“Sea dip worth the money, depending on the room you get”

Sea Dip Beach Resort and Condominiums
Ranked #44 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
fl
“Sea dip worth the money, depending on the room you get”
Reviewed June 11, 2008

spent the long weekend at the sea dip
Our room was newly remodeled and pleasant... some rooms are old with dirty carpet so make sure you ask for one with tile!
out door pool was just re-opened after remodeling and the location is very good , right on the beach 2 miles south of boardwalk.
good value for the price

• Liked — the beach and location
  • Disliked — if i had the money i would stay at 5 star hotel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank tcatflyer

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
home
Reviewed March 2, 2008

good hotel for price and it is clean. we stay there 2 times a year.
reasturant across the street.

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — noisy refrigerator
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2007

We LOVED the Dip! We stayed 3 days and it was wonderful! We originally had the ultra deluxe suite but found it wasnt what we wanted (ie: no real good sea view) and switched rooms on the second night without any hassle to a balcony suite with a sea view. AWESOME! Everything is well lit, and yes, it is away from the hub-bub so there was no issue with party people, etc. There is an fenced outdoor pool with a shallow kiddie pool and fresh water outdoor shower on the deck plus an indoor pool with beautiful sea creature murals as well. I did not see any bugs at all as noted by other people who have commented. Both our suites were immaculate, including the beds (which appeared almost new). We found leaving the balcony doors open to the ocean beeze left our suite drenched in condensation where ever there was hard surfaces including the floor tiles in the kitchenette area (be careful!) . The airconditioning functionned extremely well when we needed it and the balcony had 2 chairs plus a tiny table for cups. The beach is accessable via locked gate which is opened by your room key only; as was the pool enclosure. Bonus: the beach gate has a tiny light by the locks for people who frequent the beach by night. FYI: elevators are extremely slow in the southside building. Beach ramp access to drive on the beach was less than 1/4 mile away and there were restaurants within walking distance. If you can handle a slightly shabby decor, try Sherry's restaurant for the all you can eat breakfast buffet across the street and about 1 block south. Alternately, go about 2 miles north to the main shops area in Daytona and look for the MAI TAI lounge/bar in the movie theatres complex building. The entire place is on the second floor and open to the ocean breezes as well as the beach Band Shell. (there were no performances when we were there) Also Bubba Gump's and Quizno's and Johnny Rocket's diner in the same complex.
Be sure to note the dates of the October annual motorcycle rally, Biketoberfest. Rooms are likely to be snapped up quick during this week. (we missed it by 2 weeks)

We loved the Dip and would choose it again for sure!

• Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Sassix
Kentucky
Reviewed July 9, 2007

June 26-28, 2007 --
I give our stay a 3 -or- 4. After reading some of these postings, I will have to say our visit was just fine. For starters- Just because the sign says "resort" don't roll in thinking that you're going to be staying at the Taj-Mahaul! The Sea Dip is a bit run down (afterall its been through a massive hurricane and lived to tell about it...) but from everything we saw during our 3 day stay there, it was just what we wanted. The location was about a mile and a half south of the Main St. Pier (you can see it in the distance) on A1A, so if you are traveling with children you are away from the more "party" crowd- especially at night. The people and staff were really friendly and made us feel welcomed! Of course the first place the kids wanted to look at was the pool and the beach.... both impressively clean! We were there during the middle of the last week of June 2007 and our kids had the pool pretty much all to themselves. There was no one there doing activities with the kids ...like some of the other resorts do... but that was fine with us! Very nice well kept poolside area and chairs. Access to the pool from our room was approximately 50ft. and about a 100ft. from the entrance steps to the beach. Both the pool and the beach gates are key-entries. There is a water hose when you come back up from the beach where you can stop and spray the sand off. There is also a very nice, clean outdoor grilling area with 4 large charcoal grills right next to the pool. You might want to line the grill surface with heavy tinfoil, but otherwise they were very clean. The parking area is well lit at night.

The fact that we were trying to get the most bang for our buck brought us to The Seadip and we got what we wanted. It's a quiet place with older couples or families who stay there for long periods of time. Other rooms that are privately owned and aren't being used are leased out to vacationers like us. We were out and about most of the time so we really didn't need to sink alot of money into a place to snack, sleep, and bathe. For the money you couldn't beat the value. The room was clean and neat in appearance. It looked like it had been recently remodeled. There was only a stand up shower in our room, but being that close to the beach that was fine... its better for getting the sand washed out of hair and clothes. The beds could use new mattresses, but otherwise I don't think anyone had any trouble sleeping! There were no bugs in our room other than some very small ants (very few!). Being right next to the beach there's really not much you can do about a thing like that. If that sort of thing bothers you, stop and buy a room fogger and set it off before you unload your things in your room. Since I had been to the beach several times before, I knew to bring air tight ziplock bags to keep foods in. I fixed a huge breakfast two of the days we stayed there. The appliances were old but worked just fine. The kitchenette was adequate and had everything we needed to get through our visit. Parking is excellent and easy to get into and out of from the street.

