“dump”
Review of Silver Beach Club

and 1 more site!
Silver Beach Club
Reviewed October 9, 2011

dump, run down, gross. It rained the rain came in back door. The water caused the air conditioning unit to spark and shut off. When we called the front desk they told us all the units are getting wet and there was no maintenance guy. They said we could move for the night. Well thanks, but if this unit is on fire the whole building is. DO NOT COME HERE

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank atonwa

Reviewed April 22, 2011

This property is dirty, is run down, the maintenance people don't exist and the security guards only "guard" there televisions. The rooms are in need of major repairs. The rooms are very dated and well used. The only plus to this place is the location. I would never recommend anyone to stay here that values safety and a clean, comfortable place to vacation.....

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Shutterbugged
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I have been to many RCI resorts, but this one will be one to forget. OLD, OLD and no effort is put into it to make it a nice place to stay. Even my husband who is not a picky person said "never do this to me again" master bedroom Stains on the matress covers, pull out couch need to be Vacuumed there was food etc. etc. from the previous visitors, single couch really needs to be thrown out, I think the colour was suppose to be baby blue, but it was dark grey. Bathroom toilets I had to go out and buy cleaning products and a toilet brush, I think I don't to give details as to why!!!!! Lobby and elevators well dark and scarey if you ask me...Restuarant was always closed!!!! not sure if I would really go in there to eat. NO and I repeat No effort is put into this place to make it nice or presentable. This place should not be part of the RCI, HUGE, HUGE disappointment>>>>we were shocked. All I can say is thank God we did not see any roaches or Bed Bugs, we were really surprised about that.......The only nice thing about his place is the BEACH AND that really is it!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank jmacedo
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I usually read reviews before booking, but didn't this time b/c I thought we stayed at thsi resort before. Boy, was I wrong!! Please read the reviews and you will see many similarities.

My hubby and I have stayed at several RCI resorts with no problems. I knew right away that I would not like this resort because the parking lot was very small and the resort itself, though on the beach, is adjacent to a balding lot in desperate need of landscaping. Honestly, this place looks like an old motel which was converted (poorly) into a timeshare resort. The inside fared no better as the rooms are full of old appliances and the bathrooms were so small that I can't imagine a very tall or large person would be comfortable using them. The first thing I smelled when entering the room was mildew. The carpet was vacuumed, but clearly needed to be removed or at the very last, thoroughly cleaned.

The icing on the cake was being greeted by two huge COCKROACHES on the carpet. We closed the door and headed straight to the front desk to complain. The guy at the desk was very nonchalant and when I asked if roaches are a problem, he said no. But, I continued to push the issue (everybody knows that no place will ever just have two roaches hanging out), he said when guests have "asked" about them, somebody is sent to "spray everything down." Well, perhaps the answer is to exterminate the entire property to get rid of the pests and not just spot spray. The thought of roaches crawling around and possibly on our belongings made me ill. Needless to say, we left after one night and went to a much nicer resort down the street.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelchickBaltimore
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I feel sorry for the people who did not have a pleasant stay, but I am taking the time to say that I was proud to be an owner when I brought two friends of mine back in September. We couldn't have had a better time. I was thoroughly pleased with the cleanliness of our suite. Yes there was construction going on, but that just showed me that they were willing to update and continue to make Silver Beach Club a very pleasant place to stay on vacation. I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend this resort to anyone who was looking for a place to stay while in Daytona Beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linda_newcreations
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Horrible place stay. Building is old and desparately needs to be remodelled.
The pool is nice but deep. If your kids can't swim, they will be consigned to a foot deep 8' square kiddie pool. Resort is smoke free which means people smoke next to kids on pool deck but can't smoke in their own room.
Kitchen was tiny with ancient appliances. Fridge handle was black with grime and oven was hard to use because labels on dials had worn off long ago. There was nowhere to store food and cooking was difficult due to minimal counter space. Bedrooms were tiny and 1 was cold while rest of unit was quite warm.  Beds were lumpy, squeaky and tiny. Bathrooms were gross- toilet didn't flush, mold stains inside plastic of 1980s faucets.
Wifi very difficult to sign up to and service was so poor it was difficult to check email nevermind try to watch a utube stream.  Staff were generally friendly but this place is so worn out it's well past the stage where housekeeping and piddly repairs make a difference. There are many negative reviews for this place - which seem to be accurate. In conclusion - don't stay here. The facilities and rooms are substandard, location is awful and there are abundant better choices not too far away.

2  Thank trvlfam99
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night in a 1 bedroom suite. For sure, it is a spacious room with a 2 balconies, kitchen, living room, 2 bathrooms, large dining table w/chairsand bedroom. The bathrooms are very small with a small vanity outside. It is true, there isn't much room when you sit on the toilet. A very heavy person wouldn't be able sit. The location was nice because it was right at the beach. Just walk across the small parking lot and you are on the sand. Parking is very tight and sometimes can be difficult to find a space. Has a small snack bar. The hotel was acceptable but I know there are nicer ones in the area. I would suggest reseaching other hotels to find what is right for you.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple