“Dream vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 105 Hotels in Daytona Beach
DeLand, Florida
“Dream vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Late Oct. we had the pleasure of a repeat stay at the Dream. The place was very clean and comfy and the staff all are very helpfull and prompt to respond to every whim.
Both my wife and I highly recommend the Dream Inn
David

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David P
David,

Thanks so much for your glowing review and recommendation! I'm pleased to hear our professional staff and clean, cozy accommodations have made you and your wife loyal guests. We always strive to give each guest a memorable stay in Daytona.

Thanks again for the kind words. Looking forward to seeing you both soon!

All the best,
Jody Kinberger, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Lake City, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel proves you don't have to be a big chain to offer a great stay in Daytona, this was my wife and I second stay in a month and are already planning when we want to come back again, its a great hidden gem, can't wait to return to our home away from home.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank redwatson
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thanks for your great review, Redwatson! It's a pleasure to host you and your wife and an honor to be your "home away from home." We really appreciate your encouragement and support of small, family owned and operated businesses like ours.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Cheers,
Center Harbor, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Great location! We stayed in an ocean front queen with kitchen and loved the convenience. Being on the beach was fantastic, the pool was beautiful, the staff were helpful and friendly. Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary G
Mary,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed our prime location, oceanfront room, lovely pool, and friendly staff. It's nice to know we helped make your trip to Daytona special.

Hope all is well in New Hampshire. We're looking forward to your next stay, too!

All the best,
Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was planning a trip to Forida on business in Tampa and had a couple of days. I saw a review of this Hotel/Inn on the Travel Channel. It's the Diamond on the Coast. It's small and you can park and walk to your room, no elevators (can't stand those) clean, great ocean access, great ocean front pool. You want "fancy" and pay alot to ride an elevator, this is not for you. You want "laid back" comfortable and a reasonable price, it's the best bargain on the entire Atlantic Coast and I have been to most of them.

Room Tip: Ocean Front. Since I was only there one night, I stayed in one of the other rooms. Nice room, easy w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bill P
lola486, Owner at Dream Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thanks for the great review, Bill! I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our relaxed atmosphere, good prices, and convenient location. (After all, the highlight of Daytona is the beach!) It sounds like you're quite the traveler, which makes your compliments especially valuable. The "Diamond on the Coast"—how flattering!

Hope you had a good trip back to Tennessee. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in town!

Cheers,
Warren, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

stayed for a week, every year they have done something new to the property. this was our fourth time here. beautiful ocean views, nice rooms, and very helpful host's, just off I-95, so it was easy to get to all of the attractions.. we'll be back again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was here on Buisness trip decided to stay mom and pop instead of corporate. Wise choice. The room was clean, no oders and no bugs... Everything was as advertised. We will be coming back in Nov for MMA fights and have decided to book the jacuzzi ocean front room. Met the owner at check out, very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012
Longwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at Dream Inn on many occasions. I always stay in an ocean front jacuzzi room. I have an adult handicapped son and I'm battling stage IV breast cancer, so it is relaxing and almost like a therapy to me. I was very anxious to visit again since the TV show 'Hotel Impossible' revamped the place. I didn't have reservations, and arrived during their 2 hour closed for lunch period, so I called the emergency number, explaining it wasn't an emergency, but that I would appreciate it if I could get a room, and Jody came right down and got me checked into my favorite room (221-when alone, it's just easier to sit in the heart shaped tub without sliding underwater, and it's the best view of the ocean from a jacuzzi) I complained that the rate was too high for a Tuesday night in September, so it was reduced from $112 to $99 stating that was "the lowest it's ever been", and I paid an extra $20 to stay until 2 the next day. Now, I logged on, read a few reviews, and see where someone recently paid $78 for the same room. Really!? (And i explained I was a several times over repeat guest..oh well...I'm not complaining about the cost, only the untruth. I have, in fact, rented the room in the past for $79 (in November; I keep records) I was a bit disappointed that really the only thing I could tell different from the remodeling was fresh paint on the exterior (a street number would be helpful), some (at one time I'm sure beautiful) plants were placed around the pool, but were sad and wilted. (we have had a lot of rain, but a little pruning goes a long way) The new round futons by the pool were gorgeous and looked so inviting from my balcony, but were dirty when I went down for a closer look. A daily wipe down would be a good idea. The pool lights were never turned on...but I enjoyed looking over at neighboring pools..?! Totally out of the Inn's control, but still bothersome is the heavy construction going on next door. Jackhammers drowned out the peacefulness I had sought for a day outing. It appears that will be an on-going proposition. I will, without a doubt, return again several times before that construction is complete. It's been my therapy and meditation spot for a few years now. I plan on keeping it that way. Luckily, I'm fairly local, so I am fortunate that I can visit often.

• Stayed September 2012