If you are planning to stay here and use the kitchen for cooking, etc... you might want to throw in some heavy tinfoil, large and small good ziplock bags for storage, and don't forget to stop at the grocery! There's a huge Publix grocery store north and south of the Seadip. It really does save money if you're not always eating "out".

A few things to mention: The Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. If you have never seen a lighthouse in person before... it is humbling. Do a search on this lighthouse for more information and exact directions. Its about 10-15 minutes from the Seadip and worth taking the time to go see it! You will pass the entrance/parking lot for the "Sunglow Pier" which has a full service resturant called "Crabby Joe's"...great food, great prices, casual attire, and a very unique dining experience! The Main St. Pier is north from the Sea Dip about a mile and a half. It's definately a must see! If you have never ran the coastline up A1A toward St. Augustine, its worth the trip! Beautiful!! St. Augustine is awesome!!

Susan
Kentucky

• Liked — The location and the kitchenette in the room.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank table4four
Atlanta
Reviewed July 24, 2006

We love the Sea Dip. My family and I have stayed there several times and will go back again and again.

• Liked — Very comfortable beds and plenty of towels
  • Disliked — Pool was not open for 3 days due to pump repairs.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank lovin'daytona
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2006

June,3 2006
Well where do I begin?
The rooms were outdated and moldy yes, I said moldy, with bugs stuck to the walls gnats to be exact.
They made an effort to make it right but it went from abd to worse when, returning from being gone all day we came back to find roaches in our room.
When I tried to contact someone in charge the president lied and said she wasn't in charge but ultimatly made the final decision to give us our money back for the 4 days we refused to stay, were she not the one in charge how was that authorized?
When we returned the next day to try and get our money back for the previous night (since we left at 11pm) the presidents husband began yelling at me in the lobby of the hotel in front of my 8 yr old daughter, he also was not in charge but had no problem waling behind the desk and into the office.
We left that night and never looked back my review is that this place needs some serious help with the exception of the front desk clerks Shay and Estelle other than that I would never saty here and I would tell that to anyone.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2006

Don't even think about staying at the Sea Dip Beach Resorts & Condos on South Atlantic in Daytona Beach! Sleep in your car if need be, but don't check into what the locals in Daytona call the "Sea Dump". And now I know why.I planned a vacation for myself, my daughter and granddaughter ever since January of this year. I looked at all the hotels/motels in Daytona Beach, where my sister happens to live. I found the rates to be somewhat higher than last year, so I thought I would give this place a try. Don't judge this 'hole in the wall' by the pictures on line. We arrived at the hotel about 11:00PM. Finding 3 police cars in the lot, gave me a shutter, but I still went in and checked in. Went to the room, only to open the door and find mold all across the ceiling and dead bugs in spider webs over the one bed. We called to let them know about this and they told me that they would move us to another room. I sent my daughter to look at the next room, since she is a professional housekeeper. She came back and said that the second room seemed to be nice enough, so we loaded all the luggage back on the cart and went to the next room, which was in the next building. (I could not help my daughter with the moving, having had 4 major back surgeries and my granddaughter is only 8 years old.) We moved into the second room, ground floor, no ocean view as I had requested on the first room and no change in price to be on the ground floor. We were so exhausted by this time, we collapsed, knowing that the next day we were off to Tampa to see my Aunt, who just had major surgery. So we were gone all the next day. Came back to the room and my daughter turned on the light and low and behold a cockroach! My granddaughter said she was sleeping in the car and would not stay there. Fifteen minutes later, another. This one my daughter smashed and put in a plastic bag and put in the freezer to show the front desk personnel. The girl from the front desk did come down to the room to see us and tell us how sorry she was, but did not have anyother rooms to give us. I told her we were not staying there another minute that we were moving to another hotel. My daughter went into the kitchen area to check to make sure we did not forget anything and opened the cupboard doors, only to find the entire cupboard area "infested" with roaches!! Not the palmetto bugs you see in Florida, but Roaches! I don;'t live with roaches and did not intend to stay in a room with them that I was paying for on my vacation. We checked out immediately and went to another hotel, for the same price and it was totally lovely! I went back the next day with my daughter to get my credit on my credit card, and they gave it, but only part of it and not the deposit which I had give in January So, I paid for three nights, only stayed two and they wanted us to stay with mold, dead bugs in spider webs and roaches.I would highly caution anyone from being taken in by this hotel ( and I use that term lightly). This should be condemmed by the City. If I did not know better, having stayed in Daytona and lived in Port Orange, I would not be going back to this area again. The Chamber of Commerce should be aware that this hotel, giving a first impression is not good for that area. And the Health Dept. should close them down. This as my daughter said, is totally unacceptable and unliveable. We will be sending them the cockroach we kept as evidence, just so they know we did not take anything that did not belong to us!
Run, hide, change your plans, but do not say at this 'so called gem on the beach".

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#4 of 73 in Daytona Beach
Harbour Beach Resort
Harbour Beach Resort
#34 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to Sea Dip Beach Resort and Condominiums? Share your experiences!