Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #29 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great location next to raceway. Clean and comfortable beds. Free breakfast and evening social. Close to mall and restaurants but not to beach. Friendly staff. Nice outdoor pool. A good, clean place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Greetings...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for the great review on TripAdvisor.com.

Our services and amenities are second to none and our Associates are the best in the Daytona Beach area. As you mentioned, we are not located on the beach, but we are just a short drive away.

Please come and stay with us again soon when you visit the Daytona Beach area. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Alex Freid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pooler, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very nice and clean. Appear to be new or newly remodeled . location is right across from the speedway and airport, but a little distance from the beach. The only reason I didn't give this hotel one more star, was the breakfast. It is only open until 930 on the weekend. From 830 on, it was too packed to even sit down because everyone was trying to eat before they ended it. I think it should be open another hour on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vinny0014
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing Residence Inn for your recent trip to Daytona Beach. Also, thank you for giving us feedback on your experience.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with our breakfast was not to your expectations. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and we do offer breakfast at different hours on weekends as compared to week days. Unfortunately, there are times that we experience a higher volume of guests who would like to eat at the same time. In those instances, it does get busy, but I assure you that this does not happen all the time. It is unfortunate that this was your experience, and I apologize for that.

When traveling back to the Daytona Beach area, it would be wonderful if you were to give us another chance. If you do, please contact me directly at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949 so I can personally see to your reservation and accommodations.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. We look forward to serving you in the future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Very comfortable, friendly service, friendly staff in most areas. No view of the city but very relaxing area. The beach is about 5miles but then you can drive ON the beach. Loved Daytona and will be back.

Green Features: Didn't see any bins for recycling setup. There was a note about reusing towels to conserve water if you wanted to.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us this great feedback.

As you observed, our company and our Associates are focused on conservation, with regards to recylcling as well as conserving water and utilizing less detergents. While you may not see recycling bins throughout the property, I assure you that we are recycling everything from cardboard to newspaper to cans and bottles. We also, as you mentioned, work with our guests to try and conserve water usage and detergents in our laundry with our towel re-use initiative. It is not required by our guests, but it is offered in case the guest would like to do their part as well.

Again, thank you for your recent visit. Please come see again when you are in the Daytona Beach area. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

My son, dad and I stayed three nights during the Coke Zero 400 race weekend and wow this hotel is close to the speedway. We stayed in room 107 wheel chair room and found the room to be very clean, quiet and had a comfy bed. The breakfast was excellent and the pool was warm but not too hot that you can not cool off. The hot tub was actually hot!

I am not one to complain about the service received however the housekeeping staff is why I did not give this hotel an excellent rating. Each day we came back to find our beds made garbage emptied but no extra toilet paper, if there was half a roll on the wall she never left an extra roll, good thing there was some Kleenex... The shower head sprayed the ceiling and wall as it was not threaded on properly with tape to prevent a pressure leak. The turntable in the microwave did not turn to cook our food, we hade to stop it and turn the food old school. These are issues that we should not have to go and talk to the desk about on our vacation.

We paid $379 a night for two of the three nights as it was race weekend however the pool area needed service due to the number of people using it towels, sweep the pool deck for the palm seeds that hurt your feet when stepped on... there should have been more staff on the take care of the pool!

We will look at other hotels in the area due to the price charged for race weekend next July when we fly down from Canada to watch the race however if they fix the issues listed it is a very convenient hotel if going to the speedway!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Miller-Time-CDN
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for choosing Residence Inn for your recent trip to Daytona Beach and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had problems in your suite with regards to housekeeping and maintenance. We strive to ensure that all of our guests leave our hotel after having an outstanding experience with regards to our product and our service. I am sorry to hear that our efforts fell short with your experience.

I will be looking into the issues you experienced in your sute further to ensure that they are not experienced by future guests. We will review the shower head as well as the microwave to address any issues prior to allowing future guests to use that suite. We will also address the service problems you experienced with our Housekeeping team as well as the Engineering team that takes care of our pool area so we can isolate any gaps in service and correct them immediately.

Again, thank you for letting us know how we can improve our hotel for future guests. When you are ready to come back to the Daytona Beach area, please let me know and I will personally review your suite to ensure everything is your expectations. If you would like to discuss this with me further, I can be reached at alex.freid@marriott.com or at (386) 252-3949. We are eager to have you visit again and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Awesome experience. We stayed here during my daughter's cheerleading tournament. After cutting a joke with Bob the desk agent, we shared a laugh. Bob gave us an amazing room overlooking turns 3 & 4. He also was kind enough to give my daughter a handful of jelly belly candies after she showed interest in them. As a person who comes from a hospitality background, Bob is the type of man who exemplifies hospitality. Well done!

Room Tip: Attempt to get a room with a view of the speedway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FSUPilot
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your recent trip to Daytona Beach and also thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review on TripAdvisor!

Our team of Associates here in Daytona Beach is second to none. It does not surprise me that your experience with service was outstanding. I will make sure your comments are shared with the team so they can see how their hard work pays off.

Please come and stay with us again the next time you are in Daytona Beach! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Spent four days at the Residence Inn by Marriott at Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport and like the name says, it is, literally, right next to the Speedway and Airport. Great room (I stayed in a king room with the pull out sofa). Service was excellent and the breakfast, which was included in the cost of the room, was good. There was a lot to choose from and the staff replenished items when they got low. I stayed there for a football recruiting visit for my son at Stetson University which is about 18 miles away in Deland, FL. It is a straight shot to Deland from the hotel and it only took about 15 minutes. Having seen the limited options of hotels in Deland, I would recommend anyone visiting Stetson stay in the Daytona area and specifically, this hotel. Daytona Beach is about 5 minutes away so the hotel is in an ideal location. There are several malls in close proximity to the hotel as well as a variety of restaurants. There is an Outback Steakhouse just down the street in walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write this wonderful review of our hotel.

You couldn't say it any better... our location is ideal! Residence Inn is centrally located to the airport, the Speedway, the beach, and (as you said) to many of the local area schools like Stetson, Embry Riddle, Daytona State, and Bethune Cookman. Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport is the perfect location for any visitor to the Daytona Beach area. We are close to everything, including walking distance to shopping and several great area restaurants.

Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you in the future...

Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

me and my family stayed here on a vacation/work trip. we booked a studio room with a king bed but decided last minute that it might be better to see if they had a one bedroom suite open when we checked in. Bill at the front desk was funny and very helpful he switched our room for us. the room was one of the new rooms that just got renovated and was really nice for what we paid. the hotel in general was really nice. and everyone working there was awesome, Amanda who served the breakfast every morning was so sweet always had a smile on her face, it was a great way to start the day with a smile.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Daytona Beach as well as thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on TripAdvisor.com.

Your observations of our hotel and our team couldn't be more true. Bill and Amanada are two of our many associates who go above and beyond to ensure our guests receive the best service, the highest quality, and the best overall stay when they are visiting the Daytona Beach area. I will be sure to pass along your words of encouragement to our team so they can see how much their efforts are appreciated!

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport for your trip to Daytona Beach. When you are visiting the area again, please let us know. We look forward to serving you in the future!