“Had a Great Time!”
Review of Silver Beach Club

Silver Beach Club
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We had a great time at the Silver Beach Club. Loved the DJ and activities at the pool each day. (We noticed that most of the other hotels didn't do this). The ocean is also right there if you love the beach. The room was clean and spacious. There are grocery stores nearby to load up with snacks or you can make your own dinner. There are lots of things to do in the area and Disney, Universal, and Seaworld are also close by. Can't wait to go back again!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank T00tan

Reviewed February 21, 2012

The poor review on this site astound me. Yes, the property is not brand new, but the rooms are very clean and the staff is superbly friendly! The location is fantastic... about a mile or so South of the Pier, so you are not in the middle of the hustle and bustle, but definitely within walking distance. Wonderful heated pool and jacuzzi. I do not own here, nor do I own a timeshare, but I would definitely consider a purchase here because the staff and management make this feel like a home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank sticksnstonesFL
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We have stayed at Silver Beach Club many of times. They have very nice out door gas grills which makes it very nice as you are cooking the kids are swimming then when you are done on the grill you can eat at 1 of the covered tables which the kids love and different entertainment for young kids and adults by the pool daily. They have swimming contest for the kids and ice-cream. It is by far a 5 star but it has always been clean and any maintenance problems have always been very minor and fixed the same day that I reported a problem. As far as the staff we have never had a problem with any of them.Each time we have been there they are always remodeling different rooms. I do agree that the laundry room needs so fixing up. Yes it is a much older resort but we will stay there when we want a laid back and relaxed time because everything is all in the same area and no matter where you are sitting at by the pool you can see your kids which a huge plus or you can leave your towels and bags and walk to the beach with the kids and not fear your stuff will be removed by staff or stolen when you come back from the beach. We have always stayed on pool side.For the price it is just fine.We have never had a bad time at Silver Beach and no I'm not a owner!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank TLL718
Reviewed October 9, 2011

dump, run down, gross. It rained the rain came in back door. The water caused the air conditioning unit to spark and shut off. When we called the front desk they told us all the units are getting wet and there was no maintenance guy. They said we could move for the night. Well thanks, but if this unit is on fire the whole building is. DO NOT COME HERE

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank atonwa
Reviewed April 22, 2011

This property is dirty, is run down, the maintenance people don't exist and the security guards only "guard" there televisions. The rooms are in need of major repairs. The rooms are very dated and well used. The only plus to this place is the location. I would never recommend anyone to stay here that values safety and a clean, comfortable place to vacation.....

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Shutterbugged
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I have been to many RCI resorts, but this one will be one to forget. OLD, OLD and no effort is put into it to make it a nice place to stay. Even my husband who is not a picky person said "never do this to me again" master bedroom Stains on the matress covers, pull out couch need to be Vacuumed there was food etc. etc. from the previous visitors, single couch really needs to be thrown out, I think the colour was suppose to be baby blue, but it was dark grey. Bathroom toilets I had to go out and buy cleaning products and a toilet brush, I think I don't to give details as to why!!!!! Lobby and elevators well dark and scarey if you ask me...Restuarant was always closed!!!! not sure if I would really go in there to eat. NO and I repeat No effort is put into this place to make it nice or presentable. This place should not be part of the RCI, HUGE, HUGE disappointment>>>>we were shocked. All I can say is thank God we did not see any roaches or Bed Bugs, we were really surprised about that.......The only nice thing about his place is the BEACH AND that really is it!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank jmacedo
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I usually read reviews before booking, but didn't this time b/c I thought we stayed at thsi resort before. Boy, was I wrong!! Please read the reviews and you will see many similarities.

My hubby and I have stayed at several RCI resorts with no problems. I knew right away that I would not like this resort because the parking lot was very small and the resort itself, though on the beach, is adjacent to a balding lot in desperate need of landscaping. Honestly, this place looks like an old motel which was converted (poorly) into a timeshare resort. The inside fared no better as the rooms are full of old appliances and the bathrooms were so small that I can't imagine a very tall or large person would be comfortable using them. The first thing I smelled when entering the room was mildew. The carpet was vacuumed, but clearly needed to be removed or at the very last, thoroughly cleaned.

The icing on the cake was being greeted by two huge COCKROACHES on the carpet. We closed the door and headed straight to the front desk to complain. The guy at the desk was very nonchalant and when I asked if roaches are a problem, he said no. But, I continued to push the issue (everybody knows that no place will ever just have two roaches hanging out), he said when guests have "asked" about them, somebody is sent to "spray everything down." Well, perhaps the answer is to exterminate the entire property to get rid of the pests and not just spot spray. The thought of roaches crawling around and possibly on our belongings made me ill. Needless to say, we left after one night and went to a much nicer resort down the street.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
The Suites at Americano Beach
The Suites at Americano Beach
#38 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to Silver Beach Club? Share your experiences!