“Great place, great service”

Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #29 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great place, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed there for work last week and was pleasently surprised how nice the staff were. We arrived around 6 pm on a Thurs and there was a hamburgers and hots dogs wine, beer being served for all the guests. How nice. If you ae near the speedway it is worth the stay.
Internet was sketchy, could not alway able to connect. The front desk tried to reset every time someone asked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Good Afternoon....

Thank you for your recent stay with us! Our entire staff truly appreciates the wonderful comments as we share these comments in our daily meetings.

Also, thank you for your comments regarding the internet service and the issues you encountered. We are aware of the issue and we are in the process of getting it resolved. Due to the nature of the underlying issue, it is requiring a major change in our equipment. The project is underway and should be completed within the next month.

Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Alex Freid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Corfu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff is friendly, helpful and service was super from front desk, breakfast attendants, social hour workers, maintenance to housekeeping. We look forward to the friendly faces each year we visit.
The internet was off more than on. The pools heater was not working entire stay however it was clean. With the cold temps this had many guests grumbling. The new chairs around pool were a nice improvement.
Room was clean and beds were ok. Bedding was worn. Friends room on first floor was not clean however.
The rooms are in need of upgrade as they show signs of wear and tear and couch cushions sunk when you sat on it.
We had a nice time and most issues we had the staff addressed them promptly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon...

Thank you for choosing Marriott for your hotel of choice in Daytona Beach. We know there are a lot of choices when selecting a hotel and we are very excited to have you back each year!

It is wonderful to hear your positive comments regarding our hotel and our staff. We strive every day to ensure we deliver service so memorable, I guests tell stories about it. With regards to the internet, we are currently involved in a project to completely change over our internet system. We have heard our guests and we are taking action to resolve the issue.

Also, we have been planning a rooms renovation and are hopeful to have a plan in place by the end of this year. Our team has done a fabulous job maintaining our rooms, but we have also heard our guests regarding the age of some of the furniture in the rooms.

Please note that we are working on all of the issues you mentioned and you should see major improvements when you come back to stay with us again. In fact, we have already repaired the pool heater and, as you saw, we replaced all of our pool furniture within the last year.

We are looking forward to you serving you again in the very near future. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and Residence Inn in Daytona Beach!

Kissimmee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Reserved a double queen room on a high floor in a quiet area. I was having surgery and was staying the night after the surgey When we arrived at the hotel at almost 4 pm they did not have a double queen room ready. The guy (I think his name was William) at the front desk was not very nice and for some reason he also decided to mess with our resv. Compared to the other person (I think Bill) who was very nice, at the hotel I had spoken before and at check out. So the room William put us in was over the sports court and the pool. Got to listen to kids screeming until 11 at night. The room was nice but the furniture was worn and dated and the beds could use new mattresses. The breakfast was good. The happy hour was nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert L
Good Afternoon...

First and foremost, thank you for your most recent stay with us as well as taking the time to post your comments regarding the service and amenities.

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the service you come to expect at a Marriott hotel. Please note that this is not our typical level of service and I am sorry that you had this experience. Your comments have been shared with our team to ensure future guests do not have this same experience.

With regards to the aging of the rooms, we have heard our guests on this issue and we are currently in the process of planning for a rooms renovation. While our team has done a fabulous job in maintaining our rooms, we need to start planning on renovating. We hope to have a plan in place by the end of this year.

We are very eager at the opportunity to serve you again in the future. When you plan to make your trip to our hotel again, please contact me directly at the hotel so I can personally ensure your stay is at the level of service you expect.

Orlando
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff. I stayed in a 1 BR suite. The furniture was worn and dated. The mattress was very comfortable. Kitchen was adequate and appeared updated. Sparse kitchen utensils. Couch was worn and uncomfortable. Not the updated Residence Inn style, but adequate for my stay. Would stay here again if working in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CherylOrlando
Pasadena, Md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had an absolutely wonderful stay. We had a very long drive and upon arrival we had the most warm and friendly greeting we could have. I cannot say enough about how friendly, helpful and courteous the staff was. The hotel was very clean. I am very picky and the rooms were spotless. I was very nervous because of some posts I saw on here but was very pleasantly suprised by this hotel. Beds were very comfortable, suites were a very spacious. Included a breakfast buffet that was delicious with lots of choices. The pool was clean and beautiful and had a hot tub. The fitness room was also great. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat if in the area. The only two things that I could even complain about were the internet, I could not get the wifi to connect from my room at all and the location of the elevators. There were two elevators in one location and if your room was at one end of the building it was quite a hike. Other than those two things it was an awesome stay. I was very nervous when I first arrived because I did not realize this hotel was literally right next to the airport but I never heard one plane our entire stay. Also, this is about a 10 minute drive to the beach so you will need transportation if going to the beach but there is a ton to do right near the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chelle695
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Date of Stay: Monday, 2/25/13 - Wednesday, 2/27/13
Length of Stay: 2 Nights

In a nutshell, this is a great property in the perfect location, offering excellent amenities and an amazing staff -- should you come to Daytona on Business or Pleasure, this is the place that you absolutely must stay!!

Now, for my detailed review:

I traveled to Daytona to teach a class to local law enforcement at Daytona State College; I opted for the Residence Inn Daytona due to its close proximity to the College and I-95, as well as my prior experiences with Marriott and Residence Inn. I must say, the Residence Inn Daytona did not disappoint in any way and it was truly the perfect place to stay!

I will admit, I was a bit nervous Checking In at this Property, as I was Checking In on the Monday after the Daytona 500. I have stayed at properties around the country the day after a major NASCAR race and have found the rooms to be in quite the poor shape, and the staff to be at wit's end. However, this was definitely not the case. Upon Check In on Monday, the Staff was absolutely AMAZING -- no sign of the stress of a major NASCAR event, and extremely happy to greet me, despite the fact that I have no Elite Status of any kind with Marriott. Additionally, Housekeeping had totally turned the property around -- while it had been fully booked by NASCAR enthusiasts until early that same day, the hotel was immaculate, and the room was one of the cleanest that I have ever checked into ... AMAZING service!

And, not only was I impressed by the service, I was informed at Check In that I had been Upgraded -- as I was traveling alone, I had booked a Studio Suite, as I always do at Residence Inn properties. At Check In, I was told that I had been given a larger room, a 1-Bedroom Suite. Although I did not need the room, I was most excited and impressed. Having never stayed in a 1-bedroom, this was a new experience. After seeing how amazing the room was, I will more than likely now always spend the extra money and stay in such a Suite -- it was perfect! See the photos that I have attached to this review to see how wonderful such a room was at this property.

Let me tell you about the 1-Bedroom Suite, in addition to the attached photos. As soon as you walk into the room, you see a nice sized computer desk equipped with more than enough electrical outlets for a computer and a cell phone. In the days where many properties are limiting access to electrical outlets, Residence Inn does not disappoint! To the left and just behind the computer desk, you will find a full kitchen, equipped with a full refrigerator/freezer, cook-top, microwave, and dishwasher. The appliances are high-quality GE appliances, and better than I have found at other similar properties. Directly to the left of the computer desk, you will find a dining table, equipped with place-mats, coffee and cloth napkins, and a bag of complimentary popcorn, which proved to be an excellent snack! Immediately in front of the computer desk you will find a very comfortable sofa sleeper, chair and ottoman. Next to the chair and ottoman is an LG HD-television, offering all major digital cable channels, including HBO. This television is situated on a swivel mount, so that you can turn it to view from all angles in the Living Room area. Then, continuing from the Living Room, one walks into the Bathroom/Bedroom to the left of the television. You first enter a small vanity area, with a large sink and counter-top. Directly past that area is the separate shower and toiler area, which is decent sized and equipped with standard Marriott bath amenities and towels. And, unlike many properties, the shower offered excellent water pressure! Then, to the left of that area, one will find the separate bedroom, equipped with an extremely comfortable King bed and a multitude of different pillows. Unlike many hotels, one will find ample electrical outlets on either side of the bed to plug in any electrical appliances. Next to the bed, one will find a normal sized closet, complete with iron and ironing board and ample storage space and hangers. All-in-all, the 1-bedroom suite is absolutely amazing I highly suggest that you book it for any stay at this property!

In addition to the room, this property -- like most Residence Inn properties -- offers great food choices. Each morning, a free hot buffet breakfast is offered. This breakfast proved to be of excellent quality, offering tasty selections including eggs, sausage, potato pancakes, excellent breakfast sandwiches and a heavenly waffle maker. Additionally, later in the day, one is able to select from a wide variety of food products from "The Market," located in the Main Lobby. But, should one not find what they want in "The Market," this property offers a grocery service; simply leave your shopping list at the Front Desk and the staff will do your shopping for you, placing the items in your room and billing those groceries to your room account. Additionally, this property has excellent social offerings, including a "Comfort Food Night" and Manager's Toast. I found the "Manager's Toast" to be amazing -- featuring excellent hot fresh cookies, veggies, cheese, crackers and chips; additionally, complimentary beer, wine and sodas were offers. Finally, should you want to leave property for additional food choices, the Residence Inn Daytona is practically next door to the Courtyard by Marriott, which offers a restaurant and full service bar, as well as numerous other dining locations just across the main drag. All-in-all, this property has excellent food and social offerings.

In conclusion, the Residence Inn Daytona is a truly wonderful property, offering excellent amenities and truly pleasant and friendly staff. This is the perfect place to stay when in Daytona, located directly next to the Daytona Speedway and the Daytona Int'l Airport, and I highly recommend the Residence Inn Daytona the next time that your travel brings you to this area. I promise that you will not be disappointed by this amazing property and excellent staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a High-Floor Speedway View Room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AttorneyVin
Martins Ferry, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

From the moment we arrived until we checked out, everyone was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping did a nice job cleaning our room. The front desk employees, especially Bill, was very accommodating and pleasant. The room was the typical residence inn suite...no surprises. Looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Perfect place to stay if you are attending an event at the race track.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple