“fine dining”

Chez Paul
Ranked #81 of 376 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A blend of gourmet French and Italian food prepared and beautifully presented. Some of the dishes are even prepared tableside, such as our fresh, crisp Caesar Salad, Bananas Foster and Cherries Jubilee. From steaks to pasta to seafood, there is something on the menu for everyone. Visit our restaurant, and prepare to have a true fine dining experience.
Marathon, Florida
“fine dining”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The finest dining experience I have ever had, including Paris.
From beginning to end....3 hours plus... beginning with a restaurant tour, great conversation with Chef Paul and his staff, Pesto and Pasta, sauteed scallops, a fabulous Caesar salad... prepared at the table by Paul... the extraordinary Filet Bearnaise and finally the chocolate souffle dessert.
I am a big fan of Steak Bearnaise and Chef Paul's is the best ever.
What a great dining experience!!! Thanks Paul. Say Hello to your Mom! Nancy and Daren, Marathon, Fl

• Visited November 2012

warsaw
“A Pearl of Great Price”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We met friends of ours from Key West in Daytona Beach for a week of relaxation and eating as 2 of us are foodies. Our friends have traveled extensively by boat and air and I am fortunate to have also traveled in many countries besides North and South America. My good friend likes French food and I never understood why until Chez Paul opened my taste buds to the exquisite 5 sauces and their juxtapositioning for an incredible variety of tastes. Paul, the owner, gave us a free lexture and treated us to a variety of menu items so the 3 & 1/2 hours went fast. Yes, we went in early not knowing reservations didn't start till later and he still rolled out the red carpet for us and our beautiful wives. We started out with his selection of red wine not found in Publix and a whiskey sour for me, the MO redneck. The Caesar Salad was mixed at the table with explanations of why we should always side with the Marines as both Paul and daughter were marines. Next a lovely lady (Paul's mother) looking about 70, actually 91, was waiting on our table and even explained how she was hostess for the conservative New York Buckley family loved her being their live-in hostess for years. Her suggestion of anise liquor mixed with our after dinner coffee was excellent. We had an appetizer, pasta, soup, exquisite entres (filet mignons for the men) and chicken and fish dishes with appropriate sauces for the ladies. Had seconds if you want on the Portugese bread with olive oil dipping sauce mixed with herbs. Paul's son in the kitchen even had some sorbet sneaked in after his home made turkey and vegetable soup between courses and I had to end the night with creme brulet and a chocolate treat for our chocoholic friends. They are spoiled by CA and are used to delight-giving food as he works in San Francisco as an architect and they lived in San Diego.. Just sprinkle on some Prozac for me and I will eat anything and be in a good mood as I sell drugs for a living....a pharmacist. We missed Paul's weekly radio program on Monday but should I had called in I would have invited any that were listening, love to eat and be treated as special guests with a view of the Halifax River to visit Chez Paul.

• Visited November 2012
Moultrie, Georgia
“20 years and worth the wait”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

September 19th 1992 we met the owner Paul on the patio of his restaurant where he preformed our marriage ceremony. At that time in our lives we could not afford to eat there. October 25th of 2012 we were treated to a wonderful eating experience at Daytona Beaches finest French American restaurant. Paul and his staff prepared one of the most amazing meals consisting of fresh calimari, carpasi salad with amazing mozzarella, and for our entrie I had a herb encrusted tenderloin and snapper encrusted with parmasian. My wife who arranged this without my knowledge had ahi seared tuna that melted in your mouth. The event was 20 years in the making and if you find yourself in Daytona Beach and want an amazing meal with a first class Daytona Beach experience check out Chez Paul's and let Chef Paul know Bart and Lynne send their best regards. Bon appetite.

“A Not-To-Be Missed Dining Experience”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My neighbor and I rode to Daytona Beach this past weekend as participants in the MS 150 charity bicycle ride, and after pedaling 85 miles on the way down we badly needed a great dining experience. Chez Paul fit the bill and offered far more. The service was prompt and friendly in a relaxed manner. The meals were excellent and reasonably priced (the chef/owner even prepared a pasta medley when my friend couln't make up his mind). Special touches were added throughout the meal, and all were unique and delicious from a penne starter to Portuguese bread to cleansing sorbet. Our bottle of Amarone was wonderful and fairly priced. This place is a treasure which shouldn't be missed if you visit Daytona.

Orlando, Florida
“Phenomenal!”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Talked about coming here, never did, now not so sure why!!! The food was so delicious, service was terrific! What a wonderful date night with my husband! We met some really nice folks dining as well. The chef gave us the specials, the food overall was well prepared and presented. Service friendly, caring and attentive, We felt like we were at a friends home not a restaurant! I definately recommend this restaurant for any occasion- great experience too bad most in Daytona won't appreciate it!!!