“Standard Muni”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Standard Muni”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Pretty much a standard municipal course in Florida. Price is right and if you know what to expect you'll have a good experience.

36 holes, we played the "South" course. Lots of open, straightforward holes, not too much water, plenty of sand around the greens. Fairways and tee boxes in pretty good shape, greens were slow with a few rough spots but not too bad overall.

Small range with mats, but saw a couple people hitting from the grass in front of them. Automated ball machine. Couple putting and chipping areas for practice, decent carts, a little older but plenty of pep. Restaurant and bar inside, beverage cart running around but only saw her a couple times during the round and by late afternoon she was gone.

Big pro shop with lots of gear and apparel for sale, starters booth and ranger making the rounds. Typical slacker crowd, dress code lightly enforced and etiquette not a top priority.

Bathrooms and water fountains along the course.

Good for beginners, hackers, and vacation family or couples golf.

Visited September 2012

Palm Coast, Florida, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Always, always a worthwhile outing”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

One of the best municipal golf courses, if not the best, in the greater Daytona Beach area. Reasonably priced and there's always an online coupon. Two courses, North and South are different enough to want to play both. We've played both courses throughout the year and they always in great shape. The North course can be a little soggy after a rain storm but it drains fairly well. Everyone at the course is friendly and courteous. The restaurant is a good place for food and not just a dog and a soda at the turn ($5) but a good sit down selection including a salad bar.

Visited August 2012
“Challenge course”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

It was a challencing course. Esp the north couese. They were flexable and tried to work me in when i woke up and changed plans.

ont can
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“good course”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

this course has 36 holes we booked online and got a good deal $20 a person which includes cart if you want. we like to walk .w e weren't paired with another twosome. the south courts is good for people who want to just golf and not pretend they are pros wewaited a bit the back nine but not too bad not too much water the staff is friendly and the pro shop is big enjoyed the game we will go back

Visited January 2012
Lancashire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Reasonable golf course at affordable prices”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We stayed in Daytona Beach for 3 nights, after spending 11 nights in Orlando. The intention was to soak up some sun and relax before coming back to England. This was our 4th and perhaps last visit to Florida, and I have never played any golf there. I quite fancied a game, so I booked online for Saturday afternoon using my credit card and the green fee was $15 including a cart!!! I had no clubs with me so I rented a set of basic clubs for $22 or so upon arrival at the course at approx 2.30pm. Pro shop staff were very nice. Course was so quiet they let me play on my own. I let one lady past who looked like she knew where she was going. There was nobody in front of me until the 15th hole, but that fourball let me through.

I played the South Course. You have to remember it's a public course so it's not Bay Hill, but it was a great experience in 90 degree heat. I wore a collered shirt, tailored shorts and training shoes, which was ok.

Take a damp flannel and a hand towel with you to help keep you cool. There is a cold drinks cart which is always around.

Make sure though on the first tee that you don't top the ball into the pond in front of the starters hut though like I did!!!!

2 Thank gav1967