“Exceptional Service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“Exceptional Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place is AWESOME! Even though I arrived via a resort package rate, they treated my wife and I very well. The rooms were very nice and we enjoyed this place. First the employees, Rick, Mailie, Daniel, Leslie and then the facilities and amenities. Every stay or visit to Orlando deserves the Nautilus. I rate this an 11 on a scale from 1 to 10.

Room Tip: The rooms to the left of the entrance gives way to the most beautiful sunrise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Angela S, Operations Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. You've made our day! Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Jackson, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

For the past five years we have always had a great experience at the Nautilus.
We have enjoyed the activities the hotel had to offer. This year was somewhat different. The activity director went on vacation the first week of June which seemed odd at the beginning of summer vacations for most Americans. The staff was very friendly and some appolized stating the hotel was doing things different this year since the guest from Canada could no longer come in June July and August. This is sad, we met a lot of good friends from Canada and enjoyed visiting with them each year in June. The manager or whatever her title is was very rude. She walked by guest without speaking. Many of the guest noticed. It seemed to be the topic of "Happy Hour"! This year was "run of the mill" an experience that you get at any hotel, nothing special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Angela S, Operations Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We regret that you feel your most recent stay wasn't quite up to your expectations. Generally, all businesses have slower periods and we are no different. We do have a full time Activity Director that was on vacation but is now back to planning and carrying out various fun things for our guests to participate in. We offer a variety of activities such as Bingo,crafts,pool exercises, pool and beach games. We do hope you you will return next year to enjoy as you have in the past.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I knew ahead of time that this was a place that was a bit geared toward seniors, but I was taking my 70 year old mom and my 4 year old son. I was worried that my son would be a bother, but all guests were pleasant and fun. My family had an excellent time. The rooms and lobby were very clean; the view was beautiful. The patio area and outdoor furniture was updated and nice. The happy hour was fun with live entertainment (an older man with his mic and keyboard) who played mellow versions from all genres. My only notice was that they did not seem prepared for the breakfast. It was only continental yet the lady seemed surprised and unprepared to refill the breakfast bar. She kept waiting until people asked for something, and then just haphazardly brought small amounts back to refill every couple of minutes and this was with at least an hour left of the breakfast time. For instance, when I got there, the breads were all but gone and someone asked for bagels. She went to the back and brought back 4 bagels. So, of course, once those were snatched up, others were asking for some as well. Same with toast and waffles and muffins. She kept going back and forth with small amounts while a line was forming and late risers were filing in. I think that the breakfast should be well stocked for all guests within the time frame, whether you are early or late risers. Other than that, this hotel was one of the two that I can personally recommend to friends. Clean and pleasant and worth the comparable price to know you are not going to end up in a seedy or unkempt place to lay your head.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
It's always so nice to receive such great comments! Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. I agree with you, the view from this property is beautiful. We are pleased to offer our guests a complimentary breakfast and happy hour every day. We are planning to make changes to our breakfast and we're all looking forward to that. Our breakfast attendant is always happy to make sure only the freshest items are available for your enjoyment. Thanks again and we hope to see you again!
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We spent great two days in this hotel and enjoyed it very much. Staff is very nice and accommodating, rooms clean with a little kitchenette where you can make yourself a nice dinner. View from the window is unbelievable and property is nicely groomed. We would go back anytime :)

• 5 of 5 stars
Great to have you as our guests! Hope to see you again as we will be better than ever next time!
Madison, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd year my family and I have stayed here and it is absolutely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. The staff is friendly and always willing to go the extra distance to make sure your stay is a good one. For the price, amenities and being right on the ocean is hands down worth the trip! We've met people that have been coming here every year for the last 20 years. If your looking for a quiet place right on the beach for a good price this is the place to go!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The two women I dealt with at check in were wonderful, got a room on the top floor over looking the ocean and watched the sun rise the next morning, spent most of the day at the beach or at the pool, got some great pictures from our balcony.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for the review! We really do work hard to be an "Outstanding" property. Our staff is wonderful and they really care about your experience. Hope you can visit again soon and don't forget to tell your friends and family about us!
Chillicothe, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had originally booked my trip to stay in a Hotel very near Nautilus. After arriving at the 'OTHER' Hotel and checking I had found it to be very dirty and infested. Upon talking to the lady at the counter the only thing they could offer to do was "come kill them for me". I had at that time decided to locate a different place to stay while on my trip. I had a very tough time finding any openings however located the Nautilus. Some of my money was tied up in the first hotel, and the staff at the Nautilus was VERY understanding. The price was not unreasonable at all, and they helped me through the first couple of days by letting me pay the first two nights separately. The whole staff was very nice and very welcoming.

I will not stay at any other hotel when visiting Daytona Beach, Florida from here on. Even if I have to plan my vacation around their availability! This hotel is VERY VERY clean and employs the best staff!!!

Thank you so much- to the staff at Nautilus Inn, and a special thanks to Chase and Nancy at the Desk! You helped turn a bad trip around!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike L
Angela S, Operations Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review! We are so gald that we were able to make your vacation in Daytona a pleasurable experience and that the Nautilus Inn is now your home away from home. We are looking forward to your future return.