“Nice room”

Ranked #70 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Grassy Creek, North Carolina
“Nice room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stopped over on our way to jensen, Our room was very clean, provided everything we needed, all but internet and it was down...the girl at the front desk didnt know how to reset it and apparently was not going to call anyone to fix it....everything else was great!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pamela H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Longwood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I am somewhat local. I live in Seminole County. I am also fighting stage IV bi-lateral metastisized breast cancer all the while caring for my adult handicapped son. 2 years ago I was given a 6-8 month death sentence. I then began coming to Daytona - often times solo, with only my thoughts and my Bible - the ocean has always been my place of solitude, healing and peace.
I've stayed in many places in Daytona, including several visits to one inn that had appeared on a National TV show.

I have now found my new "PPP" "Peaceful Place of Prayer"! A few weeks ago I came and because it was off-season, I was able to get one of the oceanfront penthouse suites for an amazing price. It was gorgeous! The kitchen was stocked better than my own!! (I also was able to peek into the suite next door as the housekeeper was cleaning <she had artwork off the wall dusting it!! No lie!> and it was just as beautiful.

I'm in another ocean-front room this week. I'm coming up on some very important scans this week as well as a visit to my cardiologist. (Seems I recently had a heart attack and didn't even realize it with all my other symptoms with cancer and it's treatment.) & ...This room is just as amazing as the penthouse - and traveling alone I actually prefer this layout! It has a separate little bedroom, a powder room, a bathroom, a little foyer and a full kitchen. It even has a blender! Really accommodating staff as well. I decided last minute to stay another day and it was handled easily. This is where I will be staying from now on. Why try to fix what's not broken? My search is over. !! This is the hidden gem of Daytona! :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank LadyW900Ldriver
Birdseye, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

The rooms are all individually owned, so each room is different which is kind of nice. We really like the pool area and like how the parking is not right out front. There is also an indoor pool, which is an added bonus.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms on the North side are better, as you're closer to pool and have the morning sun...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Danny S
Lady Lake, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

It is an older hotel with owned condos. The price was great around $75.00 for a double bed room. I had a full kitchen area. The view was excellent. There is indoor pool as well as outside pool plus beach access. The pools were very clean and maintained. The room was clean and even though not up to date with décor, it just has laid back beach look décor. Will definitely stay again. Super place for families!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Claudia S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This is an older hotel with very basic accommodations. That being said, it was clean and sufficient for our stay, and you cannot beat the beach view/access for the money! Would definitely stay again.
Be aware the office closes at 9pm.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ksrinlv
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very satisfied! Will definitely stay there again- kid friendly- loved the pools. The room was clean and mostly comfortable. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall we were all very impressed with our stay. There was an incident in the pool that required them to be closed to clean and the staff reacted within minutes to fix the problem. Just had to write in and let people know how well the hotel worked out for our group of 14. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: We got adjoining rooms 230 and 231
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Vegas s
Fairmont, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Don't waste your time. I paid for one night, just to see how it would go. Good thing. The room was gross- dirty and a hodge poge of decor just last minute thrown on the walls. We placed out belongings on the bed and my daughter and I saw a bug crawl across the night stand. I just couldn't chance staying there. So, we left. The next morning I went and got my money back, as the front desk was already closed. The people at the front desk spoke to each other in a different language (I think Russian) in front of me as I was getting my money back. It kind of made me feel uncomfortable. Oh well. We went and stayed at Comfort Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family