August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Skyway Motel(Daytona Beach)
  • Pool
Catalina Beach Club(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Harbour Beach Resort(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Sunrise Inn Daytona(Daytona Beach)
Nautilus Inn(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Beach House Inn(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Studio 1 Motel(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Ocean Holiday Motel(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the August 7 Inn during our first visit to Daytona Beach, FL. Everything we experienced was wonderful - the room was perfect, very warm and welcoming, and just absolutely delightful. The Inn is gorgeous from top to bottom, maintains a high standard of cleanliness, and the attention to detail is amazing. The breakfast foods were delicious, and we were surprised that we also were provided with evening desserts - just the right touch for a nighttime snack. Joe, the owner, provided us with a complimentary bottle of wine, a lovely spray of flowers, and candles surrounded the Jacuzzi - a very romantic setting, a very relaxing setting. We enjoyed learning about the Inn from Joe and Phil - they are fun people, and very attentive to their guests. Best of all, we have already made reservations to return - hmmmm, I think that says it all! Highly recommend - you will love it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alwaysthelady
AugustSeven, Owner at August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

It was great getting to meet you guys also... thank you so much for all your kind words....and thank you so much for next years reservation....I know it seems like a long time...but as we all know in life time goes much faster than we think....so with that said, I look forward to seeing you soon...take care for now...and please keep in touch...

Reviewed May 28, 2013

warm, friendly, great breakfast, even greater treats at night. loved sitting on the porch
drinking wine. (joe gave us a bottle when we arrived!) definitely more personal than staying at a hotel! could walk to the beach, they supplied towel and chair. was very helpful in explaining
if you wanted to go anywhere specific. Ladies, go to the Pearls International, you won't be able
to leave without buying something. this is a very nice, affordable jewelry store (not junk) that joe recommended.
anyway, great place to stay and unwind and just be a couple. would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: we were in room 623 (I believe) on first floor. was very clean and quaint, but tight to move around in and the a/c was loud. will do a bigger room next time (was on a tight budget for this trip)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much guys...Im so glad you had a great time....and yes I love Pearls...they are so friendly over their....hope to see you guys in the near future....take care for now .....Joe

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a gorgeous, spotless, impeccably maintained, managed and decorated Inn or B & B that I have stayed in! I've traveled the globe and it's in the top10 globally! The breakfast was all homemade and delicious, the evening appetizers and desserts were splendid and the price is MORE than reasonable for what you get. Only 2-3 blocks walk from the beach and a quiet location; gives you everything you could possibly desire. I sequestered myself here for 10 days while I started and finished non-fiction book and it was the PERFECT place to do so. Romantic, secluded, beautiful and a must stay for any traveler. THANKS JOE; we'll be back soon !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MichelleB1101
HotelAugustSevenBnB, Owner at August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

It was great having you here, and having you write your entire book here was simply wonderful. I am very excited about it and looking forward to seeing it in print.. I love when I get world travelers as they truly have an understanding of how much I put my heart and soul into my inn, bed and breakfast, hotel, boutique hotel, or whatever they decide to call it, as the title to me is not nearly as important as my guests and my once Gamble Guesthouse that I call home ...Thank you so much for you review, I am looking forward to seeing you hopefully in the near future, although its only been a short time, it feels like you have been gone for quite a while

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I planned the stay at August Seven as a romantic surprise for my boyfriend and it was everything I could have hoped for. If I could add a couple of "+" signs onto my rating I would!

The August Seven is just a few blocks from Daytona Beach, however it's also just a 5-10 minute drive to Ponce Inlet Beach - one of Florida's top rated beaches and home of the Marine Science Center and the Lighthouse point. We started our visit at the beach and Science Center... then went to the August Seven about mid-afternoon.

First, on arrival, Joseph welcomed us and gave us a little tour of the lovely living areas, inviting us to use what we saw. He has thought of EVERYTHING... from two luxurious massage chairs in the "Tranquility Room" to books and DVD's - just pick what you like, each room has a dvd player.

We stayed in the carriage house which had an oversized jet tub AND a big screen tv.. perfect for us because one of our favorite things to do is chill in the bathtub with a bottle of wine followed by a movie. What made it even more perfect is that Joseph even gave us a bottle of wine at check in - when does THAT happen?

Another thing Joseph has thought of is the "piano bar" - that's what I called it... right next to the breakfast bar is a piano which is used for information on local events that are happening, menus to many, many local restaurants, and even trolley passes that are good for 24 hours!

So.. my boyfriend and I checked in, took a quick bath with a glass of wine, then got dressed for dinner and went up to the main house to pick a restaurant. Of course, we had to have a spell in the massage chairs (while listening to some wonderful tropical music... which had been provided by a previous guest, I heard). But then we looked through the menus Joseph has out and picked a place for dinner... "Aunt Catfish's." I figured you can't go wrong with anyplace with "Aunt" or "Catfish" in it's name, and I was right.

When we returned from dinner (we had the turn-down service), our room was spiffed up with fresh towels (As I mentioned, we'd already used the tub since we came from the beach), clean wine glasses and EVEN two absolutely to die for brownies with vanilla frosting. My boyfriend declared them "amazing" - high praise from him, and they were. The bed was turned down and Joseph had even lit candles and an oil burner with some wonderful fragrance oil as well as turning on the bedside "sound machine" - a mix of the sounds of the beach, birds singing, and soothing music.... we left it on while we finished up our wine in the jet tub before our "movie night."

We had picked two movies and I have to say the big screen TV and couch nook was really cozy ... I had my two favorite men... Colin Firth (in Love Actually), and my boyfriend... what more could a girl ask for?

We saved the second movie for the next day as we planned on relaxing and enjoying the morning. We got up about 7:30 and ducked into the main house for coffee (Joseph has it on by 6 AM), then went back to the room, climbed into the tub with our coffee for a bit (yes, the tub was THAT good), and watched another movie before breakfast.

The breakfast spread Joseph puts out is great. He has a variety of fruit, pastries, pancakes, cereal and waffles, along with bacon, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, tea or milk. Everything is all wrapped up so it's nice and fresh and you just help yourself... toasting your waffles or warming your pancakes and bacon. We couldn't help but grab some of the chocolate chip cookies either, and we took it all outside and ate on the porch overlooking the front yard - perfect.

Before we left, Joseph had finished making up some of the other rooms in the house and let us in to take a peak. The "African motif" room was my favorite, though all were lovely and uniquely decorated. One room had portraits of Joseph's grandparents and a lantern that was a gift from some previous friends/guests. Each room has it's own bath (beautifully appointed with whatever you need) and there was another jetted tub in the African motif room as well... I sense we're going to have to return to the August Seven VERY soon!

Room Tip: Carriage house and "African motif" room both have jetted tubs!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SueJCopening
AugustSevenInn, Owner at August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

It was so much fun having you guys here, and I loved that we chatted about the history of the inn and the items here, as not everyone shares your interest, and I understand that as well and would never want to force info on anyone, but when someone shows interest it is fun for me to chat about it....I just can’t believe we didn’t chat about the "Piano Bar" ...lol...I did have an actual liquor license and bar here at one point but no longer, as it was not everyone’s cup of tea, I may still revisit the idea in the future, it just needs a little tweaking first ...(And I wouldn’t normally make mention but I know you were interested in everything) the Piano is actually a nonfunctioning Gamble Estate organ from the 1800's, and with the August Seven being a former Gamble guest house from the 1800’s as well, it fits right in as if it was there the entire time...I couldn’t close without this important thank you… I am so glad you guys opted for the massage chairs package and the enhanced turn down service I also feel it truly a great value and truly enhances your stay at the August Seven, Thank you so much for letting others know...I can’t wait to see you guys again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at the August Seven Inn for a weekend and couldn't have stayed at a better place. Our room was very spacious and clean. Joe was very accomodating and made sure we had everything we needed each day. He even let us borrow their bikes to ride on the beach so we didn't have to rent them. The B&B is just a few blocks away from the beach, walking distance easily, but far enough away to have a quiet peaceful evening. I would recommend this to anyone. Perfect for a couple's weekend away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heathernikki
AugustSevenInn, Owner at August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

i'm glad the bikes were available when you asked where you could rent them...I'm so glad you guys had a great time!! .... Thanks so much for the great post!!