“Beautiful Hotel..great service!”

Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 suites for two consecutive nights. Rooms were spacious, clean and fully equipped with kitchen. Staff was friendly. Bill was especially helpful...tks. Poolside had a pleasant view. Higher floors w pool view quieter. Breakfast was one of the best...hot and cold options including fresh fruit.

• Stayed: September 2013
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for staying with us during your most recent visit to the Daytona Beach area!

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Our staff goes above and beyond every day to make sure all of our guests have an outstanding experience. Bill is one of our highly recognized associates from many guests. It is no surprise that you found him to be exceptional and friendly. I will be sure to get Bill recognition for his dedication to service.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in a 1 bedroom with double queens and a sofa bed in the living room. This was enough room for us for the stay. Breakfast had many options and did not bore the kids as they loved having so many things to try - nothing like home! We had dinner 2 nights there - nachco\taco night and burger\hot dog night. Even had some side items to go with along with beer or soda. Can't complain about the price for all the food since it was included! The pool was a good temperature and I am one to not like cold water. The exercise room appeared to have up to date equipment with iPod hookups and LCD screens built in. Front desk staff was very helpful and did a great job putting up with my kids asking a lot of random questions, or for anything from shampoo to a bag. Just a quick drive to the beach and you can park at one of the oceanfront parks for free. When we visit again, we will be sure to stay here.

Room Tip: 414 had a view of the pool, close to the elevator, but far enough away to not hear the noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the Daytona Beach area. We know there are a lot of choices out there and we really appreciate you selecting us over everyone else.

Your remarks on TripAdvisor are wonderful, thank you. It is nice to hear you had a chance to experience just about all we offer including breakfast, evening social hour, the pool, exercise room, and even our fabulous staff. Your review couldn't say it better, even regarding our location with proximity to just about everything in Daytona Beach.

Again, thank you for your great review. If there is anything with which I can assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949. We look forward to serving you in the very near future!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family made a quick choice to stay in Daytona Beach and this is an excellent choice hotel. The front desk gentleman is extremely nice and makes sure all is well with every single guest. The hotel staff are also very nice and helpful.

They offer a continental breakfast every morning. Not just cereal and breads, but also offer eggs, pancakes/french toast, etc. The area is a little small, so it gets a little cramped when multiple people are trying to get their breakfast.

The pool is GREAT! Perfect temperature and surroundings. The hot tub and basketball/tennis court is right next to the pool, so it's a perfect family setting. Even the surrounding landscape is detailed and nice.

We stayed in a two queen studio, which was very spacious. It included a sofa bed along with a kitchen. For the three of us, it was perfect size. The bathroom is a little small, but not as bad as others I've experienced.

I will definitely choose this hotel when ever I return to Daytona Beach. It's only a couple miles from the beach, not hectic at all. It's located to all the restaurants, the airport, and the shopping stores.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to put such great comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay and our hotel.

I couldn't say it better myself! Just like you said, we are very centrally located, near Daytona International Speedway, Daytona International Airport, shopping, restaurants, and only a short drive to the beach. I am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the amenities and services of the hotel, from the room layout to our full breakfast buffet, to the recreation activities such as the pool and SportCourt.

Our goal is to ensure that every guest leaves our hotel satisfied and with a pleasant memory. It is fantastic to hear that we met that goal with your stay!

If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please feel free to contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

When it comes to hotels I am very particular about where I choose to lay my head. I always use Trip Advisor to see how other consumers rate the hotels. I want to see pictures taken by travelers as well as read the reviews regarding the cleanliness, the location/neighborhood and most of all the customer service. I WAS EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH THIS HOTEL! You WON'T BE SORRY if you stay here. The rooms were very clean, even considering pets are allowed. (I didn't know that before choosing this location). The staff was professional, friendly and accommodating, especially the staff working the kitchen. I think her name was Amanda...was awesome. We stayed here 5 days. I felt like I knew her personally by the time we left. She was quite pleasant, personable and very friendly. The breakfast was great! They seemed to have more selections than most hotels that offered free breakfasts. The food was REALLY good! 3 days that week they also had free dinners. Nothing elaborate, BUT still very NICE (and unexpected). Each night was a different theme. The pool area was nice. Very clean and quite comfortable. I met some very nice people (other guests) during my stay. This hotel is centrally located, easy access to the freeways, 10 minutes from downtown Daytona and close to many restaurants. I will definitely come back my next time to Daytona Beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn Daytona Beach.

First and foremost, thank you for your most recent stay with us. We know there are a lot of choices out there and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. Also, thank you for your wonderful review and kind words regarding our centrally located hotel, superior associates, and the food & beverage options. I will make sure that Amanda is recognized for her outstanding service.

Our goal is to make sure all of our guests are comfortable, safe and enjoy their stay. It is great to hear that we achieved that goal with your experience. If there is anything you might need in the future, please feel free to contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (385) 252-3949. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the very near future!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. The room was clean and comfy. I still hate the little small square pillows. The first morning I came back, there was a tube of Crest toothpaste in my bathroom. A very nice touch. The Internet connection was pretty bad. For the past 3 days all I heard was "we are resetting the router" I don't know why hotels don't make this a priority, and fix that problem, instead of it becoming a part of that property.
The breakfast was wonderful. Good, hot, well stocked with good choices. Thursday night was burgers and hot dogs, which was outstanding. All in all, it was a good business decision to stay here. But seriously folks, the Internet has got to be fixed.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for your most recent stay with us as well as taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback.

We have a fantastic team here and I am happy to hear that your received the outstanding service we deliver each and every day to our guests. It is also nice to hear that you were able to enjoy some of our food & beverage activities here at the hotel.

In response to your frustration with internet, we are aware that there is a problem and we are currently in the process of getting the system upgraded. Within the next month, our internet system will be enhanced and upgraded to provide our guests with the service they would expect out of a Marriott hotel. This, unfortunately, does not help with your previous stay, but I hope you understand that we have been and are currently working toward a solution.

If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future, please feel free to contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949. Thank you and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We drove 100 miles from our home to attend a friend's 80th birthday party. Afterwards we checked into the Residence Inn tired and really in need of rest. The moment we entered the 1 bedroom suite we knew we had made a really good choice. The Suite was beautifully furnished with comfortable sofas and chairs - but the bedroom was the star. The beds were very comfortable with several different types of pillows. The bathroom was super clean and the towels were thick and fluffy. The front desk was helpful - all in all a great one night stay. We will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kitchenqueen76
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for choosing our Daytona Beach hotel when in town for friend's 80th birthday party. We know there are a lot of choices and we appreciate the fact that you chose Residence Inn by Marriott!

Thank you for the great review. We strive to offer an outstanding product at a great price. It is comforting knowing that our efforts were well received with your stay.

If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please let me know. And, please, come back to visit us in Daytona Beach!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We are here right now and hate to leave. They have free awesome breakfast and evening social during weekdays. The rooms are over the top and with a family of 5 gave my husband and I some good quality time. Pool and hot tub were clean and great for after the beach. Pool opened til 11 is priceless... What can I say... Money well spent for the fitness room. If you can't get a good workout in this gym...you just lack motivation! Staff is over the top! I may just make this my vacation spot every year. This hotel + the beautiful beaches of Daytona is money well invested. Thank you to the staff for your hard work.

• Stayed: July 2013
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. I was very eager to read your comments with the title of your review being, "Extraordinary!!!!" with four exclamation points! :)

We are very happy that you had a great stay with us. Our Daytona Beach hotel is very conveniently located with a short drive to the beach and has all the amenities to make you feel at home even when you are away from home. Your comments regarding our staff will be shared with all of our associates at the hotel to show them how much their hard work pays off for guests such as yourself.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott for your stay. We look forward to serving you in the future.