Wyndham Ocean Walk
Best Western International Speedway Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$82
$71
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$118
$107
$133
$119
  • Beachfront
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$122
$103
Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$98
Plaza Resort & Spa(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$120
$86
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$117
Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
2,332 results
All reviewslazy riverbedroom deluxewyndham ownerswasher and dryernorth towerpool areaprivate ownermovie theaterfull kitchenacross the streetbubba gumpsnice resortjacuzzi tubfamily vacationspring breakpoolsunit
Reviewed May 8, 2007

The girls and I spent the last four days at the Ocean Walk Resort it was a treat to ourselves for Mother's Day. My husband made the arrangements for us, he rented directly from the property owner/manger. The girls loved it. We had a beautiful 2 bedroom condo with a full kitchen a large dinning table and a breakfast bar. The mattresses were brand new and very comfortable. The whole condo was absolutely beautifully decorated and we had a view of the ocean. The owner also had some recent movies on DVD for us to watch along with the great pool with slide and a lazy river, not to mention the Tiki Bar and the ocean just a few steps away, we could not have asked for anything more. PERFECT!!

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank chase5
Reviewed May 8, 2007

I didn't know what to expect here, having read both really bad and really good reviews. My sis is a Fairfield timeshare owner, so she booked us here thru RCI exchange. She only charged me $350 for the whole week, so I figured I was getting a good deal, no matter how things turned out.

We got an immaculate, 2 bedroom jacuzzi suite on the south side of the14th floor of the south tower. That means we had a fabulous view of the ocean to our left, the Halifax River to our right, and the A1A strip straight ahead. I couldnt have hoped for a better location- (and I knew asking in advance is useless)

The art-deco styled rooms were freshly painted, with new carpets, and not a broken , shabby or worn thing anywhere to be found. The kitchen even had brand new appliances, and the bowls were even artfully arranged in the cupboards!

The jacuzzi didnt leak and the screen door to the balcony was not broken. (it gets windy and chilly up there at night, so bring a sweater)

The whole resort is getting a face-lift inside & out . We overheard one painter telling another that it's because the city is trying to spruce up in order to attract the big Miami money up to Daytona- and as a result get property values to increase.

Maybe we picked a good week, or just lucked out, because there was never a wait for the elevators, there were always plenty of pool loungers available at any time of day- even on the weekend. The pools were warm , no rowdy kids, and the staff was super friendly and helpful our entire stay.

We checked in on a Monday at 4pm, and walked right up to the desk. At check-out on Sunday, there was a line, but it moved quickly.All you really need to do is drop your key off in the box, but I wanted to make sure I had no outstanding charges against my $100 credit card deposit.

The pranksters that must have been in our room the week
before set both alarm clocks to go off at 6am the next morning, and they shut the door of our in-room safe. We called the front desk about that, and engineering was up to our room in less than 10 min. to unlock it.

We took a cab from the airport ($25 each way inc. tip for 4 of us)
Didn't need to rent a car- plenty of places to eat next door at the Ocean Walk Shoppes, or within walking distance. our fave restaurant was Adobe Gila's next door.

The Daytona Beach bandshell is right there, and the "boardwalk" to the pier- starts there, too.

The city is building a park, or extending the boardwalk in front of the resort, so you cant access the beach from the pool area anymore. If you dont want to walk thru the construction zone to get there, just go down the steps and cut across the plaza in front of the bandshell to get onto the beach. It's great for walking ,sunbathing & swimming, but you wont find any good shells there.

We wanted to visit the Ponce Inlet lighthouse and the Speedway, so we bought a 3-day bus passes for $6. (half that for seniors). The bus station is right across the street, and you can take the covered walkway there. The buses go everywhere you'll ever need to go.- including the supermarket.

That's one drawback- no nearby places to buy food., altho the Walgreens 2 blocks north has a pretty good supply of staples, drinks and beach supplies at reasonable prices. We walked about a half a mile north on Atlantic Ave. and found a small, but well stocked liquor store.

Now for the bad stuff. ---The resort seems to be pretty lax on security. Most guests were not wearing their wristbands at the pool, and the guards were not checking. Anybody can get thru the pool gate onto the property, and in fact someone had their valuables stolen while they were in swimming. , and the police were there taking the report.

One day there were about 5 security people on our floor, and we overheard a guest giving them a description of somebody as we passed by.

We also personally had items stolen from our room while we were out . This is the weird part- all they took was food! They didnt touch the 2 bottles of liquor, cameras, binoculars & other goodies in plain view
We immediatly reported it to the night manager on duty and he did a "lock interrogation" to see who accessed our room besides us. Sure enough, housekeeping (they all use the same card) had been there for less than 2 minutes- even tho we didnt get housekeeping, or any supplies dropped off.

The manager made good by coming up to our room personally & replacing the items that were taken from their hotel kitchen.

All I can say is you have to use common sense and take precautions when at a large resort such as this.

All in all, we loved the place and would definitly come back!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank princesspib
Reviewed May 5, 2007

I have always read the Tripadvisor reviews prior to booking a hotel and always told myself I would probably only take the time to write a review if I had an absolutely amazing time at a hotel or if the experience was so bad that I just had to make sure I wrote about it. Well, here I am feeling so strongly about the bad situation that I just experienced at the Ocean Walk Resort, that I feel it necessary to write a review.

I will start with the short story: I checked in and then checked out within 2 hours of arriving.

Here's the longer version: When I reserved the room which was for a business trip, I reserved an oceanfront room with a King size bed. I called the hotel about 3 days prior to arrival just to double-check on the reservation and was told that it was there, they had me in a room with a king bed, and the guy at the resort even told me that my room # had been assigned and gave me that information. I found that odd (since we were communicating over the phone, how could he be sure I was the actual guest who was going to be staying at the property?...that was a safety issue in my mind), but figured they do things a little differently here.

After checking in I went up to the room and upon arriving at the door noticed that the white doors were very dirty. Not a good sign for someone who is very particular about cleanliness in a hotel. I went in and found that the bedroom was right at the front of the unit, with a window that opened to the hallway where people walk up and down to go to their rooms. Because of where my room was I literally had a view of the elevators. I didn't really like that set up, (would have preferred for the living room to be at the front and the bedroom at the back closer to the ocean), but figured I would just close the blinds and pull the curtains on the bedroom window so that people walking by couldn't see me and the light from the hallway would not bother me when I was sleeping. However, when I went to pull the curtains closed, they didn't move. They were "fake" curtains that were purely decorative and not functional, so I could close the blinds (which didn't close tightly and the light from the hallway still shone through), but I couldn't pull the drapes. I decided that I would go downstairs to see if there was another room that was set up differently. I noticed as I was leaving that the room didn't really have a "clean" feeling and the furniture looked tired. Also, the bedspreads on the 2 double beds didn't match. That looked really tacky.

I went downstairs and asked the front desk worker (a different person from the lady who initially checked me in) if they had any rooms that didn't have windows that faced the hallway from the bedroom. He said that they do have rooms where the bedroom is at the back of the unit that would match what I was looking for. He said they were a slightly upgraded unit. I told him I was fine with that, I would pay the difference in price. He looked for a room, found one that was supposedly available, and gave me my 2nd get of keys. I went upstairs and thought to myself "that wasn't bad...so glad I spoke up and asked about a different room". I went in the room and as I headed to the bedroom, realized it was an un-cleaned room. The bedspread was on the floor, towels were on the floor in the bathroom, the kitchen had not been cleaned...it was a little disarming. So I called down to the front desk and told them that the room was not clean. I asked if someone from housekeeping could come up and clean it for me. (I really wanted to stay in the room because the layout was so much better than the last room. I was willing to wait an hour if that is what was needed to get the room in clean shape.) The lady who I spoke to said that she had taken note of the issue. She seemed like she was hanging up but I had no game plan yet, so I said to her "do you want me to just stay up here and you will call me back to let me know what is going on?". She said yes. I had to call back down since time had passed without hearing back from them. I asked for an update and was told that I was being moved to another room. She then said the bellman will come to bring my new key. I went to the new room (this is now room #3). I go in and turn to put on the security bar and realize there is none. There is the normal bolt that you can turn to lock the door in the hotel room, but the security chain or bar that is usually in a hotel room so that even housekeeping cannot come in if you are in there was not on the door. I felt very uncomfortable with that, especially since I was going to be the only one sleeping in the room. Also, I have never stayed in a hotel that did not have that security feature. So I went back downstairs and told them that my room did not have the security bar. The girl at the front desk looked alarmed at that but then said that she would see if engineering could go up and install one for me. She came back and said that they actually could not install one for me. She said they would just assign me another room. She assigned me another room and I asked her if she could tell by looking in her system if this new room had the security bar. She said no, the only way to find out is by actually going to the room. So I headed up to the room (room #4). Upon entering, I realize there was no security bar/latch...again. I call back downstairs because I refuse to stay in a hotel room that doesn't provide me with the adequate safety features. The front desk person then says that she has another comparable room in terms of layout, but that it is smoking, and apparently that is all she had to offer me. I told her that I don't smoke and I want a non-smoking room. She responded that many times even though it is a smoking room, it doesn't smell like smoke. I said fine. She told me to just stay up in the room and someone will bring me my key. About 3 minutes later, after more thought, I decided that I didn't want to compromise and go to a smoking room. I decided to go downstairs to the business center to use a computer to look for another hotel. I found my way to the business center (which is really a pool hall/lounge with a couple computers along the wall), and searched for a nearby hotel that had availability without success.

I proceeded to the front desk to let them know that I am checking out because they were unable, after 5 tries, to find me a suitable room (all I wanted was a clean, non-smoking room that had the security bar/latch). The front desk lady (the 4th person I have now dealt with at the front desk) proceeds to do stuff in the computer. She kept doing things and doing things. After about 10 minutes I finally said to her "I am just checking...I presume you are processing my refund back to my credit card?". She looked at me and said "no, we can't give you back your money". I told her that I had not even stayed in a room yet...I had not even been in the hotel itself for more than 2 hours...and in no one room for more than 20 minutes. She went and got another lady who I am assuming is some sort of supervisor. This lady is one who had helped me locate a room with a security latch earlier, so she was clearly aware of all the issues I had been having. She asked me how she could assist me. I told her that I was checking out and that I didn't want to be charged for the stay. She said that they have a 72 hour cancellation policy and that they could not give me my money back. I asked her what the charge would be and she said the whole amount had been charged to my card for the 2 day stay and they couldn't refund any of it. I looked at her incredulously and explained that the only reason I was leaving was because they could not find a suitable room for me after 5 tries and I was really tired and didn't want to continue the saga. She refused to give me back my money. That was the final sign to me that this was not the place for me to stay. How a hotel can keep $400 + from someone who never stayed at their hotel is amazing to me. She just kept telling me I was choosing to leave even though they kept giving me different options. So did she expect I would just spend the whole night going from room to room, hoping we would find a clean, safe one?? At some point any reasonable person needs to put an end to the fiasco, and I ended it after 5 tries. I wasn't going to argue with her...figured I will just dispute with my credit card company.

The customer service was horrible, the rooms were not clean and looked very run-down (the closet in one of the rooms was broken and kind of just leaning up in the track, and the carpet was pulled up, as if a dog had just clawed it for a long time), and they did not have the appropriate safety features that standard hotel room should have. I called my boss to tell her that I was leaving and told her my experience. She said she was going to add my experience to her list because she had had so many issues already herself (she also did not have a security latch on her door in her room, among other poor customer service issues).

This was the shortest & worst hotel experience I have ever had. I do not recommend that hotel at all if you have any level of class or discernment. If you just want a place to lay your head between sitting at the beach, then maybe it is the place for you. But if you want safe, decently clean, and any level of customer service, please do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank MalcolmTravels
Reviewed May 3, 2007

The Ocean Walk was an okay place to stay. I've seen a couple people on here say it's one of the nicer places to stay in Daytona Beach, but that's not saying much. I'd agree, but say it's an okay place, even for non-Daytona standards. The timeshared part of the hotel (you can rent through vacationrentals.com, and I'm sure those poor timeshare suckers will be really thankful you did) is pretty nice. Suite-style rooms, with nice living room areas, TVs in all bedrooms, great master baths, washer and dryer, and a great kitchen. Not even a kitchenette - a full kitchen with oven and range. If you're coming to stay for a long time, you can definitely treat it as a home away from home. The rooms are clean, but you don't get replacement towels each day.

The beach is actually quite nice and not horribly crowded. The pool's a little different story - fairly overrun, but not awful. It's a little dirty and rundown - everyone in our party cut their foot while in the pool. Some okay stuff for kids, including a nice (but small) lazy river to float in.

We didn't eat in the hotel's restaraunt, so I can't comment there.

The parking's okay, assuming you have one car. If you have more than one car, it'll cost you and you'll have to hike at least across the street if not beyond.

All-in-all, a pretty decent place to stay in an otherwise nasty tourist trap of a city.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank LyndaKansas
Reviewed May 1, 2007

Before my trip to The Ocean Walk Resort, I did a lot of research on the resort. I looked through a lot of reviews till my eyes went cross, and when I got in the car for the trip I have to admit was just a little bit worried. We got to the Resort at around 2, and since our friends were VIP we had early check in. Granted we waited for about 10 minutes while the people in front of us took forever, but as soon as it was our turn it took about 3 minutes to check in. We didn't have to wait till four like people had talked about on so many sites. The bell hop was right there ready to take our luggage upstairs. The eleveators were quick (in fact the only time we had a really long wait was the day we left). After we got back from the grocery store we realized that our fridge did not work, they came up in about 10 minutes to fix it. they advised us that if it still didn't work they would come back. at about 10:30 at night we called them because it still wasn't working. They came up and replaced the fridge that late at night. That was the only problem that we had. The rooms were nice, nothing was broken or stained. The pools were the right tempature. Later in the afternoons the teenagers got a little out of control, but the security (yes they are every where around this place) quickly put stops to it. I have nothing bad to say about this place. It was the best place i have stayed in, and I have stayed at some really nice places. the staff is perfect and always willing to help (if the bartender is Nathan ask for his special drink). And I am not sure if the problem was fixed or never exsisted, but we never had to wait for a pool chair. There were always more then enough, and they do take your towl and stuff to the sun center if you do leave your chair for more then a hour. Also if you are looking for gifts a local gift shop across the street from the resort on the corner is the best out there. nothing is overly priced and has a lot of stuff. Too many people are picky about this place. They need to understand that this is a time share type enviroment. you are not going to get new towls everyday and you beds are not going to be made (although half way through our trip they came in and gave us new towls and made the beds). If you really want a great stay in Daytona Beach, stay here.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends