“Bob's the man”

Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Awesome experience. We stayed here during my daughter's cheerleading tournament. After cutting a joke with Bob the desk agent, we shared a laugh. Bob gave us an amazing room overlooking turns 3 & 4. He also was kind enough to give my daughter a handful of jelly belly candies after she showed interest in them. As a person who comes from a hospitality background, Bob is the type of man who exemplifies hospitality. Well done!

Room Tip: Attempt to get a room with a view of the speedway.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FSUPilot
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your recent trip to Daytona Beach and also thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review on TripAdvisor!

Our team of Associates here in Daytona Beach is second to none. It does not surprise me that your experience with service was outstanding. I will make sure your comments are shared with the team so they can see how their hard work pays off.

Please come and stay with us again the next time you are in Daytona Beach! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Spent four days at the Residence Inn by Marriott at Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport and like the name says, it is, literally, right next to the Speedway and Airport. Great room (I stayed in a king room with the pull out sofa). Service was excellent and the breakfast, which was included in the cost of the room, was good. There was a lot to choose from and the staff replenished items when they got low. I stayed there for a football recruiting visit for my son at Stetson University which is about 18 miles away in Deland, FL. It is a straight shot to Deland from the hotel and it only took about 15 minutes. Having seen the limited options of hotels in Deland, I would recommend anyone visiting Stetson stay in the Daytona area and specifically, this hotel. Daytona Beach is about 5 minutes away so the hotel is in an ideal location. There are several malls in close proximity to the hotel as well as a variety of restaurants. There is an Outback Steakhouse just down the street in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write this wonderful review of our hotel.

You couldn't say it any better... our location is ideal! Residence Inn is centrally located to the airport, the Speedway, the beach, and (as you said) to many of the local area schools like Stetson, Embry Riddle, Daytona State, and Bethune Cookman. Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport is the perfect location for any visitor to the Daytona Beach area. We are close to everything, including walking distance to shopping and several great area restaurants.

Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you in the future...

Reviewed June 9, 2014

me and my family stayed here on a vacation/work trip. we booked a studio room with a king bed but decided last minute that it might be better to see if they had a one bedroom suite open when we checked in. Bill at the front desk was funny and very helpful he switched our room for us. the room was one of the new rooms that just got renovated and was really nice for what we paid. the hotel in general was really nice. and everyone working there was awesome, Amanda who served the breakfast every morning was so sweet always had a smile on her face, it was a great way to start the day with a smile.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Daytona Beach as well as thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on TripAdvisor.com.

Your observations of our hotel and our team couldn't be more true. Bill and Amanada are two of our many associates who go above and beyond to ensure our guests receive the best service, the highest quality, and the best overall stay when they are visiting the Daytona Beach area. I will be sure to pass along your words of encouragement to our team so they can see how much their efforts are appreciated!

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport for your trip to Daytona Beach. When you are visiting the area again, please let us know. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was in Daytona to work in April, and from the minute I arrived at the hotel they were welcoming and made sure I knew when breakfast was, the shuttle schedule and if I needed anything to let them know. I arrived on Wednesday night and by Friday night I was really sick. I came to the front desk for help Saturday morning and Bill (I hope that is right-he was so helpful but I may have that wrong) started looking for open clinics on Saturday. He found one urgent care close to the hotel (I didn't have a car, and was trying to get the company I worked for to take me and Bill said that if I couldn't it was close enough for the shuttle driver to take me-that was a huge relief) My company was able to get someone to take me so that shuttle wasn't an issue. Once back to the hotel, he checked on me to make sure I was ok and that the urgent care was ok. I thought that was above and beyond. As for the hotel itself, I was in a two bedroom suite with others from my company and it was big enough for us with the two bathrooms, the kitchen was wonderful as I couldn't leave all day and my co-workers brought food for the room. I can honestly say it was the first time I have stayed in a room for a long time on a work trip and it was nice, roomy, comfortable bed and caring staff. Thanks again for going above and beyond when I was in a city I didn't know and needed assistance.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Daytona Beach and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor.com. Your feedback is crucial to us to ensure we continue the great service you experience as well as correct any issues for future guests.

I am so happy to hear that your stay was a memorable one. Bill, like many of our associates, makes sure our guests have a fantastic experience at our hotel as well as making sure they are able to experience the Daytona Beach area to its fullest. Unfortunately, your experience took you to Urgent Care, but I am happy to hear that the experience, while troubling, turned out to be a positive experience in the end.

Again, thank you for your business. Please come back and visit us again when you are in the Daytona Beach area.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is my 3rd stay at this hotel, and I am once again satisfied. The hotel is currently under major renovation, so in a few weeks, all of the rooms will be new again! I had a renovated room that was nicely decorated and clean. The bedding and towels were fresh. The bed was a bit firm for me, but the pillows were fluffy. My TV would not get digital channels - no problem...a replacement arrived within minutes (very prompt staff). The pool area is fun, clean and quiet. The laundry room is clean with nice machines. The breakfast area was spacious, clean and organized. The parking area is well lit. The staff was polite and aimed to please. You can walk to the mall, the speedway and several restaurants in the area. The hotel will also shuttle you to the mall if you ask. The airport is next door, but airplane noise is not an issue. Good for families!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the pool and the airport.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your continued business when traveling to Daytona Beach. It is great to hear that you are not only a satisfied guest, but a repeat guest at that!

We will be wrapping up our hotel renovation today, Friday, June 6th. We have spent over $1M on updating our rooms and public space to ensure we keep guests like yourself coming back for repeat visits.

We are very excited to offer this newly renovated product to the Daytona Beach market. Please come back and see us again the next time you are in Daytona Beach!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This place made the BEST out of a difficult situation! Our flight was changed and we did not know it, so Delta put us up here for the night. Our room was spectactular! They have just remodled and our room was so beautiful. It was a huge suite with a wonderful most comfortable king sized bed. I slept like a baby! The "living room" was spacious and the kitchen was fantastic as well! But as great as all that was, its the people who work there that put this hotel over the top! So friendly and helpful from the driver to the front desk to the breakfast attentant in the morning! We had to leave before the breakfast was set up but the nice lady made sure we got something to eat before we left. The bathroom was handicapped friendly and our room was uber quiet. Plus the location is very conveinit race fans and lots of resturants within walking distance as well as the mall accross the street.Wonderful pool and the grounds are so pretty. They even have a fitness center.It was a very unexpected bonus!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor and was very quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelBarbie61
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for the outstanding review you gave our hotel from both a product and service perspective. Our team has worked very hard over the past couple of months to get the hotel renovated. I am happy to hear that their efforts have paid off. You also mentioned our staff and how wonderful they are. I cannot say enough about the team of associates we have in Daytona Beach. They are, by far, some of the most outwardly friendly and service-oriented associates with whom I have ever worked.

I realize you were only with us due to a schedule change with Delta. However, if you do find yourself traveling back to Daytona Beach, please come stay with us again. We look forward to serving you in the future...

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We went to Daytona on March 21st for 5 days;visiting family there. The staff was friendly and attentive to detail. We had an issue with the lock on our door. They took care of it immediately without any problems. We had a suite with a king size bed. The room was comfortable and spacious. We felt the pillows were a little too thick for our liking. We like softer, squishable pillows but that was our preference. The daily breakfast buffet offered a variety of items to satisfy all guests. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We prefer higher floors so we can enjoy the view of the city.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 4trains
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your visit in March. We know there are a lot of hotels from which to choose and we appreciate your business.

Thank you for the great comments regarding the amenities and service at our Daytona Beach location. Our team of outstanding associates goes above and beyond every day to ensure our guests are completely satisfied with their stay and visit to Daytona Beach. Your comments will be shared with our staff so they can hear how their efforts are appreciated.

Please make sure to come back and visit us again! We look forward to serving you in the very near future!