“Don't pay extra for one bedroom suite!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport

Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #24 of 104 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Don't pay extra for one bedroom suite!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

While we enjoyed the hotel, ideal location, nice breakfast and very clean...we were very disappointed with our "one bedroom suite" that we paid extra ($119 & $129 per night versus $99). I picked a one bedroom because my husband gets up very early and it is nice to have a place for him to not worry about being quiet. Unfortunately, there is a strange opening in the wall over the bathroom sink to the living room area. If that wasn't bad enough, there is a light that shines up toward the ceiling that lights up both sides of the wall. I did go to the front desk to talk about it and got "don't blame me, I didn't design the building. Lots of people complain about that". Wow....nice customer service. I'm sorry but shame on Marriott for advertising this as a one bedroom and charging extra for this room.

Room Tip: Stick with a studio and the cheaper price.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank 7504girl
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time to give your feedback regarding the hotel and service you received.

I am sorry to hear that you did not feel that the One Bedroom Suite offered additional privacy due to the opening close to the ceiliing. I am also very sorry to hear about the level of service you received at the Front Desk in response to your complaint. While it is true that the associate did not design the building, it is not appropriate for them to address your concerns in this manner. This is not our typical level of service and I am sorry you had to experience that.

If you are ever traveling back to Daytona Beach, I would love the opportunity to serve you again. Please contact me directly at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949 so I can personally book your reservation.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Alex Freid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bel Air, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The Residence Inn is conveniently located at the airport and is adjacent to the speedway; just off the International Speedway and minutes from the beach. The rooms are standard and similar to all Residence Inns. However, the noise level in the hotel was bothersome. There are airport and highway sounds, as well as from all your neighbors. While I love pets and understand the desire to be a pet friendly hotel, I don't want to be on vacation and be kept up or awaken by my neighbor's dog. The hotel even allowed folks to bring their pets to the breakfast bar which I thought was a bit too much. I think the hotel would be fine for a one night stop over because of the proximity to the airport, but not for an extended stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank awfountain3
AlexFreid, Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing Marriott for youre recent visit to the Daytona Beach area. There are a lot of hotel options in the area and we are very appreciative and thankful that you selected Residence Inn for your accommodations.

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay. You are absolutely correct, with regards to our ideal location, being close to all of the local attractions, shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Residence Inn is in the perfect location in Daytona Beach!

With regards to pets, I understand and agree with you that guests' pets should not decrease the quality of your stay. While we are a pet-friendly hotel, allowing guests to share their experiences with their whole family (including pets), we do hold every pet owner accountable for their pet's behavior. This includes noise, damage, and interraction with other guests. It is also standard policy to not allow any pets in the Food & Beverage area of the hotel, with the exception of dedicated service animals. We do, however, get guests that try to bring their pets to breakfast. In those instances, we ask each guest to remove their pet from the area.

I am sorry to hear that your experiences with other guests' pets lessened the quality of your stay with us. When you come back to the Daytona Beach area, please contact me directly at alex.freid@marriott.com so I can personally ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you, again, for choosing Marriott! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just returned from Daytona Beach after a 4 night stay at the Residence Inn Daytona International Speedway/Airport. Very convenient as it is in the airport complex and right off Rt 92. We had a studio unit that included a full sized fridge and kitchen, king sized bed and sitting area with a pullout couch, chair and big screen TV. The room as well as the hotel were very clean and the staff was super friendly and helpful. The pool area was very nice and relaxing and they offered a daily complimentary breakfast buffet that included everything from eggs, potatoes, fruit, cereals, breads, pastries, etc. Very affordable rates for what is offered!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank _julbaxter
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve you in your recent trip to the Daytona Beach area. There are a lot of choices when it comes to hotels, and we are thrilled that you chose us!

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! As you mentioned, our hotel is a great value with all of the amenities you get complimentary with your suite! It is nice to hear that you were able to partake in many of our services and enjoyed them all!

If there is anything you need in the future, please contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a fairly new hotel located right off the highway and close the the airport and Speedway. I stayed here for one night on business and have no complaints. The room was clean and spacious, there was plenty of parking and the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Good day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as the great comment you've made on tripadvisor.com!

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and location with proximity to all Daytona Beach has to offer. You will have to come visit us again very soon!

Louisville KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have found Residence Inn's 2-bedroom suites to be exactly what we need for the family vacation. Each bedroom has a bath and the suite's kitchen is fuly equipped. Breakfast each morning is good and provides a variety of selection to suit everyone. Good central location -although not on the beach. That would have made the perfect score.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Daytona Beach!

Thank you for the great comments regarding the room layout of our Two Bedroom Suite, the amenities of the hotel such as breakfast, and our great location. Knowing we are not on the beach, we are still in a great, central location with quick and easy access to everything Daytona Beach has to offer.

Again, thank you for your business. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located. Rooms were a good size and clean. The fitness center is small but clean. Breakfast was nice and the staff was great. A nice place to stay for several days or if passing through.

• Stayed September 2013
      Cleanliness
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you during your most recent travels to the Daytona Beach area.

As you pointed out in your great review, we are very centrally located near the airport, shopping, restaurants, and just a short drive to the beach. I am happy to hear that you had such a nice experience with our staff, the amenities, and our awesome breakfast!

If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future, please contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 232-3949. Thank you! We look forward to serving you again soon!

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 suites for two consecutive nights. Rooms were spacious, clean and fully equipped with kitchen. Staff was friendly. Bill was especially helpful...tks. Poolside had a pleasant view. Higher floors w pool view quieter. Breakfast was one of the best...hot and cold options including fresh fruit.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for staying with us during your most recent visit to the Daytona Beach area!

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Our staff goes above and beyond every day to make sure all of our guests have an outstanding experience. Bill is one of our highly recognized associates from many guests. It is no surprise that you found him to be exceptional and friendly. I will be sure to get Bill recognition for his dedication to service.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach! We look forward to serving you in the future!