“Very nice place to stay”

Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the same hotel twice so far. First time was 2012 and second time about a month ago. Staff is pretty nice and it is very nice place to stay and clean too. They serve breakfast every morning and also they serve complimentary dinner three nights in a row. The only thing that I don't like about this hotel is the swimming pool is not that big and also keep in mind that Daytona speedway racetrack is close to a hotel, so when you book make sure there are no race, because it would be so loud. Other than that if you go to beach, which I did, it takes you about 3 miles, which I didn't mind at all. Hotels at the beach are more expensive and they don't provide enough room for family of five, especially for the price that I booked at Residence Inn. Well, keep up the good work.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tolirich
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Good Day....

Thank you for your recent stay with us. From your comments, it seems like you were here with your family and I am happy to hear that we provided you with the product and service you needed to have a great stay.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. You couldn't have said it better... our hotel is in a great location, whether you are coming in for business, flying in from out ot town, going to the beach or going to Daytona International Speedway. We are in such an ideal location, guests have quick and easy access to all that Daytona has to offer!

Again, thank you so much for staying with us. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

the room is amazing and a lot pace.i enjoyed my stay, the breakfast yummy..... the housekeeper very nice, is a lot parking, and the frontdesk people very funny and nice... is a good place for rest and feeling at home

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leymir
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for this great review as well as for choosing Residence Inn for your recent trip to Daytona Beach. There are a lot of hotel options in the area and we are thankful you gave us the opportunity to WOW you with our product and service.

You couldn't have said it any better! From our spacious, newly renovated product to our superior Associates, Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport has it all! We are so thankful that your experience was a true representation of all that we have to offer our guests.

Please be sure to visit us again when you are in the Daytona Beach area. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I was in Daytona Beach area for about six days on a personal trip. I had stayed at this Residence Inn once before and enjoyed my stay so I came back. The room was great. However the owners of this hotel are reinvesting their profits: the first time I stayed here they were working on the exterior of the building; this trip they were rehabbing the rooms. They were working on the upper levels and I was on the first floor so no problem there, but they were also remodeling a large part of the lobby area near the breakfast buffet area so you had to take your food to a nearby meeting room and adjacent area. A small hassle for breakfast and the evening reception (which is included in the rate). The staff was very helpful and apologetic for any problems with the construction process. Bill at the front desk is a treasure. I will return again.

Room Tip: Call the front desk and see if the rehab/construction of the rooms is still going on. This hotel ha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank FEDRoadWarrior

Greetings!

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time to complete your review on TripAdvisor.com. Seeing how this was a repeat visit for you, I also wanted to thank you for your continued patronage at our hotel as well as Marriott hotels worldwide!

As of June 6th, we have completed the renovation to which you had referred. It is always challenging to run and operate a hotel during a renovation. However, we made every effort to ensure our guests were not inconvenienced and that they received all of the services for which they paid. While the breakfast and social experience were a little altered with regards to their location, we felt it was necessary to keep to our standards during the transition. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

Please come visit us again when you are in Daytona Beach. We are looking forward to the opportunity to serving you again in the very near future!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Second time at this hotel and would stay again. Clean comfortable rooms just renovated about 2 months ago. Staff was amazingly helpful and pleasant. Breakfast area nice, but variety wasn't terrific, but ok. Evening socials were wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Greetings!

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write us such a great review on TripAdvisor.com!

We are very proud of our newly renovated hotel and I love to hear that you enjoyed it as well. You said it perfectly when you mentioned that our staff is "amazing." We have the best associates in all of Daytona Beach and I happy to hear that your experience proves that.

Please come visit us again soon. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great location next to raceway. Clean and comfortable beds. Free breakfast and evening social. Close to mall and restaurants but not to beach. Friendly staff. Nice outdoor pool. A good, clean place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Greetings...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for the great review on TripAdvisor.com.

Our services and amenities are second to none and our Associates are the best in the Daytona Beach area. As you mentioned, we are not located on the beach, but we are just a short drive away.

Please come and stay with us again soon when you visit the Daytona Beach area. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very nice and clean. Appear to be new or newly remodeled . location is right across from the speedway and airport, but a little distance from the beach. The only reason I didn't give this hotel one more star, was the breakfast. It is only open until 930 on the weekend. From 830 on, it was too packed to even sit down because everyone was trying to eat before they ended it. I think it should be open another hour on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Vinny0014
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing Residence Inn for your recent trip to Daytona Beach. Also, thank you for giving us feedback on your experience.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with our breakfast was not to your expectations. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and we do offer breakfast at different hours on weekends as compared to week days. Unfortunately, there are times that we experience a higher volume of guests who would like to eat at the same time. In those instances, it does get busy, but I assure you that this does not happen all the time. It is unfortunate that this was your experience, and I apologize for that.

When traveling back to the Daytona Beach area, it would be wonderful if you were to give us another chance. If you do, please contact me directly at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949 so I can personally see to your reservation and accommodations.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Very comfortable, friendly service, friendly staff in most areas. No view of the city but very relaxing area. The beach is about 5miles but then you can drive ON the beach. Loved Daytona and will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us this great feedback.

As you observed, our company and our Associates are focused on conservation, with regards to recylcling as well as conserving water and utilizing less detergents. While you may not see recycling bins throughout the property, I assure you that we are recycling everything from cardboard to newspaper to cans and bottles. We also, as you mentioned, work with our guests to try and conserve water usage and detergents in our laundry with our towel re-use initiative. It is not required by our guests, but it is offered in case the guest would like to do their part as well.

Again, thank you for your recent visit. Please come see again when you are in the Daytona Beach area. We look forward to serving you again in the future!