“Ocean Walk Is Heading Downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Ocean Walk Is Heading Downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

We have been staying at this property for several years now and have been mostly satisfied in the past. This year, however, things are a bit different. The two outdoor pools were not heated. They were listed as under renovations in December 2010, but it said they would be back operational by the end of 2010 (we stayed the 1-27 through 1-30). There is also a noticeable decline in the room interiors. There were light bulbs burned out, dust all over the lighting fixtures, hair on the floor in the bathrooms, and a non-working ice machine. In addition to this, the mattresses in the rooms were indented in the middle of each bed (we stayed in a 3 bedroom unit) making them not very comformable. Once you were able to get comfortable, you had all the lights from the hallways coming in through the bedroom windows, as most units do not have room darkening window treatments.
Lastly, free wi-fi in the lobby - but you have to pay to use it in the rooms.....
Don't know if we'll stay here again next year -- sad.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Berlin, nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights for the Rolex races this past weekend with my husband . I booked it becasue it looked nice on the website and location was great. Also it was cheap, only 140 a night for a 1 bedroom ocean front. When i fist walked in I was impressed, it looked very nice, The woman at the counter was rude. Then I got to our room and it was very outdated , looked very 80's. No housekeeping , I was told to wash my own towels. The handle to door broke off and there was no hot water. However, they did fix these things right away. They called me twice to try to get us to attend a sales meeting to buy a condo, which is something i am not intereted in doing during a vacation stay, send me and email . I was told that everything was open when i booked it. The tiki bar was not open , i was dissapointed, they said weather permitting , we just flew in from Philly in the snow so as far as im a concerned 60 degrees is weather permitting. The lazy river was green and there was a very bad gas smell from the pool heater which made it hard to sit outside, also they play music outside from 8 am in the morning untill 11 or so at night which made it hard to just enjoy the sound of the ocean . They even turned it on at 8 on a sunday morning when I would think people want some peave and quiet. I will not stay here again, I would rather spend another 100 a night for a little more luxury. I want room service and housekeeping when i go on vacation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

The Wyndham is a very nice hotel. There were eith of us that stayed in a three bedroom. There was sufficient space although it only had two bathrooms. Three would have been preferable. Was dissappointed that it only came with one parking pass. That meant an extra $60 for 3 days at the parking garage accross the street for each additional vehicle. Also, I guess because a washer and dryer is included with a sample packet of detergent, you are expected to launder your own towels and no room service is provided. That is crazy. Also, it was difficult to get pick up wrist straps/welcome package information. Front desk had no clue when personnel would be at their post. I got 3 difference times and all were wrong. Luckily it was cold and we did not need them.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Lemont, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

Great resort,for every time of year.In the heat of Daytona Beach,close to everything,plenty to do for everybody,great service.Love it.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Saxe, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

When I have time I will write more
This place is OVER rated and the staff except for the luggage guy was awful! I would never stay here again nor would I recomment it to anyone!

• Stayed July 2010

Travelers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Idaho Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

When we checked in to Worldmark Ocean Walk in Daytona, we were told someone would bring up a "welcome basket" the next morning at 9 a.m. and ask us just THREE questions. The woman who came presented us with a COFFEE MUG containing two small snack packages of cookies and a Reese's Peanutbutter Cup candy bar. Then she insisted on sitting down in our dining room with us and our guests to "ask a few questions" which turned out to be MANY questions. It soon became clear she was going to pitch a sale for Wyndham points. I expressed frustration, and she responded by being extremely rude. "Are you in a bad mood? Have I done something to offend you?" I responded, "Please don't hastle me in the middle of our vacation." And the insults continued from this woman. To Worldmark and Wyndham: Please don't send these people to our rooms! We come to Worldmark properties to vacation, not to hear the hundreth timeshare pitch! The condo was great in most ways, but the intrusion into our privacy is inexcusable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

Broken toilet and clogged sink. A 1990's spring break feel to the hotel. Had a great time and would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a throwback to the 90's.

• Stayed January 2011