Wyndham Ocean Walk
  • Beachfront
$108
$98
Hampton.com
Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
Best Western International Speedway Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$67
BestWestern.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$79
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$101
$85
Agoda.com
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$106
$99
  • Pool
Plaza Resort & Spa(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$123
$109
  • Pool
Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
Travelocity
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
$88
$78
Agoda.com
2,298 results
All reviewslazy riverbedroom deluxewyndham ownerswasher and dryernorth towerpool areaprivate ownermovie theaterfull kitchenacross the streetbubba gumpsnice resortjacuzzi tubfamily vacationspring breakpoolsunit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Daytona numerous times and have stayed elsewhere but we are always drawn to the Ocean Walk for the location and convenience of not always having to leave the resort area. We love that the Ocean Walk shoppes are right next door. We usually take advantage of the movie theater at least once during our stay. The pools are great and there is no pressure to attend the sales meeting which is nice. The staff is attentive and addresses any issues promptly. My only issue is that at peak showering times, the hot water is lukewarm, but that is to be expected I guess. I would recommend the Wyndham Ocean Walk to anyone staying in Daytona.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DanieR55
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Wyndham Ocean Walk is a nice resort conveniently located in the heart of Daytona Beach. The Resort is located right on the Atlantic Ocean, with Ormond Beach and New Smyma Beach each just a few minutes away in opposite directions. The Resort offers awesome views of the ocean or slightly less impressive expanses of the Intercostal Waterway. On different trips we’ve reserved a one bedroom ocean front and were totally delighted, while on this last stay we were in a one bedroom overlooking N. Atlantic Avenue and the Intercostal (it was okay, but I much rather be ocean front). Both were roomy and included a well stocked, functional kitchen, a small dining area and comfortable living room that opened onto the spacious balconies. The master bedroom had a king bed, bathroom with a nice sized shower, a separate whirlpool tub, and two vanities (one located outside the bathroom across from the whirlpool tub). There were two large flat screen televisions and the living room has a DVD player. The stacked washer/dryer in the foyer closet would be a distinct advantage on a longer trip. This Resort has a lot to offer! There are two nice outdoor pools (one with a slide), hot tubs, a lazy river and miniture golf; all with a sweeping view of the Ocean. There are also two smaller indoor pools. Free parking for one car is included in the main buildings garage. Be sure to review the itinerary of activities provided at check-in for days and times of everything that is offered. Some decent restaurants and several stores are only a short walk away. My favorite activies at the resort included walks along the beach, having my coffee or glass of wine on the balcony while enjoying the view and swimming/lounging at the pool. A couple of potential negatives to be aware of - the one bedroom suites are tiny and do not have a whirlpool tub or a real window (rather a stunning view of the interior hallway). You are likely to hear a good bit of noise (i.e., motorcycles revving engines) in the rooms facing Atlantic Avenue (even if it isn't Bike Week). This is a good time to point out that this resort is a Time-Share - meaning that unlike a hotel there is no daily maid service (hence the negative comments from uninformed guests). But we’ve always considered having to wash our towels a fair trade off for not being confined in the small space of a hotel room. Also although check in is typically very easy, you’ll be sent to retrieve your parking pass from another desk where you will be asked about their resort tour (translated as time share sales pitch). You should politely decline unless you want to be tied up for 2 or 3 hours. Finally, even though the resort offers many on-site amenities, there are distinct advantages to having a car. First of all, the added mobility makes it easier to enjoy all that Daytona has to offer, like being able to stock up on groceries (Winn Dixie, Publix and Aldi are all fairly close) or enjoy a night out at one of the hundreds of restaurants located within a short drive. Daytona is a neat vacation spot and the Wyndham Ocean Walk, while not the Hilton, isn’t a bad place to crash.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Oceanfront rooms located on the higher floors have the best views and are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Doc_Brower
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Ocean Walk exceeded our expectations! We used to love Daytona but with the choices of hotels/resorts getting smaller and the age of most of them making them undesirable to say the least we haven't been in years. Ocean Walk was clean with more amenities than any other hotel in the area. It is as close as you can get to a "real" resort in Daytona Beach. We stayed in a one bedroom ocean front on the 25th floor. What a view! The pools were clean and welcoming and the bars nice (although a bit pricey, but not too bad). There were activities for our 4 year old (a kid's club with a few toys, arcade, putt-putt golf, pools) and it is right next door to great restraunts, the water park (we didn't go) and the boardwalk.

We were surprised at the lack of things to do in Daytona Beach as many places have been torn down or shut down but Ocean Walk filled our 3 day trip with more than enough activites!

Room Tip: If getting an oceanfront, request a room whose balcony is not behind the concrete walls, especially higher up. It really blocks your view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a wonderful 4 night stay at the Ocean Walk Resort. We were there for Mother's Day Weekend, and the Thursday and Friday before were not crowded but we did see the crowds start to pick up on Saturday and we were told it was the beginning of the summer busy season.

Our 1 BR condo was very nice and modern, and Thursday and Friday we had no problems with finding chairs, tubes, etc though I can see where the resort could be too crowded to enjoy when at capacity.

We had forgotten some clothes in the closet and had to go back after we checked out and a security guard escorted me to the room. He said it was one of the nicest rooms he had seen at Ocean Walk by far. I don't believe Trip Advisor's policy allows for stating through whom I rented, however if you Google Ocean Walk unit 1909 you will be able to find it.

In addition to the resort itself, we loved the proximity (attached) to the Ocean Walk Shops. It made for really convenient dining choices, and there is also a movie theater in case you get rained out one night. There is also a very nice boardwalk that starts at Ocean Walk and goes down to the pier.

I would certainly stay here again, however I would do so prior to Mother's Day, when it tends to start getting crowded.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I purchased a 4 night stay in a 3BR Deluxe Oceanfront condo via.... ebay! Sight unseen and happy to say, I was extremely pleased. Our room was indeed oceanfront with our balcony looking down on the vast pool area and beyond that the sandy beach and Atlantic Ocean. I wanted to take my 18 year old daughter and a friend or 2 for a short vacation. Since one of those friends was of the male variety a 2 bed hotel room wasn't going to cut it. So began my quest for affordable accommodations suitable for our group. There were some good deals on VBRO (Vacation Rentals By Owners) and HomeAway.com and the good thing about those sites is the properties are posted by the owners with detailed information, photos of the actual properties and guest reviews. I narrowed down the condos I was interested in and then came to TripAdvisor for reviews of the resorts or buildings in which those condos were physically located. One TripAdvisor reviewer for the Wyndham OW stated he'd gotten a good deal on ebay so that was the next site I searched and did I get lucky. As if custom made for us, this vacation was advertised for the exact dates of our trip. 3 BR 2 Bath Deluxe being offered until 9PM, option to bid on it or Buy it Now for $347. Well aware of what these condos were renting for, I quickly scanned the seller's reviews (all favorable) and went for it. King Master BR facing the ocean, 1 Queen BR1 and one with 2 double beds, double sleeper sofa (which we didn't need), sleeps 10 total. A bedroom for everyone with room to spare. There was a full kitchen, dining area and living room. TV's in all the BR's. Full set of dishes, pots and pans which appeared to be brand new, same for the towels. There was a washer & dryer. Condo was comfortable and clean. Like a hotel room, we were provided with a small shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash, coffee filters, and one package of coffee. Unlike a hotel room, there is no daily maid service and supplies are not replenished. *This applies to renting via ebay, or from owners. Renting via the resort itself may be different. Also, note not all the units are the same, but this is what we got.

Wi-Fi was sketchy. We got a signal in our South Tower 13th floor room approx 50% of the time.

We got 1 parking space in the ramp. There is a parking lot somewhere "across the street" for $16/day should you need another spot.

On site restaurant was being remodeled (closed) so there was no where in the building to get a cup of coffee or food which was a disappointment. Was told I could get a cup at a restaurant or Dunkin Donuts, both within a block. I prefer to have my cup before I step foot out the door in the morning. Wish they would have set up a coffee station in the lower lobby where you check out towels and can buy a soda or bottled water. I almost had to withhold 1 star for this!

Pools - in order to get a lounge chair at the pool you need to be down there by 8:30-9:00 to reserve one. Take your towels down and throw them over a chair. By 9:00/9:30 it will be too late. The chairs around the far side of the pool get the most sun in the afternoon.

We were entitled to 1 beach towel each. They don't allow an exchange for clean towel during your stay, you have to use your washer/dryer.

There is a poolside bar with cocktails, don't know about sodas but they do not sell bottled water. You have to get that in the lower lobby. The bar also sells hotdogs, hamburgers and french fries which you can also get from a truck right down on the beach where they have better/cheaper fries.

Elevators are slow with so many people using them. Be prepared to wait.

Every employee I encountered was very friendly and helpful. I reported 2 issues on our way out in the morning 2 different days and both had been resolved by the time we returned to room.

Property was clean and well maintained. I didn't have to look far to find an employee if I had a question or needed something. Security was always present in the pool area.

The location is great. Short walk to restaurants, coffee shops, tourist shops, the pier which houses Joe's Crab Shack, and a pizza place. There is a excellent taffy shop called Zeno's on Main Street near the pier that sells awesome fresh (nice and soft) taffy and carmel apples (yum). Additional restaurants and tourist shops on Main. If you drive, you'll prob have to pay for parking. Boardwalk has a few attractions such as food, ferris wheel, games. Then there's the Shoppes at Ocean Walk accessible via the 4th floor of North Tower. Not a lot of shoppes - souvenirs, beach wear, Starbucks, movie theater (Tuesday is the cheap tickets day but I forget the price) and also the Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant which we dined at one night. Sat outside on a perfect night for it, and we enjoyed our meals. I would go again.

Check out the Wyndham OW resort web site for additional amenities as there are many.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family