We stayed at this hotel while visiting family in the Daytona area. The location is nice if you have business to conduct at the airport or one of the local universities. It was close to some shopping that we needed to do which was nice as well.
The staff was always quite friendly and helpful and the breakfast was not bad. It's a small buffet type but they have the usual spread of fruit, cereal, waffle maker, toast, coffee and juice; it's included in the price.
We stayed here in a single queen suite for about a week and the room type was useful. It's a Residence Inn so it has a kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven and sink if you want to self cater. The room was large enough for our toddler son to run around and play in without worrying he could get into something. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet; I specifically listened for jet noise and could not be bothered by it a bit. The room was very clean as were the linens and dishes.
The bathroom looked as if it was getting a bit tired and wanted for updating but not so much it bothered us.
There is a pool but it didn't seem like anything special. The hotel is approximately a 10 minute drive from A1A and the beaches.
Overall a nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn Daytona Beach is Marriott's extended-stay hotel that helps you feel connected while away from home and maintain a balance of work and life. We are footsteps away from Daytona International Speedway, home of the Daytona 500 and Coke Zero 400. Our homelike surroundings invite you to relax and our community atmosphere will make you feel welcome. We are located near Embry Riddle University, Bethune Cookman University, Daytona State College, Halifax Hospital, Florida Hospital Daytona Beach International Airport and NASCAR. The "World's Most Famous Beach," Daytona Beach, is only a short drive from our hotel. While staying at this Daytona Beach Florida hotel, you can enjoy all of our special events: Rolex 24, 24 hours of Daytona, Grand AM (racing at its finest), Speedweek, The Bud Shootout, Bikeweek, Spring Break, Biketoberfest, and the Turkey Rod Run. Daytona Beach is the epicenter between St. Augustine's historical sites, Orlando's theme parks, and Kennedy Space Center, home of NASA. We are also a pet-friendly hotel, so you can bring the whole family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Daytona Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Residence Inn Daytona Beach
- Marriott Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Marriott
- Daytona Beach Residence Inn