We stayed here for a week while attending a dance competition and the nearby Ocean Center.
We have stayed here before and the location is great for events at the Ocean Center. The room was a 2-bed, 2 bath and much more updated than the last time we stayed there. The room was very large, clean had updated appliances and new furniture.
The pools are nice. There is a modest waterslide and a good area for small kids and it is not overly crowded. The proximity to the restaurants in the Ocean Walk mall is great. There is a kids activity area for fees that our kids had a good time in.
Now for the downsides... The front desk staff is indifferent at best. I think a lot of this is that it is a timeshare resort and if you a clearly not a owner they seem to only be only modestly interested in solving your problems. Maybe they could switch places with Timeshare selling staff and then it would probably be like a 5-star hotel. :-)
Also the elevator wait times can be terrible - there are only 4 elevators for the 19-story tower and during busy times - check-in, check-out, pool-clearing thunderstorm - you will wait a long time. We waited almost 45 minutes to get an elevator down at checkout time on a Sunday. Take the stairs you say? Too bad you can only get back in from the stairwell on every other floor - so unless you know you are going to another floor you can get back in on - you may be screwed.
Lastly, it should be noted that security is a significant concern - the doors to the units often don't latch unless you pull the door closed and check that it is latched. Our unit did this and as long a we check it, it did lock. Apparently the local thieves know this and we heard multiple reports of thefts from rooms where the perpetrators had allegedly gone door to door pushing on doors until they found an open room and had items taken. Including a room 3 doors down from us while we were there. We never heard of anyone actually having a room broken into - just from rooms accidentally being left unlocked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and TravelClick so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham