“Superb Service, Fantastic Historical Property! Call for Reservations!”

August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 17 Daytona Beach B&B and Inns
“Superb Service, Fantastic Historical Property! Call for Reservations!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Joan & Phillip treat you like family! Be sure to call for a room, trip advisors shows no availability, but that is NOT correct. They have plenty of room and can't wait to have more guests. We stayed in the 1202 room and it was intimate, clean, and nicely decorated.

Phillip even made us special chocolate chip cookies at my request to help us celebrate our one year wedding anniversary! We drank a bottle of champagne on the front porch, got a personal tour of the house and learned about the history of Daytona. Snacks, popcorn, movies, books...they have it all!

This place is a MUST ON your list. Luxury, without the huge price tag. We will be back, thank you!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank IrenetheLawyer
AugustSeven, Owner at August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your review…I so appreciate you mentioning that there are rooms available, I as most these days unfortunately seem to have website issues on occasions, I have contacted my hosting company and they are trying to correct the issues…I am currently looking into two new companies for websites and find myself in need of change…It’s unfortunate, but almost everyone is aware of web issues that creep up on seemingly everyone….Thank you for letting everyone know to contact me direct...I am so glad you had a great anniversary and decided to make August Seven Inn a part of your lives…Looking forward to seeing you in the future…
Joe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Deltona
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have had the pleasure of enjoying several stays at the August Seven Inn and I cannot have enough too many POSITIVE adjectives to describe the ambience and outstanding staff!!!
My lady friend just happened to find this marvelous Inn while searching for a place to spend a romantic weekend. The Inn started out as the Gamble Guest House (for you Cincinnatian's the Gamble side of the Procter's .......for you non-Ohio folks...the Soap People) To return to my evaluation.............The Gamble Guest House has been remodeled and refurbished to become a most wonderful inn that would gladden the heart of anyone, even Ebenezer Scrooge!
The staff anticipates your every need and I just cannot say enough wonderful things about them!
The facilities will take your breath away as each suite is different, not cookie-cutter like most other establishments. The furnishings are as magnificent as the rooms, as I found myself genuinely appreciating the care of each item in their presentation. You will find yourself walking through the inn with wide eyed appreciation of the forethought that went into the aforementioned. Joe and his staff maintain a plethora of menus of all of the best dining establishments to assist you in finding the best places to dine! If you are seeking a romantic weekend (or longer) there is but one place to show your significant other how much you care by making a reservation for this truly wonderful place of charm and history!!

Room Tip: The staff will be pleased to have your tour ALL the different accommodations to aid in your selectio...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael G
Michael,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review…I consider myself very fortunate that your fiend had located the August Seven Inn…Thank you so much for staying and enjoying the former Gamble property…I truly love the August Seven Inn, and so appreciate it when others look at it in the same light as I do … Thank you so much again for the review its truly appreciated…Hopefully you will find yourself back in Daytona and I will be Looking forward to seeing you again in the future…
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The décor transports you to another century when this served as a guest house for the Gamble family (of Proctor and Gamble). Read on the wide wraparound porch, take a short walk to the beach, or enjoy the massage chair and you will forget all the stresses of your busy life for awhile. The host makes you feel welcome and at home. Snacks, water, and a fridge are available, too. We could not bear to leave, so we booked an extra day. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: All of the second floor rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KateDB
I am so happy that you enjoyed the break from stress, It seems as if most everyone these days need an escape from it, and I am truly very happy that the August Seven Inn was able to give you some stress relief…As you stated it was Gambles guest house with the intention in the 1800’s to provide relaxation, I am so thrilled that you found peace and relaxation here … Thank you so much for taking the extra day on your stay, it’s amazing how many people have been here and added a day or two…It’s a true blessing that so many appreciate the inn as much as I do ..I’ll be looking forward to seeing you again if you find yourselves back this way…
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I needed a break from work and was looking for a nice place to relax yet also be close to the beach and areas of interest. I definately found it at The August Seven Inn! What a wonderful place! The decor is worth the trip alone and my room (The 819) was spacious, beautiful and full of old world charm.

Joe was a wonderful host and he, along with Phil, made me feel more like a friend than a customer. I really don't know how they do it. The Inn was spotless and full of antiques and the comforts of home. From the pastries, waffles, home-made breads, bacon, fresh fruit and many other things at breakfast, to the homemade cookies and brownies in the evening, to the tranquility room and whirlpool bath, everyting was A-1.

The Inn is located south of the main beach but still close to the pier. It's about 3 blocks off the beach and is an easy walk. Or, you can drive down and park either in one of the parking areas or pay a small fee and drive on the beach and park there. There are plenty of restaurants close by and a number that will deliver to the Inn as well.

I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay and how much I loved the August Seven Inn. I will definately be making plans to stay there again. Thanks, Joe and Phil, for making me feel so welcome. I will recommend your Inn most highly to anyone who asks for a great place to stay in Daytona.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank OGCFreddie1961
Thank you for taking notice of so much around the property, I so appreciate your amazing review…I also so appreciate the recommendations, they help small business such as myself tremendously Thanks again and I hope to see you in the future…
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For those, like me, who prefer a home experience to a hotel setting this place may be for you. Lovely old home, close to the beach and off the beaten track, while remaining convenient to downtown Daytona if you have a car. The fact that it is gay friendly is a definite plus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken T
Ken,
Thank you so much for your review, and its true for those that prefer smaller lodging with a home like experience August Seven Inn is a great choice…Thanks again…
Saint Pete Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I went for a last minute weekend trip. This is a great place for a weekend at the beach. The beach is only a few blocks away. The home is immaculate. Joe was very gracious. He welcomed us, took us on a quick tour, and then asked if we liked wine. We do and he said he would put a bottle in the frig for us. It started to rain later in the day so we sat on the porch talking to other couples and Phil asked if we would all like our wine and brought it out to us. After dinner we came back to find an assortment of goodies that we took to our room. I can't say enough about those massage chairs. It was hard to get my husband out of them. We will return. Very relaxing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jean S
South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Great time in Daytona Beach! August Seven was great! So relaxing ... A great "home" atmosphere and NO CROWDS!! Joe, keep up the great work! Will definitely return to August Seven when coming back to Daytona!

• Stayed July 2013
Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport
River Lily Inn Bed & Breakfast
River Lily Inn Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 17 in Daytona Beach

Been to August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!