“A Trap!”
Review of San Marina Motel

San Marina Motel
Ranked #58 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I wanted to enjoy a wknd by myself so I booked me a room at the San Marina Motel. My room was so small you could turn around 2 times and everything was at a fingers touch. My ac only worked when plugged in. My comforforter had so many cigarette burns they should have replaced it with a new one. Towels were not completely white. Thank God I bring clorox clean-up to every trip I go on (even the Marriott) because I would have been scared to use toilet shower sink, etc. The room looked like a crime scene room. You knw the rooms where u find the chalk outline in them? Yea that bad. The pool was good and my friends room was ok I guess I jus had a bad break I guess. A lesson learned and no I won't be staying here anymore.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Michelle T
There are newer reviews for San Marina Motel

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I never go by the hotel reviews on TA, must be most people live in glass houses, I do not. Booked 3 night on expedia for the last leg of the trip, I booked the cheapest room I could find on the beach, ever though the way everyone talked I was going to be mugged, got a smoking room for 35 bucks, place looked neat when we checked in, the desk guy asked, you want a smoking room, I said no but getting low on funds so just saving the extra money for beer, he said I'll give you the non smoking room, room was small neat and clean, 2 beds, mimi frige, microwave and flat screen tv, bathroom tidy and stocked with towels, pools was the best we had on the trip, huge and clean, beach was across the street, 75 yards, sat out one night and drank a bottle of wine on our swing in front of the room, enjoyed time with other guest from Michigan who brought a group of pleasnt teen girls to the beach, talked for an hour with the owner and he gave us many tips for Daytona, had so much fun we didn't want to leave, walked everywhere late into the night never with one bit of worry, we will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cindykeys08
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great place for a cheap hotel, very old and run down ,no closet or storage space for your stuff.
Thin cheap towels and if you ask for a extra towel they charge you $1.00per towel.
No frills here so if you don't care about your hotel and you just want to save money stay here.
Personally I would not!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Me and my husband traveled 4hours and arrived at this run down motel!!The room was located at the bottom of the stairs. Everything was Cluttered together.The room had a terrible smell.We went off the word of the Expedia and end up paying more money to get a room at another hotel and waiting 3 to7 days to get a refund! I don't recommended this motel to anyone!!worst place ever!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Truly, I'm not fussy when it comes to accommodations. When I'm at the beach, I'm fine with a local place that has good rates, a decent pool and a friendly staff. The San Marina motel is not really the best spot. It feels like the place has seen one too many seasons of spring break or bike week without the proper TLC to get things spruced back up again. Most of Daytona Beach feels this way, but I digress.

The room I stayed in was shabby, the linens and towels were not very clean. There is no hair dryer in the room (I mean, come on. Who packs a hair dryer anymore? I thought that was a standard in the hotel business these days.). The grounds are positively littered with cigarette butts and bottle caps.

The owners are not friendly; they come off as brusque and surly. I never feel compelled to secure my things when I leave my room but I locked up my suitcase when I saw the housekeeping crew. In fact, I refused service from them when they first came to my room because my things were scattered about and I didn't have time to gather them and secure them that day.

The pool truly is the best attribute to the place but it was not clean and, like everything else on the property, looked like it needed a good scrubbing, along with skimming and maintenance.

Internet signal was really weak in the room where I stayed (119) and when I asked for the PIN for the stronger signal, I was flatly denied.

I saw that some reviewers complained about the parking situation. I didn't have a problem at all with parking, which came as a relief.

I bailed out 2 days earlier than I'd planned and headed to Orlando. Unfortunately, I lost money because I booked through hotels.com and the reservation was nonrefundable. Save yourself the expense. Daytona was a bust, overall. Go north to Ormond Beach, which seems far less sketchy. But if you must stay in Daytona, go with a different choice.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank italia9970
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Here on business trip now May 28,2013
Small room but has new carpet,flat screen TV, microwave, and fridge. No clue what people are complaining about. OK it is small bars of soap, my experance with hotels they are all the same, small hotel soaps. Also same thin small hotel towels. Will always stay here when I come to Daytona! The price is great. Only complaint is the deposit for non smoking room that was not disclosed up front. Yes all rooms are not created equal but room 119 is the best. On back side of building, could park my car in front of my room door. Not many rooms have this, since parking is on the back side of the building.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Worst service possible. No service actually. We stayed there new years eve because we didn't plan on spending much time in the room and just needed a place to sleep. We had errands to run around town the next morning, but I ended up wandering around the parking lot and hotel grounds for over an hour instead. Someone had parked directly behind our car. I contacted a wrecker service to move it, but they said they needed the hotel's permission. No one would answer the door or phone at the hotel though. Someone finally answered to office door to the hotel and it turned out to be one of their employees/family members that was parked behind me. They're lucky I wasn't in my truck or my Ranchhand would have moved that BMW for them. Won't be back, at least not in a car!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple