There was only one person at the front desk when we were checking in. The person was extremely slow and didn't seem to understand the check in process very well. He stood looking at the computer screen clicking away that took almost 15 minutes even though we had advance reservations. We booked a one bedroom room for the 25th through the 27th. At the front desk we were told it was an inside room. I asked the person if he could give me a price on an oceanfront room. After another 10 minutes he handed me my key. I was just grateful to get it. The crowd behind me was growing. I went to the room and it was a crypt. One window looking in to outside hall. It was dank and dreary with no natural light. Not the way I wanted to spend my days while on vacation at the beach. I went down to the front desk and waited on line again. After a half hour I was told that because I made an internet booking I needed to call the 800 number and change it to the oceanfront that I wanted. The 800 guy was no help. He also stated that he couldn't help me because it was an online booking. He then said to go on the website and modify my room. Of course there was no internet in any of the rooms. I had to tether my cell to my laptop. Again, no area on the website to modify my room. This now has been 2 hours since I checked in. My wife and daughter was waiting for me to resolve this while it was a beautiful day. I went down and asked for the manager. Of course the manager would even come out to talk to me she sent another agent to ask me what was wrong. Finally after 2.5 hours I got another room that was great. I didn't mind paying for the upgrade. But the hassle of that front desk where they had no clue on how to run a resort. After this we went to the Omni Championsgate in Orlando. They we the total opposite of this hotel. See my review!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham