“A Wonderful Stay”

August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 17 Daytona Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for our Anniversary. This was our very first Bed & Breakfast stay and I'll gladly tell everyone it was definitely worth every penny.I was a bit skeptical when I first booked our room as we really didn't know what to expect. What we found was a beautiful house and our room was fabulous. The Inn is located on a corner yet is very easey to get in and out of. The beach is two blocks away and has easy access for those who wish to drive on it. There are plenty of good eats nearby as well and Joe was very nice to recommend some of his favorites. I would recommend this Inn to all my friends. It's so much better than staying at a hotel where you're not always treated like family. When we first arrived, meeting Joe was like we'd known him forever! He gave us a tour of the home, handed over the keys and made us feel like it was ours! We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the 1022 suite.
1  Thank Kmkara

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband & i stayed here last week although the owner obviously had many issues with groupon, He honored the price and we were so grateful it all worked out otherwise we probably wouldn't have ever found this lovely little place.Although the weather was rainy we had such a wonderful place to stay we didn't mind. Joe is very nice & really goes out of his way to make you feel at home. The DVD collection, Wine & popcorn he supplied made our rainy day perfect. The room was big and very comfortable. The breakfast while admittedly set up in an odd manner was very tasty and filling.we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Aprilmf
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The location was perfect! Walking distance to the beach and very close to local attractions. There are a lot of places to stay in Daytona, none of them with the character and class of the August Seven Inn. For what you would pay for a beachfront hotel that looks like every other hotel you've seen you could stay in a gorgeously restored home, complete with breakfast and a bottle of wine! Next time I stay in Daytona, it will be here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I just celebrated my birthday party at the August Seven Inn and I honestly can say that it was the perfect one. The reason for that is that Joe (owner) let me have a BBQ at the front porch for a couple of friends. I've to be honest to say that when my hubbie said that he went by himself (I've never seen the place before) to this Inn and he thought that we should spend a night there I looked at him....and I could not believe. So he took me there to see with my own eyes...WOW!!! I wish I had seen the place before, because definetely I'd have had our wedding there. Me and my friends had a wonderful time and we felt as if we were home. At each room you will experience different feeling and enjoy abnormal tranquility. The decoration is fantastic and the place smells so good. The bed is made for a royal family and our room 1022 had a hot tub...I have to get back there asap. I am already planning our valentines day to be celebrated there and my hubbie wants to have another party there.

Room Tip: Ask for room 1022
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We purchased the living social deal for the August Seven Inn last summer and finally found the time to take advantage of it this past week. I have to say that it was absolutely wonderful and went above and beyond my expectations. The Inn itself was beautiful. It was very well decorated and the room we stayed in (the 1022) was amazing. We felt right at home. The bed was extremely comfortable and the spa tub was a definite treat. It was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast and Joe made us feel very welcome. He was extremely friendly and helpful. He showed us around and offered lots of little treats that we hadn't expected like movies and popcorn, snacks, and he even washed our sandy beach blanket for us while we were exploring Daytona. Overall, the entire experience was wonderful and we definitely plan on going back as soon as we find the time and money to do so. Being in college, money is tight, but I definitely think that this was money well spent.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

My daughter bought me a stay here through Living Social. It was so beautiful and relaxing. I loved the 2 nights I stayed. The Inn is close to the beach and also local shopping and restaurants. Joe has a book available stuffed with restaurant menus for guests to use plus he was able to give recommendations depending on what you were looking for. I enjoyed my coffee in the mornings sitting on the wicker furniture on the huge front porch then would end the day at the same place with a glass of wine. I could watch the boats pass by on the Halifax River. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Wow,I am utterly shocked.I called AND emailed August Seven back in February trying to make a reservation for March.I understand that a family emergency took place and could not get in for the entire month of March.Although I was irritated,I understood so no biggie.However,I ASSUMED I could use it for May or June...until I noticed they canceled the Groupon.I think they oversold the groupons and just don't want to loose the normal $150+ rate they usually charge.The sad part is,it is the 1st B&B I've ever stayed in.Me and my hubby fell in love with it.Sounds like they went down hill fast!I read the previous review that stated they have a DIY breakfast??WHAT??They use to cook a gourmet breakfast to order.I guess Peter left and his partner (Joe) just doesn't have the time.

1  Thank jessncase
se7en07, Owner at August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Nothing could be further from the truth.....The truth is Groupon never had a valid contract...My atturney spoke with their atturney...their atturney hung up on my atturney twice...the first time they claimed they would go after me for fraud after running a sale with an incorrect price and bouncing a check to me for 1/3 of what it was supposed to be....The truth is i have a valid lawsuite against them against my atturney chris wickersham Jr. has made it clear with all my documents i would easily win a case against them however they will be bankrupt before we can collect, so its pointless....I wont go into their business practices or the number of lawsuites they have pending, just that it is pointless for me to go after them.....
As for the breakfast ....its true i do offer some frozen premade items (waffels 4 flavors, pancakes 3 flavors)as I have frequent first time B&B ers....Most of them prefer these items as they are familiar with them...I also offer , fresh cut fruits usually three kinds, three breads, sometimes four, bacon and hard boiled eggs... I additionally have many home baked items usually four sometimes five and homemade french toast and homemade pancakes...none of which the previous reveiwer pointed out...