Just stayed here from Monday - Friday with my husband and 13 yr old son. Heres the love part: The location was perfect everything you need is in walking distance and its right on the beach. The lazy river and pools are awesome. We were here in a less busy time, I don't know if it would be as enjoyable if there were a lot of people. There is an arcade and the hotel itself is nice but huge. Now the hate: we originally booked a one bedroom king condo with a sofa bed. The first room we got was a nice room but the bedroom had 2 dbl beds, we asked for a different room and the second room was a king but the room was considerably smaller and so outdated! It was ugly! The bed cover was disgusting! My husband went back down again and said please just give us a decent room! They switched us again this time the room was much better. We were on the 10th floor. The kitchen was nice and fully stocked. The view was beautiful. Not once during our stay did anyone clean our room or bring fresh towels, I don't know if you have to ask. We just did it ourselves and there's a washer and dryer there so we washed our towels. Also, we booked through book it and were told when we got there we would get a $30 gift card. The staff didn't know what we were talking about and finally had some lady come over and say we have to get that from book it which was fine but this is how she put it, "you booked through a third party, you didn't even book through Wyndham, why would you think you would get that through us?" I worked in customer service for many years and that attitude irritated me. We did have to get our cards reset once, but no big deal. One thing I hated was we all had to wear these plastic bands the whole week to use the pool. It just annoyed me. The area can be a little scary especially at night. People were begging us for money when we went out. Was kind of uncomfortable. One time we came out of the elevator to go to our car and there was blood splattered everywhere! All over the floor the walls not big puddles, but blood spray. I can only assume there was a fight there. They cleaned it up fast but that was unnerving, especially for my son. All said and done, it was a nice stay. I don't think I will stay there again as I don't like clean when I'm on vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham