We recently stayed at the Ocean Walk Resort from October 7 to October 12. Like one of the last reviews said, most of the places on the ocean were hit by the hurricanes. The Ocean Walk did not appear to get hit at all. We really enjoyed our stay. After reading many of the reviews posted, we were eager to see if the resort was all that everyone said it was. Our check in was pleasant except we were unable to check in until 4. We arrived at the hotel at 1, so we had some time to kill. We spent it out by the ocean and by the pools. If I could make a recommendation, I would like to see the Resort let guests check in if the room is ready. They said ours was not, but I'm not sure that was all true. Upon check in, we were given our ocean front room, as booked. We had an A room on the 14th floor. It was, for the most part, well kept. The only suggestions I would have is the carpet in the livingroom needed to be cleaned or a new one put in. The kitchen was well equipt and well kept. Having the mini washer and dryer in our room was a big plus. They gave us some detergent upon arrival but we went to the store to buy more. We needed an extra blanket which we had to call twice for, but it was delivered in about an hours time. We found the staff to be very polite and friendly as well as eager to make sure our stay was good. I must say that I was disappointed in the cleanliness of the shower. The shower floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Also, the maids only do light housekeeping.....make beds, empty trash and provide fresh towels. They don't clean your sink or bathroom at all unless you request it. I called the front desk and requested they clean the bathroom better. They did. Also, the housekeepers do not speak much english, so we were unable to communicate well with them. There was food in the hotel which made it nice. They had an inhouse breakfast and dinner once during the week for a nominal fee, which was nice so we didn't have to go out to get food. They did have a nice pool side cookout with tropical music on the nice days. We were also able to rent chairs and an umbrella on the beach for $25.00 for the day. It was worth it. The outside of the resort was well kept, clean and very nice to sit out and enjoy. The inside of the hotel all in all was well done. We would recommend this hotel to those who want to get away and spend some time at a nice resort as a family or as a couple. There are scheduled activities to do for the kids as well as a game room and computers. We had a one bedroom condo with a pull out sofa bed in the living room which was great for our 13 year old. Our bathroom even had a jacuzzi in it which we didn't use. The Daytona beach area is very run down, so if you are looking to do a lot of shopping or pretty sight seeing along the beach, this would probably not be the place to go, but if you are looking to stay at the hotel most of the time and enjoy the ocean and pool area I would recommend this hotel. I am a very picky reviewer, so I would guess that many people would have a great time at this Hotel. I've read that some people had difficulty with long check in and elevator wait, but we came off season and didn't have any trouble. I'll bet that on season or during a big event, the check in, elevator and parking would be a huge problem. Probably 15 minutes away is International Speedway Drive where you can shop and eat and visit the speedway. This area is well kept. Please beware, that many of the surrounding hotels are very run down. The Ocean Walk is a new resort and was worth far more than the fee of $113.00 per night we were charges. I suspect because it was off season. Don't let the photos of other resorts on the internet fool you. Read the reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham