We just returned from this resort...first of all do not make your reservations with the 800 number. I called on 3 different occasions with various questions prior to booking and was hung up on twice when I said I was not ready to book at that particular time. I found the representatives to be very rude! I finally booked thru a timeshare owner and got a great deal on a 3 bd 2 ba in the north tower. So, now with the resort itself.... if you are looking for a lot of action than this is the resort for you. If you are wanting something a little quieter and less crowded, do not stay here. The pool area is packed! We had an oceanfront room and at 8:30 a.m. I would look down at the pool area and most of the chairs were already taken. We did the beach the entire time and then hit the pool after 5 when it started to clear out. Also, the pool area is in the shade by 2:00 so if you want some sun you will need to move to the beach. The resort had a horrible odor. It seemed like they needed to use a lot of fragerance in order to mask an already existing odor problem. The other thing I didn't like is that in the master bedroom you only have a window (does not open) so you cannot lie in bed at night listening to the ocean. The room itself was ok. We had come from a very nice resort in Cape Canaveral so it was difficult to go to this resort. The beach is ok. The sand is brownish/red not your nice white sand. They have miniture golf (inside). It is not anything great but something to do at night. It is too bad they did not put it outside though, being indoors, coming from Chicago, was the last thing I wanted to do. Now, for a few of the positives, there is a lifeguard in the general vicinity of the resort and that was comforting to me since I have 3 small children. Trust me the lifequards stayed busy pulling people in from the rip currents. The boardwalk shops were nice to go to at night. We made "Coldstone Creamery" our treat at night. Hope this helps and believe me I did a lot of research and reading and wish I would have listened to the comments because most of the negatives posted are true.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and TravelClick so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham