“Nice place to stay”
Review of Nautilus Inn

Nautilus Inn
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed November 27, 2011

My husband, my mother, and I stayed here for a night on our road-trip through Florida. We arrived in early evening and walked into the hotel to see a large gathering of retired folks listening to accordion music. My husband and I are in our mid-thirties and are pretty sure we were the youngest people at the hotel. I think they had a tour group of older people, and that is why there were so many of them. But hey, they were all quiet and didn't party the night away. :)

From check-in to check-out the staff was wonderful. We were in a room that had been recently remodeled and it was fabulous. The only bad part about it was that the bathroom fan was extremely loud and didn't seem to do much. After showering it was like a sauna in the bathroom. There was even a kitchen in our room -which we were not expecting. The pool area was great and just steps down to the beach. Our balcony had a great view and we watched the sun rise and sun set right from our room.

Breakfast was great, I think the muffins were home-made. Again, the breakfast room was dominated by older people discussing things I would rather not hear loudly. We learned all about one lady's issues in the bathroom and another lady's medications. Obviously the hotel has nothing to do with that, but you might want to check to see if they have a tour bus coming in.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room for great views of the sunrise/sunset
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 25, 2011

The Nautilus Inn was fabulous. We went to another hotel first and were completely disappointed. I thought our mini vacation was ruined until we checked in at the Nautilus. Rick at the front desk was great! He showed us the room before we paid. Everyone was friendly. The Room was very nice and very clean. Anytime we go to Daytona we will be staying at the Nautilus Inn!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marcia A
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Found this place after arriving in Daytona Beach and realizing I made a booking at another location that was absolutely terrible.the staff at Nautilus is extremely friendly, the lobby was up to date and clean, and there was plenty of parking. The room had a excellent view of the ocean, was roomy, and also very clean. The crowd was a little older so it is a quiet hotel but everyone was very friendly. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank JoeyMetro
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed here for only one night while i was working in the area. It was a wonderful choice. i wish i had stayed more nights. The hotel staff were very friendly and funny. Rick, Rose and Derrick all were excellent help and courteous and made me and my colleagues feel very comfortable. The other guests at the hotel were very friendly. The only thing i wished was that there was bottled water in the vending machine, and that I had another night to stay and take advantage of the beautiful views. My room rate was very reasonable, but this was an excellent choice at any price.

Room Tip: All room are good and provide an excellent view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JennieHef
Reviewed October 1, 2011

In a rare showing, this hotel meets all the marks and lives up to its reputation. The only thing bad I have to say is that I wish I could have stayed longer. You can tell the staff prides themselves on being helpful, friendly and attentive. The facility itself is beautiful, having recently undergone renovations and the onsite amenities are top notch. Any view is going to be a good one from your balcony. There is a continental breakfast in the morning in an area the has a poolside and beach side view AND a complimentary happy hour in the same room in the evening. There are activities going on through out the day, water aerobics, 'Casino night' and karaoke to name a few. Two thumbs way up and four stars from this reviewer.

Room Tip: get there in time for the happy hour!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ali_Patty
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My family (two adults, 1 teenager) stayed at this inn for four nights to attend the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway. If possible, stay in an ocean front, end room which has two additional sets of windows. We stayed in Room 701, an oceanfront deluxe efficiency with full kitchen amenities, a private oceanfront balcony, very small television, 2 full beds and a living area with queen sofa sleeper. The room was very spacious. The inn is right on the beach and the property has an outdoor pool and hot tub with plenty of lounge chairs and tables. The shuffleboard court was a big hit with my son.

If this hotel made a few changes, it could earn an excellent rating:
- Housekeeping needs to pay attention to details. When my son, pulled out the sofa bed, the linens were used and full of cookie crumbs. To their credit, a staff member came up immediately and changed the linens. The rest of the room, the common areas and the pool area were very clean.
-The inn claims to be recently renovated, but the décor in our room was very dated. It looked like grandma’s house.
-The free continental breakfast needs improvement – more choices, hot items and fresh fruit would be nice.
-The inn needs more than one computer. Every time we wanted to use it, there was a wait.
-A $235.13 room charge each night during race weekend was way too pricey.

A reviewer mentioned that the inn was located in a less than desirable area. All of the Daytona beachfront looks a little seedy. But we liked this area much better than the boardwalk/condo area; we never had a problem and we were out and about every day. This property is a great place to stay and an easy 10 minute drive to the track.

Room Tip: Ask for oceanfront, end room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank jolv
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We enjoyed our trip in Daytpna staying in this cozy hotel. The staff are very pleasant and helpful.There is always trips and events to keep you moving. Dinner here.. shopping there..movies.. bingo...aerobic exercise..and of course shopping.

There is a Cocktail hour everyday in the afternoon. Their breakfast is enough to keep you full that you will skip lunch.

When we got there, we were warmly welcome by the owner herself. She was ready to show us around the hotel. She asked us if we are ready to jump in the water, she was handing us beach towels.

I will highly recommend this to any one.. travelling yourself, couples, or families.

Room Tip: Location of the hotel is now in the crowded area. Some piece of mind..
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple