“great place”

Happy Holiday Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
Happy Holiday Motel
Ranked #62 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed August 9, 2012

want to give shout-out to this wonderful motel,,,very clean, very friendly, ver safe,across street from beach & a great price only 185.oo a week...i want to come back to live there,u and ure husband made me felt so welcome, ure are both such hard worker/owners...runnning both places and still make time to make sure everyone is taking care of,,,everything clean and safe,,thank u very much ....will see you both real soon again....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Happy Holiday Motel

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Gloria is gone new managers are very friendly and helpful. Very nice makes sure you have nice friendly experience. Ask everyday if need anything. Clean rooms not fancy but nice. Will be back. Owners are the nicest people. Felt very safe lady at front desk watches lot round clock.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 5, 2012

today is june the 5 my family and i were moving down to fl from tn we had gotten here on may the 10th the price was 200 for a room with a kitchen it was not a bad price to have the beach and enough room for 2 adults and 3 kids and still be able to cook full meals when we moved in here gloria was the manager here she was wonderfull to is as long as you respected her she respected you she decided to leave here about 3 or 4 days ago altho we still decided to stay friends because she was so helpfull to us we didnt feel alone anymore when she was around well today when we were about to pay the rent for the next week to the male owner of the place he said he didnt want it he wanted us out now we ever caused any trouble here we were always on time and when i asked yesterday to the same man about the rent cause we thought we were going to have to pay day to day he said wed work something out but all of a suden because gloria was here talking to us he wouldnt take the full week i was gonna pay for the floors of this place are discusting but as long as you wore 3 pairs of socks a day ur feet would stay clean the air works kinda if you are gonna stay here just watch whom ur friends with cause apparently theycan tell u who to be friends with and whom you can not talk to ju st watch ur back

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kenneth G
Reviewed May 25, 2012

when we first got to the motel, we met Gloria, the manager. Well of course to get u to rent one of the rooms, shes sweet as pie.We went into this knowing that in 3 days time we would be switched to a bigger room. But once she gets you into a room, everything changes since they have a NO REFUND policy. So once your signed in and walk into that room, she begins acting like she is doing you a favor letting you stay there. We sign in and got put into a room, it was nice that it had a kitchen, but once i decided to kick off my shoes and walk from the bed to the kitchen, literally in that short walk, my socks were black underneath from the dirty rug. we made a trip to the store to buy $15 and cleaned the whole room before we would stay after the dirty sock situation. The first night there wasnt too bad, besides the rock hard bed it was pretty quiet over night. But of course morning came, and all u heard was the manager Gloria walking back and forth by the doors talking very loud at about 9 am. #5... ok yes it was bigger, but again we broke out the cleaning supplies. we got settled in and decided to sit outside with a few of the other people staying at the motel.. Well my fiancee goes inside to use the bathroom, we had the window open to air the room out, well as my fiancee is using the bathroom she looks up and there is a man in the window staring down at her... come to find out from Gloria there has been a homeless man living behind the building and they had known about it but didnt feel the need to warn anyone. So definetly not a safe place for women, come to find out the man is a known sex offender... Gloria does like to get into everyones personal business then go from room to room spreading everyones business and causing drama. and does like to act as though she owns the motel, when the real owners are right next door, so if u do decide to stay at this place, just know the property owners are right next door at happy holiday motel 2 and you should take all of your complaints to them if you want results or need basic toiletries.. Oh and if you do have words with her, know she brags of being a retired police officer and tries to use that to intimidate people. Avoid paying for a weekly rate right away, stay atleast a day or 2 before you commit to a weekly payment because it wont take long for you to see Glorias true colors and you dont want to be stuck not being able to get a refund....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ChuloBeba
Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

What a mean and nasty manager,Gloria. She runs it by herself and acts like she hates every second of it. She calls it her hotel or her house although the real owners are next door. Very nice people, but Gloria is insane. She wont give you anything you need or ask for so take all of your own stuff. She couldnt pay me to stay there again. Horrible,horrible service.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Tellthetruthb
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Cost wise with a kitcen this place is awesome. 200$ a week for a room with a decent kitchen that allows me to cook for myself and my children. Cleanliness is not so great. The room service (changing of towels and claning of the floors) is horrible. If you ask for clean towels daily, Gloria gives you an "are you serious" attitude and has twice informed me that they "do no change out towels everyday". The vac is only run once a week and it was a big deal when I wanted my sheets changed after being in this room 10 days. I have yet to see them mop the kitchen and bathroom floors which today turned a brand new white pair of socks black in less than 5 minuets. The sheets that they say are clean not only feel dirty, they do not have a fresh smell to them and the comforters have not been washed in a very long time. I have twice now informed Gloria that my air conditioner is freezing only to be told it was brand new last summer and to stop opening my door. I am hardly ever here and the a/c is freezing over at night when set at 75. I was told tonight that there is a brand new one to be installed but not told when. Needless to say, its about 80 degrees outside and easily 90 in the room that has NO screens to be able to keep the windows open. There is supposed to be free wifi yet 5 different cell phones on 2 dfferent carriers can't pick up the wifi and neither can a fairly new laptop. There are NO landlines in these rooms so if you don't have a cell phone you better hope you don't have an emergency. When I came into the kitchen and saw no dishes or pots and pans, I asked about this and was told by Gloria they were not supplied. Guess you better pack the camping gear or plan to buy things to cook and eat with. Over all, this place is a dump. I will be talking to Mary tomorow and looking for another place to stay if conditions do not improve drastically as of tomorrow.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank MamaG14
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The lady at the front desk treats you as if shes doing you a favor letting you stay. If u ask for toilet paper shes very rude. I asked her for a broom at 1pm she yelled at me. Very uncomfortable stay. Dont waste your money. She walks around the parking lot all day like a drill sargeant. Terrible service.

• Stayed: February 2012
#7 of 17 in Daytona Beach
Skyway Motel
Skyway Motel
#46 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to Happy Holiday Motel? Share your experiences!