“Not the worst, not the best”
Review of San Marina Motel

San Marina Motel
Ranked #59 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Not the worst, not the best”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not a bad place for the price considering you're right across the street from the ocean at an access. I would stay again but in a non-smoking room. Average pricing. Was pleased to be able to stay on the beach for less than $50.00.

Room Tip: I'd go for a nonsmoking room unless you're a smoker.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tinacious1969

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 16, 2013

You get what you pay for. This place is fine if you're not picky. It's convenient and across from the beach. My room was clean and had everything I needed. The employees were nice enough. The motel is, however, slightly sketchy and there are prostitutes that walk down the street around the motel. I am a female and stayed there alone - the area is busy enough that even with the sketchy parts about it, it was still fine and I didn't feel unsafe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank AgentRabbit
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's good so far just that there was a roach in the bathtub and the wife of the man was rude they do have a pool I liked it met new people had fun they are fast check in but they maid was old and they don't switch blankets or bring in towels there's lots of stuff even they charge $2.50 for the laundry and it doesn't dry it my mom did it and didnt go we'll the ice they charge 25 cents for like half a bucket but telling yhu this becareful of what u choose the man is very nice but his wife isn't

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I thought we were being smart money wise staying here. When my husband went to check us in, he said the manager wasn't there- his little boy was working....By looking at this place on the outside, we tried to have some hope. When we got in, we had to laugh to keep from crying. There was no fitted sheet. Just a sheet spread across the bed with a comforter on top. Mattress showing. Bathroom gross. Non smoking room that smelled like cigarettes. Stains. I don't care who you are or what trip you're going on, find something better. It was awful. We are just now able to joke about it without getting mad or annoyed. Nothing wrong with paying $$$ for staying in a clean, safe place. Lesson learned!

• Stayed August 2012
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I wanted to enjoy a wknd by myself so I booked me a room at the San Marina Motel. My room was so small you could turn around 2 times and everything was at a fingers touch. My ac only worked when plugged in. My comforforter had so many cigarette burns they should have replaced it with a new one. Towels were not completely white. Thank God I bring clorox clean-up to every trip I go on (even the Marriott) because I would have been scared to use toilet shower sink, etc. The room looked like a crime scene room. You knw the rooms where u find the chalk outline in them? Yea that bad. The pool was good and my friends room was ok I guess I jus had a bad break I guess. A lesson learned and no I won't be staying here anymore.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Michelle T
Grant, mi
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I never go by the hotel reviews on TA, must be most people live in glass houses, I do not. Booked 3 night on expedia for the last leg of the trip, I booked the cheapest room I could find on the beach, ever though the way everyone talked I was going to be mugged, got a smoking room for 35 bucks, place looked neat when we checked in, the desk guy asked, you want a smoking room, I said no but getting low on funds so just saving the extra money for beer, he said I'll give you the non smoking room, room was small neat and clean, 2 beds, mimi frige, microwave and flat screen tv, bathroom tidy and stocked with towels, pools was the best we had on the trip, huge and clean, beach was across the street, 75 yards, sat out one night and drank a bottle of wine on our swing in front of the room, enjoyed time with other guest from Michigan who brought a group of pleasnt teen girls to the beach, talked for an hour with the owner and he gave us many tips for Daytona, had so much fun we didn't want to leave, walked everywhere late into the night never with one bit of worry, we will return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oceanside Inn
Oceanside Inn
#30 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedway
WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedw...
#40 of 73 in Daytona Beach
Grand Prix Motel
Grand Prix Motel
#21 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to San Marina Motel? Share your experiences!