We stayed for 3 nights in a 1-bd ocean view. Can't complain with a beautiful view and that much space for just $150ish per night. Were there during Spriing Break, so tons of teenagers, but not too much noise We were on 4th floor, south tower right above pool, with a bedroom right next door to an indoor play area, so we were worried about noise, and it was a little noisy the first night, but we were too tired to care much. We requested and received an updated unit, but it was not well maintained. Shower head pathetic and tub facet practically dangling. Sliding door to balcony so rusted it was hard to move and the lock/handle was falling off. No where to hang towels in bath..2 wide open walls, but one tiny towel bar and the hook was ripped off the back of door. The kitchen floor & back of counters had plenty of crumbs, but looked clean enough. My husband and kids loved it...and we still had a good time.
Staff--not great, but not horrible. Friendly to me, got the sales pitch. Husband had another take--he thought they were awful because he asked 3 separate people about heated pools, and not one told him that one of the outdoor pools were heated to bath temp (we had been using the one outside our balcony, which was warm, but not warm enough for night swimming like the other, which he discovered by accident the night before we left. The indoor pools are NOT heated--too cold for the kids, and it was in the 60s while we were there, so outdoor pool was only an option the one day it hit 68 degrees, Pools & deck area were very clean, and beach had convenient features. Bad thing: the sun shaded the pools by 2-2:30pm the last week of March. Surrounding area--not great, very touristy with crappy overpriced places to eat where the wait was crazy long (too may huge hotels & not enough restaurants). Head North on the 1A and you'll find some great places just 15-20 minutes away (most located in strip malls).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Kognitiv US Corp, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham