“exellent home made sauce!!!”
Review of Pasta Amore - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pasta Amore
Cuisines: Italian
A TripAdvisor Member
“exellent home made sauce!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2006

we saw the ad for pasta amore restaurant on the penny saver, so we decided to try, me and my family. we ordered six specials, a homemade meat lasagnia, and a vegetable lasagna. we were overwelmed by the portions. the sauce was deliciously good!!!, it really tasted homemade with lot`s of flavor, the lasagnas were exellent,the wegetable soup was better than home made.
the garlic bread, on kaiser rolls wasexellent,nice and crispy and the salad bar was o.k nice touch with great wine selection on each table.
beautiful bar but no barthender?
nice display of exellent italian imported prociutto,mortadella,provolone etc.
has abeautiful lounge,50es styles ,very cozy,definitively going back to try other
goodys on the menu`.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Pasta Amore or Pasta No More”
Reviewed April 19, 2006

After seeing a newspaper article about a new restaurant in town and a picture of the owner making fresh pasta, six of us decided to give it a try. Here we go with the review. First, the restaurant is in a strip center, next door to a day labor. We arrived at 5:00 as were many people coming back from their day labor jobs. We went inside and there was no customers inside (the restaurant opens earlier in the day for lunch also). Seating was not a problem. The owner introduced himself and said it would be a few minutes for our waiter because the waitress didn’t show up and they were getting a kitchen person to help take orders. While waiting for this, one man and one woman used the respective bathrooms. They were clean but no paper towels in either one. After about 10 minutes our “waiter” came to our table. He admitted he also was not a bartender but would try to make our drinks for us. One person ordered a Stoly vodka and he wasn’t sure what that was but he said he would look for it. One ordered a vodka and cranberry or grapefruit. He wasn’t sure they had it but he would look. (This turned out to be about a 4 oz. drink, including the ice). We eventually had two rounds of drinks and then it was time to order some dinner with the “fresh” pasta. Three ordered the special ($4.99) which says: “all you can eat pasta w/marinara sauce with soup, house salad and garlic toast with the coupon off the internet”. The salad was a salad bar that appeared to have been cleaned out from the lunch crowd. Most of the side items for it were almost empty, but the waiter did put a few more tomatoes in one. The cut up romaine lettuce was green but sitting in a bowl of ice water and you had to use tongs and shake it first before putting it in the bowl.

Then, our soup came to the table – crab minestrone. None of us could see the crab in the soup but it was probably there. The soup had no flavor to it and many of us could not finish it. A half carafe of chablais house wine was ordered and was flat and a weird color. It was returned for house chardonnay – not much better but acceptable. The garlic toast was delivered and it was heavily coated with something. The three specials received their dinner and it was not spaghetti, but ziti pasta with sauce on it. All three agreed the pasta tasted like cardboard and did not finish their dinner. I had a spaghetti carbonara. I saw fresh pancetta in the deli cooler and thought it would be a good choice. I did not have ziti pasta but had spaghetti pasta. The plate was overwhelmed with pancetta and some of the egg pieces looked like a baked scrambled egg. And the plate had been baked in the over making the topping crusty and I could not twirl my noodles. I had to cut them in pieces with a knife. One person had a veal dinner that had no taste and I don’t know what the last person had, I was too involved in my own dinner. It was now reaching about 7:00 (two hours later) and there were no other customers that had come inside. We declined desert and as we were getting ready to go a few people started to come in. We went to pay and surprise, the credit card machine wasn’t working (as was the waitress, etc.) There are no plans for any of us to return to this restaurant and think it should be renamed, “Pasta No More”

5 Thank norme-ormond