“Wonderful stay”

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was a completely carefree vacation. I actually had a one-bedroom for the first 2 days and a three-bedroom for the following 5 days. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Todd checked me in and made sure I was well taken care of during the transition from one room to the next. Kip came and got my things and held them until the other room was ready and a very nice woman helped me out when I forgot my key on the very first night. The facility is very relaxed with so much to do. My daughter and grand kids came for a couple of days, my son came for a couple of days and my husband came for the last two. It really was wonderful. We walked to the restaurants at Ocean Walk and then down the boardwalk to all the little shops. I walked on the beach every morning. This is my new vacation spot.

Room Tip: The three-bedroom has a fantastic jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I just got back from this resort being at Daytona for the 1st time. The resort was nice and there is stuff to do near the resort and it is a short ride from the airport. It was clean and for the most part the staff was very friendly.

What I didnt like about the vacation was the fact that they tried to sell me on "ownership" and they tell you they are going to give you money and vouchers but it also included a 90 min presentation. I was only going to be there 3 nights so to take 90 min out of my vaca is kinda a lot. I told the girl at the desk that I would think about it. We left the room for the day and when we got back, we had a tag on the door that said "sorry I missed you but I went ahead and scheduled you for a meeting just in case because it fills up fast. The next evening we had a reminder call telling us not to forget about the presentation followed up with another call the next morning! It was a little too much for someone that just said I would think about it!

The interior was a little outdated and the furnace kept making a banging noise all night which became annoying when all you want to do was sleep!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This property has it all, river pool, kids pool, adult pool. Bar next to the adult pool also serves food. Large pool has a water slide! Restaurants inside, tech room, game room. To top that off, just a short walk next door to Ocean Walk, for more bars, food, shopping. Rooms wonderful, staff great.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim N
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed with friends at the Wyndham in their time share. It was a nice 2 bed 2 bath witha kitchen. The rooms were clean and we had a great ocean view. The resort has pools, water slides and river raft ride. There is a mini golf in the resort, goofy but your inside. We didn't get to enjoy all that because hurricane Sandy came byt while we were there.There are alot a resturants within waking distance.
The race track area has alot of resturants and stores too. St Augustine is a not far away and the Ponce de Leon lighthouse is a great place to visit.
My only complaints are there aren't any towel racks in the bathrooms. The indoor pool wasn't heated. The beds were not very comfortable. It does need some updating. The carpeting should be removed, it caused my allergies to really kick in.
We had a nice time.

Room Tip: Ocean view is great, it was very quiet even the room that faces the hall.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It was important to me to have a bedroom window that could open so that I could hear the ocean at night. I was told that the only way to do that was to get a corner unit and I love it. We have two balconies- one off of the bedroom (ocean front) and one off of the living room (good ocean view).

We have not had any trouble with slow elevators or the parking garage. I have had a very little contact with the staff or needed to request anything from them. We rented from an owner and the furniture and decor is nice in unit 901 in the south tower.

My only complaint is the music blaring from the pool area from early in the morning until 11PM- I am hear to listen to the ocean- not the music. There have been very few if any people out there at night so I wish that they would turn off this music that is not being listened to anyone by choice.

Nice resort otherwise- the beach is gorgeous and the 4 pools and water slide are being enjoyed by my 5 year old.

Room Tip: Corner rooms will give you a bedroom with a balcony. You can't open the other windows in this bu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stay in a hotel 30 to 40 times a year and those where the worst beds that i had ever slept in. Two of the burner on the stove didn't work.(I fixed them) ANd the shower had alot of black mildew in it. The rooms need upgrades bad. And no one told us that we were allowed 10 towels a week. The lady was very rude on the third day when we went to get towels for the pool. The pool area was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We got a great deal on a 2br deluxe, purchased from timeshare owner. We stayed in 2032 in the north tower (T2) which I believe is the new tower. It appears that the south tower may be 'Ocean walk' while the north tower is 'wyndham vacation ownership'... and that may be why ratings vary so much. Rooms rented through Ocean walk are probably much smaller and older than the new rooms that are for timeshare owners.
That being said, check in was fast, we arrived late on a Sun. Plenty of parking for the north tower, elevators were always quick. I did get a decent amount of calls about the presentation, but I did say that my husband and I would discuss it, as they offer decent incentives for attending. The shower head was broken in the master bath and I saw it that first night, I called right away and she asked what time Id like someone to come in the morning. I said 9 and he arrived just a few minutes after.
In the 2br deluxe, this room was the size of an apartment, great tvs, 2 large bedrooms, full kitchen, laundry, excellent black out curtains, the whole bit. Master bath had a nice whirlpool tub, we had a great city and ocean view.
Heated outdoor pools, lazy river, golf, etc etc, right there on the beach.

Great stay, location is good, never heard any neighbors.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family