was fine. That shower head was a trip and I'm probably going to invest in one!
The only negative side to my trip was it was advertised if you stay so many days you would receive an hour of jet-ski, beach chairs

• Stayed March 2013
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the good words. Nice amenities, comfortable rooms, and easy beach access: that's what we're all about, and it sounds like we hit the mark during your stay. I'm sorry you missed out on the jet ski and beach chairs. The promotion you mentioned only applies to the internet rate, not the non-refundable rate. However, we welcome all our customers to rent jet skis and beach chairs after they make their reservations.

Thanks again for writing about your experience. I hope we get the chance to host you again in the future!

us
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This sweet little hotel is on a lovely stretch of beach. Our room needed some attention to detail - the walls needed painting, carpet should be ripped up and replaced with tile - it looked and felt grungy, one of the cabinets in the kitchenette had the veneer ripped off - it just looked neglected. The beach/pool towels were awful, small, grungy and rough. That said, the bed linens were actually very nice and the bathroom towels not too bad. The in-room safe is a nice plus. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived (the maid service is unbelievably slow - sometimes our room wasn't cleaned until after 3 p.m. and it was Daytona 500 week so you'd think they would have planned for high occupancy) so we were given complimentary beach chairs that they let us keep for our entire stay. The garden areas are pretty and well maintained. It seems with just a few upgrades this could be a very nice place. Plenty of parking and convenient location are two more reasons to stay. Reasonable rates too..... Oh yes - the light outside the door at night is too bright - even with the blinds closed it is bothersome!

Room Tip: We had a courtyard room which looked out onto a nice garden. They do have oceanfront....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry your experience wasn't entirely what you'd expected. We're a small, family-owned hotel, and while our accommodations may not be fancy, we hope our guests find them clean and comfortable. When did you stay with us? We've recently undergone renovations; I think you would be impressed with the end results. Hopefully, we'll get the opportunity to host you again—I know we can reach the potential you saw in us.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is not the Hilton. With that said, if you like a great view, reasonable prices, and friendly staff, this is a good choice. The room was dated, the bathroom had very old fixtures. Except for the showerhead, which was space aged and great! The room was very clean. There is a nice sitting area overlooking the beach, though spoiled a bit now by construction next door(to the north). Enjoyed our stay here and would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OhioSpitfire
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thanks for trying us out and sharing your experience. I'm pleased to hear our simple, cozy accommodations were to your liking. As a family-run business that's been in operation for 21 years, we take a lot of pride in our quaint atmosphere and rustic charm. My apologies if the construction was a nuisance. I really appreciate your being so understanding about it.

Thanks again for the good words. Hope to get the chance to welcome you back soon!